Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST), 2006, 99.4%, AIR-42
(*JEST is a preliminary screening test conducted jointly by several premier research institutes for admission in Ph.D. program)
List of publications
19. H.P. Borgaonkar, Naveen Gandhi, Somaru Ram, R. Krishnan (2018) Tree-ring reconstruction of late summer temperatures in northern Sikkim (eastern Himalayas); Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology; 504, 125-135.
18. N. Sinha, Naveen Gandhi, S. Chakraborty, R. Krishnan, M. G. Yadava, R. Ramesh (2018) Abrupt climate change at ~2800 yr BP evidenced by a stalagmite record from the peninsular India; Holocene, DOI: 10.1177/09596836187886
17. Naveen Gandhi and R. Ramesh (2016) Natural Isotopic Composition of Particulate Organic Nitrogen in the Eastern and Central Arabian Sea. Proc Indian Natn Sci Acad 82 (4), 1283-1291.
16. A. A. Fousiya, S. Chakraborty, H. Achyuthan, Naveen Gandhi, Nitesh Sinha, Amey Datye (2016) Stable isotopic investigation of Porites coral from the Minicoy Island. Indian Journal of Geo-Marine Sciences 45 (11), 1465-1470.
15. Rohit Srivastava, R. Ramesh, Naveen Gandhi, R.A. Jani, Ashutosh K. Singh (2015) Monsoon onset signal in the stable oxygen and hydrogen isotope ratios of monsoon vapor, Atmospheric Environment 108, 117-124
14. Amzad H. Laskar, R. Ramesh, J. Burman, M. Midhun, M. G. Yadava, R. A. Jani, Naveen Gandhi (2015) Stable Isotopic Characterization of Nor’westers of Southern Assam, NE India, Journal of Climate Change, 1, DOI:10.3233/JCC-150006, 75-87
13. *Arvind Singh, Naveen Gandhi, R. Ramesh and S. Prakash (2015), Role of cyclonic eddy in enhancing primary and new production in the Bay of Bengal, Journal of Sea Research, 97, 5-13.
12. Amzad H. Laskar, Naveen Gandhi, Kaustubh Thirumalai, Madhusudan G. Yadava, Rengaswamy Ramesh, Ramakant R. Mahajan and Dharmendra Kumar, (2014) Stable carbon isotopes in dissolved inorganic carbon: extraction and implications for quantifying the contributions from silicate and carbonate weathering in the Krishna River system during peak discharge, Isotopes in Environmental & Health Studies, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10256016.2014.878715
11. *Naveen Gandhi, R. Ramesh, S. Prakash, M. S. Sheshshayee, Sharon Noronha, N. Anil Kumar, (2012), Primary and new production in the thermocline ridge region of the southern Indian Ocean during the summer monsoon, Journal of Marine Research, 70, 779-793.
10. *Naveen Gandhi, R. Ramesh, A. H. Laskar, M. S. Sheshshayee, S. Shetye, N. Anilkumar, S.M. Patil, R. Mohan, (2012) Zonal variability in primary production and nitrogen uptake rates in the southwestern Indian Ocean and the Southern Ocean, Deep Sea Research I, 67, 32-43.
9. Arvind Singh, Naveen Gandhi, R. Ramesh, (2012) Contribution of atmospheric nitrogen deposition to new production in the nitrogen limited photic zone of the northern Indian Ocean, Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans, doi:10.1029/2011JC007737.
8. *Naveen Gandhi, A Singh, S. Prakash, R. Ramesh, Mini Raman, M. S. Sheshshayee and Suhas Shetye, (2011) First direct measurements of N2 fixation during Trichodesmium bloom in the eastern Arabian Sea, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 25, GB4014, doi:10.1029/2010GB003970.
7. *Naveen Gandhi, R. Ramesh, S. Prakash, and S. Kumar, (2011) Nitrogen sources for new production in the NE Arabian Sea, Journal of Sea Research, 65, 265-274. doi:10.1016/j.seares.2010.12.002.
6. Naveen Gandhi, Sanjeev Kumar, R. Ramesh and M. S. Sheshshayee, (2011) Measurement of marine productivity using 15N and 13C tracers: some methodological aspects, Journal of Earth System Science, 120 (1), 99-111.
5. Naveen Gandhi, Arvind Singh, R. Ramesh, and M. S. Sheshshayee, (2010) Nitrogen sources for new production in the NE Indian Ocean, Advances in Geosciences 25, 55-67.
4. Naveen Gandhi, (2010) Improving the estimation of new production using the 15N tracer technique: a case study from the northern Indian Ocean, National Academy Science Letters, 33 (11 & 12), 335-339.
3. Naveen Gandhi, S. Prakash, R. Ramesh and S. Kumar, (2010) Nitrogen uptake rates and new production in the Indian Ocean, Indian Journal of Marine Sciences, 39(3), 362-368.
2. Naveen Gandhi, R. Ramesh, R. Srivastava, M.S. Sheshshayee, R.M. Dwivedi, Mini Raman, (2010) Nitrogen uptake rates in the presence of Trichodesmium in the north-eastern Arabian Sea during spring 2006, International Journal of Oceanography, Vol. 2010, Article ID 127493, doi:10.1155/2010/127493.
1. M.G.Yadava,Naveen Gandhi and R.Ramesh, (2007) Estimation of Decomposition Rates of Peat Deposits using Radiocarbon. Indian Journal of Geochemistry, 22(1), 57-64.
Articles in conference proceeding
1. Naveen Gandhi, Arvind Singh, S. Prakash, and R. Ramesh (2011) Variations in the nitrogen isotopic composition of plankton in the Arabian Sea, Fourteenth ISMAS Symposium cum Workshop on mass spectrometry 2011, Munnar, INDIA. pp. 144-146. ISBN: 978-81-904442-4-8
2. Naveen Gandhi and R. Ramesh (2011) Intra-seasonal variations in the new productivity during winter in the Arabian Sea, Fourteenth ISMAS Symposium cum Workshop on mass spectrometry 2011, Munnar, INDIA. pp. 252-254. ISBN: 978-81-904442-4-8.
3. R.Ramesh, A. Singh and Naveen Gandhi (2010) Applications of stable isotopes in Oceanography, NAARRI International Conference (NIC 2010), Powai, Mumbai, India
4. Naveen Gandhi and R. Ramesh (2009) Nitrogen sources for new production in the NE Arabian Sea during spring, Eleventh ISMAS Triennial Conference on mass spectrometry 2009, Hyderabad, INDIA. pp. 261-263. ISBN: 978-81-904442-2-4
5. R.Ramesh, S. Prakash, R. Srivastava, Naveen Gandhi and S. Kumar (2007) Nitrogen Assimilation and f-Ratios in the Indian Ocean,12th ISMAS Symposium cum Workshop on Mass Spectrometry National Institute of Oceanography, Goa, India 2007
Papers Presented in Conferences/workshop
1. Naven Gandhi and H. Borgaonkar (2013), High altitude tree-ring chronology from Malari, glacier, western Himalaya, India and its Climatic implications, 4th PAGES Open Science meeting, 13-16 Feb 2013, Goa, India.
2. Naveen Gandhi, R. Ramesh, S Sardessai and M. S. Sheshshayee (2010), Natural isotopic composition of nitrogen in PON from the surface waters of the Arabian Sea, International Conference on Climate Change & Environment (ICCCE), 24-26 Oct, 2010, Kochi, Kerala, India.
3. Naveen Gandhi and R.Ramesh (2008), N-uptake rates in the north-eastern Arabian Sea during spring-2006, National Space Science Symposium 2008, Radio Astronomy Centre (TIFR), Udhagamandalam (Ooty), India.
4. Naveen Gandhi and R.Ramesh (2008) Input of 'new' nitrogen by Trichodesmium in the Arabian Sea, International symposium on "Effects of Climate Change on the World's Oceans" 2008, Gijon, Spain.
5. Naveen Gandhi and R.Ramesh (2008) The role of Trichodesmium in the biogeochemical cycling of nitrogen in the Arabian Sea, International conference on "Terrestrial Planets: Evolution through Time" 2008, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, India.
6. Naveen Gandhi, Arvind Singh and R. Ramesh (2007) An assessment of the nitrogen supply by aerosols to primary production in the northern Indian Ocean. International Symposium on Aerosol-Chemistry-Climate Interactions 2007, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, India.