Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune
Library, Information and Publication Division, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune
Information System in Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Pune
Research Associate (Media/Journalism)
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi
Different science writing, publications, public relations and science broadcasting positions, Jammu, New Delhi and Bengaluru
Presentations/Talks at National/International Conferences and Academic Institutions
4th National Science Communication Congress (NSCC), Gwalior, 20-24 December 2004
Fundamental principles of Science Communication (paper)
6th International Conference on Hands-on Science (HSCI 2009), Science City, Ahmedabad, 27-31 October 2009
Hands-on Science: Communication Through Multi-Media and ICT Tools (paper)
11th International Conference on Public Communication of Science and Technology (PCST) 2010, NASC Complex, New Delhi, 06-10 December 2010
Why Communicate Research to the Public? (paper)
International Conference on Science Communication for Scientific Temper, NASC Complex, New Delhi, 10-12 January 2012
Commonizing Scientific Temper: Challenges and opportunities in India (paper)
National level two-day workshop onScience Communication in Hindi through Digital Media, New Delhi, 28-29 March 2012
कविता के द्वारा डिजिटल माध्यम से विज्ञान संचार (talk)
First World Conference on Science Fiction Studies in India, Yashwantrao Mohite College, Pune (Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University), 01-02 February 2013
Science Poetry as a Genre of Science Communication (Invited Talk)
2-day Round Table Conference on ‘Challenges for Science Film Making in India’, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala during 19-20 July 2014.
Science in Action: Challenges in Telling a Dynamic Story through Visuals (Invited Talk)
14th Indian Science Communication Congress (ISCC-2014), INSA, New Delhi 110002, 26-28 December 2014
Towards Good Governance of Science: Need to Rationalize Science Communication Strategies (Presentation in Scientific Session IV: Policy Issues)
Are Indian Scientists Ready to Connect with the Masses through the Media? (Presentation in Scientific Session V: Scientists as Communicators)
Workshop on Science Film Making & 5th National Science Film Festival (NSFF), 04-08 February 2015 in Lucknow
Science Communication through Film: How to Tell a Dynamic Story (Invited Talk)
UGC sponsored National level conference on ‘Ethical Issues in Scientific Writing’ during 03-04 September 2015 at Maharani’s Science College for women (Department of Higher Education, Government of Karnataka), Bengaluru.
The Other Side of Science: Towards Better Science Writing/Communication Skills (Invited Talk)
Science Communicators’ Meet at Indian Science Congress -2017, Tirupati 03-07 January 2017.
The Other Side of Science: Towards Better Science Communication Skills (Invited Talk)
17th Indian Science Communication Congress (ISCC) on the theme “Communicating India’s Scientific Wisdom: Changing Paradigms” at Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi during 21-22 December 2017.
Why ancient Indian wisdom is missing from the scientific discourse? The importance of going back to move forward.
Round Table Meet on Mass Communication, India International Science Festival (IISF) at NIOT, Chennai during 13-16 October 2017.
Weather and climate communication: What Indian scientists think about their scientific writing skills.
Panel discussion on ‘science communication – the way forward.
National Workshop on the Science, Technology and Innovation Policy: Optimising Communication & Information Research during 23-25 January 2018 at NASC Complex, New Delhi.
Suggestions/recommendations for revising the STI Policy.
18th Indian Science Communication Congress (ISCC-2018), New Delhi, 20-21 December 2018.
Science Communication and Fake News
106th Indian Science Congress, Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, 03-07 January 2019.
Scientific Writing in Weather and Climate Sciences: Capacity Building for Taking Knowledge to the Unreached (Invited Talk)
Vigyanika -- International Science Literature Fest, India International Science Festival (IISF-2019), Kolkata, 05-08 November 2019.
Scientists and Science Communication in India: A Policy Perspective
20th Indian Science Communication Congress (ISCC-2020), Web-conference, 20 December 2020.
How important is communicating science: A survey of top Indian scientists
One Day National Multidisciplinary e-Conference on “Research in Science and Technology for Sustainable Development” organized by Rajarshee Shahu Science College, Chandur Railway, Dist. Amravati (MS) in collaboration with Indian Science Congress Association, Amravati Chapter, 23rd March 2021.
Toward integrating science communication training in STEM education(Invited Talk)
Delivered the inaugural invited talk under the Lecture Series on ‘Intellectual Property Rights’ organised by Industry Academia Partnership Cell (IAPC) and Department of Botany, Jammu University, Jammu on 21 October 2021.
Invited talk (Keynote Speaker): Science Communication, IPRs and Ethics: Where do we lack?
Department of Chemistry, Jammu University, Jammu on 21 October 2021.
Science Communication: Bridging the Science-Society Divide(Invited Talk)
Future of Science Communication Conference, 24-25 June 2021, Berlin, Germany organised by Wissenschaft im Dialog, the organisation for science communication in Germany, and ALLEA, the European Federation of Academies of Sciences and Humanities. Presented paper online in the Lightning Talk Session on Innovative Approaches to Science-Society Interactions on 25 June 2021.
A Survey of Factors Affecting Indian Scientists’ Engagement in Science Communication.
Membership of Professional/Scientific Bodies
Life Member, Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), Kolkata.
Life Member, Indian Meteorological Society (IMS), New Delhi.
2. CSIR Young Scientist and CSIR Technology Awards 2008, Current Science, 2009, 96, 15.
1. Review of the book Prakriti Ki Prayogshala published by Vigyan Prasar, Current Science, 2008, 95, 1628.
Articles in Esteemed Magazines/Bulletins/Newspapers (Sole Author)
27. How aerosols increase drought severity over the Indian subcontinent, Bulletin of IMSP (BIMSP), Vol. 18 (4), April 2019, 9-10.
26. Operational monsoon forecast: Are high-resolution models any better? Bulletin of IMSP (BIMSP), Vol. 17 (1), August 2018, 25-26.
25. Impact of chemical impurities and electrical forces on raindrop breakup, Bulletin of IMSP (BIMSP), Vol. 17 (3), October 2018, 15- 17.
24. Ozone pollution causing agricultural losses in India, Bulletin of IMSP (BIMSP), Vol. 17 (4), November 2018, 33-36.
23. Anomalous warming of the Indian Ocean during the 20th century, Bulletin of IMSP (BIMSP), Vol. 17 (5), December 2018, 12-13.
22. Pluto is Now Plutoid, Science Reporter, November 2008.
21. Radioactive Minerals in Ladakh, Science Reporter, September 2008.
20. Vanishing Vultures (Cover Story), Science Reporter, June 2006.
19. Genetic Association of Pulmonary TB, Science Reporter, March 2009.
18. Most Powerful Electron Microscope Unveiled, Science Reporter, March 2009.
17. Microbe Resistant Fabric for Textiles, Science Reporter, May 2009.
16. India Environment Portal, Science Reporter, May 2009.
15. Cartoon on Extinction of Vultures, Science Reporter, January 2008.
14. Vultures On The Verge Of Extinction: Can We Save Them? Vipnet News, Vol. 5, No. 6, June 2007.
13. The Great Indian Bustard, Vipnet News, Vol. 3, No. 6, June 2005.
12. Heart Truth: Cardiac Diseases on Rise in City, Indian Express, Jammu, January 10, 2006.
11. Delayed Rains, But Now It’s Okay for Farmers, Indian Express, Jammu, January 5, 2006.
10. It’s More Than Just Water, Indian Express, Jammu, January 22, 2006.
9. Train Your Guns in the New Terrorist in Water, Indian Express, Jammu, February 8, 2006.
8. Insects to the Rescue of Farmers, Indian Express, Jammu, January 6, 2006.
7. Centuries Old Manuscripts to Find Place at UNESCO, Indian Express, Jammu, January 27, 2006.
6. SRS Library’s Gift Book Centre in a Mess, Indian Express, Jammu, January 24, 2006.
5. Shine Your Brain with Sunlight, Free Press, Indore, March 7, 2005.
4. Food for Brain, Free Press, Indore, February 21, 2005.
3. The Wonder Flyers on the Edge, Free Press, Indore, September 27, 2004.
2. Mother Earth’s Ozone Layer Being Torn off, Free Press, Indore, September 17, 2004.
1. From Darkness to Colours of Life, Free Press, Indore, September 8, 2004.
Popular Science Stories for India Science Wire (ISW)
5. India to use artificial intelligence and 100 PF supercomputer to improve weather prediction, 26 November 2019. https://vigyanprasar.gov.in/isw/India-to-use-artificial-intelligence-and-100-PF-supercomputer-to-improve-weather-prediction.html.