C4 : Monsoon 2013
Changing Chemistry in Changing Climate : Monsoon 2013
Kindly Note : There is no need to upload your poster. All participants have to get their own printed posters(Hard copy) along with them. No posters will be printed by IITM
Welcome to C4
The main idea is to have as many scientists and young researchers from the sub-continent and the international expert key note speakers from abroad under one roof, in order to attain a regional focus with international contributions.
It shall provide a platform for exchange of knowledge amongst the developed and developing world, specifically in the field of Atmospheric Chemistry and Health Impacts of Air Pollution.
(The C4 workshop will be preceded by the IITM-WMO Sponsered SAFAR Seminar on April 30, 2013. For further information visit : SAFAR-Seminar)
- New insights in variability of atmospheric chemistry through observations and processes.
- Chemical weather in a changing climate scenario with a focus on tropics.
- Air pollution and Climate impact on Human health and advancement in baseline dose response relationship for improving air quality indexing.
- Key opportunities and major challenges in prediction and predictability of Air Quality.
- Interactions of tropical clouds and aerosol on Asian monsoon.
- Present status of Chemical Climate modelling on all time scales.
It will be a 3 day workshop with 9/12 sessions in all (3/4 sessions per day) including talks by eminent keynote speakers, oral presentations by selected young researchers and poster sessions along with interaction between expert speakers and budding scientists. With focus on following topics:
- History of Monsoon research and atmospheric chemistry in sub continent and region.
- Current topics: Pollution, Biomass Burning, Atmospheric Brown Cloud, Stratosphere Troposphere Exchange, Brewer Dobson Circulation, Tropical stratospheric Ozone.
- Future needs
Important Dates (Extended)
- Deadline for Abstract Submission : March 15, 2013
- Communication of Acceptance : March 25, 2013
- Deadline for Application for Limited Travel Support : March 15, 2013
- Conference Dates : May 1-3, 2013
The registration fee for the workshop is
- For Indian participants is Rs. 1000 /-
- For all other International participants is USD 100/-
The registration fees should be deposited in cash at the registration desk on the first day of the workshop during registration hours only.
Organizers and Sponsors