Cloud Aerosol Interaction and Precipitation Enhancement Experiment (CAIPEEX- 2009, 2011 and 2014)
Winter Fog Field Experiment (WIFFEX- 2016 and 2017)
National Projects undertaken
Arabian Sea Monsoon Experiment, Department of Science and Technology (DST) project 2002-03, Amount: Rs. 23.37 Lakhs.
Measurement and study of three dimensional of wind and turbulence with a Doppler Sodar in the atmospheric boundary layer over Pune. Department of Science and Technology (DST) project year 2007-2010, Amount: Rs. 64.2768 Lakhs.
Research papers published in peer-reviewed journals
25. T. Dharmaraj, M.N.Patil, Cini Sukumaran, B.S.Murthy, G.R. Chinthalu, E. Chandrasekar, M. Rajendran and Devendraa Siingh.,Temporal variation of carbon dioxide and water vapor density over a station in west coast of Arabian Sea during sea breeze and land breeze., Journal of Indian Geophysical Union, January 2018. Vol. 1., pages 66-78.
24. Patil M.N., Waghmare R.T. Dharmaraj T, Chinthalu G.R., Siingh D., Meena G.S. Influence of wind speed on surface layer stability and turbulent fluxes over southern Indian peninsula station., Journal of Earth System Science, 125, October 2016, DOI:10.1007/s12040-016-0735-5, 1399-1411.
23. Chinthalu G.R., Dharmaraj T., Patil M.N., Dhakate A.R., Siingh D., Cloud aerosol interactions and its influence on cloud microphysical parameters during dry and wet spells of Indian summer monsoon using CAIPEEX data., Journal of Indian Geophysical., Union, 20, November 2016, 596-605.
22. Siingh D., Singh R.P., Sarvan Kumar, Dharmaraj T., Singh A.K., Singh Ashok K., Patil M.N., Singh S., Lightning and middle atmospheric discharges in the atmosphere., Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, 134, November 2015, DOI:/10.1016/j.jastp.2015.10.001, 78-101.
21. Subharthi Chowdhuri, Thara V. Prabha, Anand Karipot. T. Dharamraj, M.N Patil, Relationship between the Momentum and Scalar Fluxes Close to the Ground During the Indian Post-monsoon Period, Boundary-Layer Meteorology, 2015, 154:333–348, DOI: 10.1007/s10546-014-9977-4.
20. R.D. Ruchith, P. Ernest Raj, M.C.R. Kalapureddy and T. Dharmaraj, Role of surface and boundary layer processes in temporal evolution of monsoon low level jet (MLLJ) observed from high resolution Doppler wind lidar measurements, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, 2014, 121,1-9, DOI:10.1016/j.jastp.2014.09.016.
19. M.N. Patil, S.D.Patil, R.T.Waghmare and T. Dharmaraj, Planetary Boundary Layer and aerosol interactions over the Indian sub-continent, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, 2014,112, 38–42.
18. M. N. Patil, Manoj Kumar, R. T. Waghmare, T. Dharmaraj and N. C. Mahanty, Evaluation of Noah-LSM for soil hydrology parameters in the Indian summer monsoon conditions, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 2014, 118, 47-56, DOI:10.1007/s00704-013-1046-2.
17. M. N. Patil, T. Dharmaraj, R. T. Waghmare, T. V. Prabha and J. R. Kulkarni, Measurements of carbon dioxide and heat fluxes during monsoon-2011 season over rural site of India by eddy covariance technique, Journal of Earth System Science,.123, No.1, February 2014, 177–185.
16. M. N. Patil, S. D. Patil, R. T. Waghmare, and T. Dharmaraj, Planetary Boundary Layer height over the Indian subcontinent during extreme monsoon years, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, January 2013, 92, 94–99.
15. Chinthalu G.R, Dharmaraj T, Dhakate A.R, Devara P.C.S, Salient features of Andhra Pradesh cyclonic storm in the Bay of Bengal during September 1997, Natural Hazards, 62, June 2012, DOI 10.1007/s11069-012-0097-5, 613-633.
14. Murthy B.S., Latha R., Sreeja P., Dharmaraj T. Transient land breeze: Eclipse induced wind flow modifications—Observations over plant canopy Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, 89, November 2012, 33-39, DOI:10.1016/j.jastp.2012.07.010.
13. R. T. Waghmare, T. Dharmaraj and M.N. Patil, Noah-LSM Simulation on Various Soil Textures in Tropical Semi-Arid Regions, Soil Science, Volume 177, 11, November 2012,664-673.
12. T. Dharmaraj, M.N. Patil, R.T. Waghmare, and Raj P. E., Carbon dioxide and water vapour characteristics on the west coast of Arabian Sea during Indian summer monsoon, Journal of Earth System Science, 121, August 2012, 903-910.
11. Murthy B.S., Latha R., Sreeja R., Kalapureddy M.C.R., Dharmaraj T., Waghmare, R.T., Pre-monsoon/monsoon thunderstorm characteristics over Pune- An investigation using Doppler Sodar observations, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, 73, October 2011, 2356-2366, DOI: 10.1016/j.jastp. 2011.07.012.
10. Patil M.N., R.T. Waghmare, S. Haldar, T.Dharmaraj, Performance of Noah land surface model over the tropical semi-arid conditions in western India, Atmospheric Research, Vol. 99 (2011), 85-96.
9. Ravi V., George J., Latha R., Murthy B.S., Dharmaraj T., Ravindran C.S., Naskar S.K., Effect of the Annular Solar Eclipse of 15 January 2010 on Meterological variables, photo synthetic Electron transport rate and photo system II Efficiency of Cassava, Journal of Root Crops,36,August 2010, 72-77.
8. T. Dharmaraj, G.R. Chinthalu and P. Ernest Raj., Turbulence characteristics in the atmospheric surface layer during summer monsoon of 1997 over a semi arid location in India, Journal of Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 104, 2009, 113-123, DOI 10.1007/s00703-009-0022-y.
7. T. Dharmaraj, G.R. Chinthalu and R.T. Waghmare, Oscillation of Wind Temperature Humidity in the Atmospheric Surface Layer over tropical semi arid stations, Journal of the Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, 2009, 71, 618 – 624.
6. Dharmaraj T., Murthy B.S., Sivaramakrishnan S., Vertical structure of the lower atmosphere over the Arabian sea and West Coast station during weak phase of the Indian summer monsoon, Indian Journal of Radio and Space Physics, 35, 2006, 418-423
5. Sukumaran C., Rajitha M.P.T., Dharmaraj T., Murthy B.S., Sivaramakrishnan S., Variation of water vapour and CO2 at Goa during ARMEX phase-I and II, Mausam, 56, 2005, 213-220
4. Vernekar K.G., Sinha S., Sadani L.K., Sivaramakrishnan S., Parasnis S.S., Brij Mohan, Saxena S., Dharmaraj T., Patil M.N., Pillai J.S., Murthy B.S., Debaje S.B., Singh A.B., Over view of Land Surface Processes Experiment (LASPEX) over a semi arid region of India, Boundary Layer Meteorology, 106, 2003, 561-572
3. Murthy B.S., Dharmaraj T. and Pillai J.S., Variation of surface energy budget at Anand during different seasons of LASPEX-97, Journal of Agrometeorology, 3, 2001, 67-77
2. Murthy B.S. and Dharmaraj T., Characteristics of turbulence in the atmospheric surface layer over a complex terrain, Indian Journal of Radio and Space Physics, 30, 2001, 260-265
1. Murthy B.S., Dharmaraj T., Vernekar K.G., Sodar observations of the nocturnal boundary layer at Kharagpur, India, Boundary Layer Meteorology, 81, 1996, 201-209
Papers Published in Symposia/Workshops Proceedings etc.
20. Evaluating relationship between fluxes of heat and CO2 using direct Eddy covariance measurement, M.N.Patil, T. Dharmaraj, R.T. Waghmare, G.R. Chinthalu, Devendraa Siingh, Thara Prabhakaran, Asia Flux, 22-25 November 2015, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune (INDIA)
19. G.R. Chinthalu T. Dharmaraj, Modulation of Air-Sea interaction during severe Cyclone JAL understanding the possible impact of global warming World Weather Open Science Conference to be held from August 16-21, 2014 in Montréal, Québec, Canada.
18. G.R.Chinthalu, Dharmaraj. T, M.N.Patil, Thara Prabharan, Study on microphysical properties of non raining and raining clouds observed during Indian summer monsoon using CAIPEEX observation data at 7th International Scientific Conference on the Global Water and Energy Cycle World Forum, The Hague, The Netherlands, 4-17 July 2014.
17. G.R.Chinthalu, T. Dharmaraj, M.N.Patil and Thara Prabharan, ,"Cloud microphysical characteristics of deficient and excess Indian summer monsoons inferred from Modis data”, IASTA Conference at BHU, Varanasi, IASTA Conference at BHU,Varanasi, November 2014, IASTA Bulletin Vol.21 Issue 1 & 2 pages 228-229. 2014.
16. G.R.Chinthalu, T. Dharmaraj and M.N. Patil, "Enhancement of rainfall during Elnino years for sustainable agricultural production over India", conference on NASA-2014, Pantnagar, October 2014.
15. M. N. Patil, T. Dharmaraj, R. T. Waghmare, T. V. Prabha and J. R. Kulkarni, Carbon dioxide and heat fluxes during monsoon-2011 season over Mahabubnagar by eddy covariance technique, CAIPEEX Science meeting workshop during 17-18 October 2013 at IITM, Pune.
14. G.R. Chinthalu, T. Dharmaraj, T. Venugopal, A.R. Dhakate,P.E. Raj and P.C.S. Devara, Understanding Cloud Microphysical Parameters during break and active phases of the Indian summer monsoon using CAIPEEX-data, CAIPEEX Science meeting workshop during 17-18 October 2013 at IITM, Pune.
13. R.D. Ruchith, Kalapureddy, M.C.R., Raj, P.E and T. Dharmaraj, Statistical characteristics of Monsoon LLJ over IGOC site, CAIPEEX Science meeting workshop during 17-18 October 2013 at IITM, Pune.
12. Subharthi Chowdhuri, Thara Prabhakaran, Anand Karipot, T.Dharamraj, M.N.Patil and K.G.McNaughton, Turbulent exchange in an unstable and near neutral monsoon boundary layer during CAIPEEX-IGOC-2011, CAIPEEX Science meeting workshop during 17-18 October 2013 at IITM, Pune.
11. T. Dharmaraj, M.N.Patil, R.T.Waghmare, Thara Prabhakaran and G.R. Chinthalu, Turbulence characteristics in the atmospheric surface layer over a peninsular India station during IGOC,CAIPEEX Science meeting workshop during 17-18 October 2013 at IITM, Pune.
10. G.R. Chinthalu, P.C.S. Devara, T. Venugopal, T. Dharmaraj A.R. Dhakate and P.E. Raj, 'Variations of aerosol and cloud microphysical parameters during the break and active phases of the Indian summer monsoon using coupled CAIPEEX-NCEP- MODIS data', the 1st Pan-GASS Conference on observing, understanding and modelling atmospheric physical processes at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), Boulder, Colorado, USA, 2012, pp 18.
9.G.R.Chinthalu, Devara .P.C.S, T. Dharmaraj, P.N.Mahajan and A.R. Dhakate, Modulation of Air-Sea Interaction of Severe Cyclone Jal Using Satellite–Derived Data, National Conference on Advances in Atmospheric Remote Sensing, Weather Prediction & Climate Change (ARWPCC-2011), 2011.
8. Thara Prabha, Gayatri Urankar, Roelof Burger, P. Murugavel, G. Pandithurai, MN Patil, T. Dharmaraj, B. Padmakumari, S. B. Morwal, K. K. Dani, Narkhedkar S. G., CG Deshpande, M. Konwar, Sapre V. V., Bhalwankar R. V., Joshi R. R., R.S Maheshkumar, E. Raj, J.R Kulkarni, and B.N Goswami Salient features of diurnal cycle of convection during CAIPEEX 2011International conference on Opportunities and Challenges in Monsoon Prediction in a Changing Climate" (OCHAMP-2012),IITM, Pune, 21-25 February, 2012.
7.R.R. Joshi, T. Dharmaraj, R.T. Waghmare and J.R.Kulkarni, Classification of vertical velocities in the tropical clouds during CAIPEEX phase-I over different regions,International conference on Opportunities and Challenges in Monsoon Prediction in a Changing Climate" (OCHAMP-2012),IITM, Pune, 21-25 February, 2012.
6.M.N. Patil, R.T. Waghmare, T. Dharmaraj, Thara Prabha, and J.R. Kulkarni, Evaluation of heat and moisture fluxes from Noah land surface model against direct observations, International conference on Opportunities and Challenges in Monsoon Prediction in a Changing Climate" (OCHAMP-2012),IITM, Pune, 21-25 February, 2012.
5.M.N. Patil, R.T. Waghmare, T. Dharmaraj, Thara Prabha, and J.R. Kulkarni, Surface-layer turbulent fluxes and exchange coefficients during the CAIPEEX-IGOC field experiment, International conference on Opportunities and Challenges in Monsoon Prediction in a Changing Climate" (OCHAMP-2012),IITM, Pune, 21-25 February, 2012.
4. G.R. Chinthalu, T. Dharmaraj , A.R. Dhakate and P.N. Mahajan, Investigation of air-sea interface processes dynamics and thermodynamics related to weak and active phase of offshore trough during ARMEX-2002, International conference on Geophysical Sciences Energy, Climate Change and Evolution of Human Society ICON GSECCES-2010, 2010.
3. M. N. Patil, M. Manoj Kumar, R.T. Waghmare, T. Dharmaraj and N. C. Mahanty, Simulations of land surface parameters over Ranchi using Noah LSM, Workshop on Continental Tropical Convergence Zone (CTCZ) - PILOT – Initial results, 2010, 221-231.
2.T. Dharmaraj, P.E. Raj, B.S. Murthy, R. Latha, P. Sreeja, K.K. Dani, Asha S. Nath, S. Sunil Sonbawne, M.N. Patil and R.T. Waghmare, Intercomparison of winds and boundary layer structure using Radiosonde and Sodar observations over Pune, Workshop on Continental Tropical Convergence Zone (CTCZ) - PILOT – Initial results, 2010, 183-185.
1. T. Dharmaraj, R.R.Joshi and P.E. Raj, Aircraft measurement of vertical fluxes of aerosol and CCN on 3 July 2009 over Peninsular India, One day workshop on Preliminary Results of CAIPEEX Phase –I,29 October 2009, 2009, 94-97.
Guidance to Students
Name of Student
Miss. Prachi Sharad Bhujbal
Fergusson College, Savitribai Phule Pune University (Project in Atmospheric Science)