Sub Programme 1 : Regular Training for Research students and Young Scientists
- In-house training for research students.
- Comprehensive Training in Atmospheric Science
- Phase-I 1st batch(August 2006 – Dec.2006)
- Phase-II 1st batch(August 2007- Oct. 2007)
- Phase-I 2nd batch(August 2008 -Dec.2008)
- Implementation of M. Tech. (Atmos. and Space Sci.) programme of Pune University.
- Co-ordination for M. Tech., M. Sc. & B. E. project work of different universities (Pune, Cochin, Andhra, Tirupati etc.)
As per requirement special advanced training on specific topics will be conducted for group of students / scientists for development of research.
- General circulation, climate and climate variability
- Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
- Numerical Methods and Modelling of Atmospheric and Oceanic processes
- Physical Meteorology,
- Atmosphere-Ocean Interaction
- Tropical Convection
- Observational Techniques
- Computational Methods (mathematical and statistical methods)
M.Tech.(Atmos.Sci) Programme of Pune university :
There exist an MoU between IITM and University of Pune for implementating the M.Tech.(Atmos.Sci.) programme. IITM gives a few scholarships to students who take Projects in IITM during the second year. Recently Pune University management council approved inclusion of IITM name in the M.Tech.result (Mark-List) from the 19th batch of 2007-2008.
About 12 scientists of IITM contribute in the M.Tech. teaching programme of Pune University.
M.Tech.(Atmos.Sci) Programme of Other University : Only for Project work.