50. Subramanian A.C., Balmaseda M.A., Centurioni L., Chattopadhyay R., Cornuelle B.D., DeMott C., Flatau M., Fujii Y., Giglio D., Gille ST, Hamill TM, Hendon H, Hoteit I, Kumar A, Lee J-H, Lucas AJ, Mahadevan A, Matsueda M, Nam S, Paturi S, Penny SG, Rydbeck A, Sun R, Takaya Y, Tandon A, Todd RE, Vitart F, Yuan D and Zhang C., Ocean observations to improve our understanding, modeling, and forecasting of subseasonal-to-seasonal variability, Frontiers in Marine Sciences, 6:427, August 2019, DOI: 10.3389/fmars.2019.00427
49. Sinha N., Chattopadhyay R., Chakraborty S., Bay of Bengal branch of Indian Summer Monsoon and its association with spatial distribution of rainfall patterns over India, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 137, August 2019, DOI:10.1007/s00704-018-2709-9, 1895-1907
48. Mandal R., Joseph S., Sahai A.K., Phani R., Dey A., Chattopadhyay R., Pattanaik D.R., Real time extended range prediction of heat waves over India, Scientific Reports, 9, June 2019, DOI:10.1038/s41598-019-45430-6, 1-11
47. Dey Avijit, Chattopadhyay R., Sahai A.K., Mandal R., Joseph S., Phani R., Abhilash S., Operational tracking method for the MJO using Extended Empirical Orthogonal Functions, Pure and Applied Geophysics, 176, June 2019, DOI:10.1007/s00024-018-2066-8, 2697-2717
46. Pattanaik D.R., Sahai A.K., Mandal R., Muralikrishna R.P., Dey A., Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Tiwari A.D., Mishra V., Evolution of operational extended range forecast system of IMD : Prospects of its applications in different sectors, Mausam, 70, April 2019, 233-264
45. Chattopadhyay R., Thomas A., Phani R., Joseph S., Sahai A.K., Study on the capability of the NCEP-CFS model in simulating the frequency and intensity of high-intensity rainfall events over Indian region in the high and low resolutions, Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, 5, March 2019, DOI:10.1007/s40808-018-0520-3, 85-100
44. Ganesh S.S., Abhilash S., Sahai A.K., Joseph S., Chattopadhyay R., Mandal R., Dey A., Phani R., Genesis and track prediction of pre‑monsoon cyclonic storms over North Indian Ocean in a multi‑model ensemble framework, Natural Hazards, 95, February 2019, DOI:10.1007/s11069-018-3522-6, 823-843
43. Dhar R.B., Chakraborty S., Chattopadhyay R., Sikdar P.K., Impact of land-use/land-cover change on land surface temperature using satellite data: A case study of Rajarhat Block, North 24-Parganas District, West Bengal, Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing, 47, February 2019, DOI:10.1007/s12524-019-00939-1, 331-348
42. Joseph S., Sahai A.K., Phani M.K., Mandal R., Dey Avijit, Chattopadhyay R., Abhilash S., Skill evaluation of extended range forecast of rainfall and temperature over meteorological subdivisions of India, Weather and Forecasting, 34, February 2019, DOI:10.1175/WAF-D-18-0055, 81-101
41. Sinha N., Chakraborty S., Chattopadhyay R., Goswami B.N., Mohan P.M., Parua D.K., Sarma D., Datye A., Sengupta S., Bera S., Baruah K. K., Isotopic investigation of the moisture transport processes over the Bay of Bengal, Journal of Hydrology X, 2, January 2019, DOI:10.1016/j.hydroa.2019.100021, 100021:1-12
40. Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Abhilash S., Mandal R., Dey A., Phani R., Ganesh S., Kaur M., Pattanaik D.R., Sahai A.K., Understanding the intraseasonal variability over Indian region and development of an operational extended range prediction system, Mausam, 70, January 2019, 31-56
39. Abhilash S., Mandal R., Dey A., Phani R., Joseph S., Chattopadhyay R., De S., Agarwal N.K., Sahai A.K., Devi S.S., Rajeevan M., Role of enhanced synoptic activity and its interaction with intraseasonal oscillations on the lower extended range prediction skill during 2015 monsoon season, Climate Dynamics, 51, November 2018, DOI:10.1007/s00382-018-4089-3, 3435–3446
38. Fadnavis S., Roy C., Chattopadhyay R., Sioris C.F., Rap A., Muller R., Ravi Kumar K., Krishnan R., Transport of trace gases via eddy shedding from the Asian summer monsoon anticyclone and associated impacts on ozone heating rates, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 18, August 2018, DOI:10.5194/acp-18-11493-2018, 11493-11506
37. Ganesh S.S., Sahai A.K., Abhilash S., Joseph S., Dey A., Mandal R., Chattopadhyay R., Phani R., New approach to improve the track prediction of Tropical cyclones over North Indian Ocean, Geophysical Research Letters, 45, April 2018, DOI:10.1029/2018GL077650, 1-9
36. Sahai A.K., Sharmila S., Chattopadhyay R., Abhilash S., Joseph S., Borah N., Goswami B.N., Pai D.S., Srivastava A.K., Potential predictability of wet/dry spells transitions during extreme monsoon years: optimism for dynamical extended range prediction, Natural Hazards, 88, September 2017, DOI 10.1007/s11069-017-2895-2, 853-865
35. Fadnavis S., Chattopadhyay R., Linkages of subtropical stratospheric intraseasonal intrusions with Indian summer monsoon deficit rainfall, Journal of Climate, 30, July 2017, DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-16-0463.1, 5083-5096
34. Sahai S., Borah N., Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Abhilash S., Bias‑correction and downscaling technique for operational extended range forecasts based on self organizing map, Climate Dynamics, 48, April 2017, DOI:10.1007/s00382-016-3214-4, 2437-2451
33. Siddharth Kumar, Arora A., Chattopadhyay R., Hazra A., Suryachandra A. Rao, Goswami B.N., Seminal role of stratiform clouds in large‑scale aggregation of tropical rain in boreal summer monsoon intraseasonal oscillations, Climate Dynamics, 48, February 2017, DOI:10.1007/s00382-016-3124-5, 999–1015
32. Arora A., Suryachandra A. Rao, Chattopadhyay R., Goswami T., George G., Sabeerali C.T., Role of Indian Ocean SST variability on the recent global warming hiatus, Global and Planetary Change, 143, August 2016, 21-30
31. Chattopadhyay R., Suryachandra A. Rao, Sabeerali C.T., George G., Rao Nagarjuna D., Dhakate A., Salunke K., Large-scale teleconnection patterns of Indian summer monsoon as revealed by CFSv2 retrospective seasonal forecast runs, International Journal of Climatology, 36, July 2016, DOI:10.1002/joc.4556, 3297–3313
30. Joseph S., Sahai A. K., Chattopadhyay R., Sharmila S., Abhilash S., Rajeevan M., Mandal R., Dey A., Borah N., Phani R., Extremes in June rainfall during Indian summer monsoons of 2013 and 2014: Observational Analysis and Extended range prediction, Quarterly Journal of Royal Meteorological Society, 142, April 2016, DOI:10.1002/qj.2730, 1276-1289
29. Ramu D. A., Sabeerali C. T., Chattopadhyay R., Rao D. N., George G., Dhakate A. R., Salunke K., Srivastava A., Suryachandra A. Rao, Indian summer monsoon rainfall simulation and prediction skill in the CFSv2 coupled model: Impact of atmospheric horizontal resolution, Journal of Geophysical Research, 121, March 2016, DOI:10.1002/2015JD024629, 1-17
28. Chakraborty S., Sinha N., Chattopadhyay R., Sengupta S., Mohan P.M., Datye A., Atmospheric controls on the precipitation isotopes over the Andaman Islands, Bay of Bengal, Scientific Reports, 6:19555, January 2016, DOI:10.1038/srep19555, 1-11
27. Sahai A.K., Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Phani R., Abhilash S., Extended Range Prediction System and its Application, Vayu Mandal, 42, January 2016, 75-96
26. Sahai A.K., Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Mandal R., Dey A., Abhilash A., Krishna R.P.M., Borah N., Real-time performance of a multi-model ensemble based extended range forecast system in predicting the 2014 monsoon season based on NCEP-CFSv2, Current Science, 109, November 2015, 1802-1813
25. Chattopadhyay R., Phani R., Sabeerali C.T., Dhakate A.R., Salunke K.D., Mahapatra S., Suryachandra A. Rao, Goswami B.N., Influence of extratropical sea-surface temperature on the Indian summer monsoon: an unexplored source of seasonal predictability, Quarterly Journal of Royal Meteorological Society, 141, October 2015, DOI:10.1002/qj.2562, 2760-2775
24. Borah N., Sahai A. K., Abhilash S., Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Sharmila S., Kumar A., Assessment of real-time extended range forecast of 2013 Indian summer monsoon, International Journal of Climatology, 35, October 2015, DOI:10.1002/joc.4178, 2860-2876
23. Joseph S., Sahai A.K., Abhilash S., Chattopadhyay R., Borah N., Mapes B.E., Rajeevan M., Kumar A., Development and evaluation of an objective criterion for the Real-Time prediction of Indian Summer Monsoon onset in a coupled model framework, Journal of Climate, 28, August 2015, DOI:10.1175/JCLI-D-14-00842.1, 6234-6248
22. Abhilash S., Sahai A.K., Borah N., Joseph S., Chattopadhyay R., Sharmila S., Rajeevan M., Mapes B.E., Kumar A., Better spread-error relationship in a multimodel ensemble prediction system, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 96, August 2015, 1228-1229
21. Abhilash S., Sahai A.K., Borah N., Joseph S., Chattopadhyay R., Sharmila S., Rajeevan M., Mapes B.E., Kumar A., Improved Spread–Error Relationship and Probabilistic Prediction from the CFS-Based Grand Ensemble Prediction System, Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology, 54, July 2015, DOI:10.1175/JAMC-D-14-0200.1, 1569-1578
20. Sharmila S., Joseph S., Chattopadhyay R., Sahai A.K., Goswami B.N., Asymmetry in space-time characteristics of Indian summer monsoon intraseasonal oscillations during extreme years: Role of seasonal mean states, International Journal of Climatology, 35, June 2015, DOI:10.1002/joc.4100, 1948-1963
19. Sahai A.K., Abhilash S., Chattopadhyay R., Borah N., Joseph S., Sharmila S, Rajeevan M., High-resolution operational monsoon forecasts: an objective assessment, Climate Dynamics, 44, June 2015, DOI:10.1007/s00382-014-2210-9, 3129-3140
18. Joseph S., Sahai A.K., Sharmila S., Abhilash S., Borah N., Chattopadhyay R., Pillai P.A., Rajeevan M., Arun Kumar, North Indian heavy rainfall event during June 2013: diagnostics and extended range prediction, Climate Dynamics, 44, May 2015, DOI:10.1007/s00382-014-2291-5, 2049-2065
17. Sharmila S., Joseph S., Sahai A.K., Abhilash S., Chattopadhyay R., Future projection of Indian summer monsoon variability under climate change scenario: An assessment from CMIP5 climate models, Global and Planetary Change, 124, January 2015, DOI:10.1016/j.gloplacha.2014.11.004, 62–78
16. Sahai A.K., Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Abhilash S., Borah N., Goswami B.N., New method to compute the principal components from self-organizing maps: an application to monsoon intraseasonal oscillations, International Journal of Climatology, 34, July 2014, DOI:10.1002/joc.3885, 2925–2939
15. Abhilash S., Sahai A.K., Borah N., Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Sharmila S., De S., Goswami B.N., Does bias correction in the forecasted SST improve the extended range prediction skill of active-break spells of Indian summer monsoon rainfall?, Atmospheric Science Letters, 15, June 2014, DOI:10.1002/asl2.477, 114–119
14. Abhilash S., Sahai A.K., Borah N., Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Sharmila S., De S., Goswami B.N., Arun Kumar, 2014: Prediction and monitoring of monsoon intraseasonal oscillations over Indian monsoon region in an ensemble prediction system using CFSv2, Clim. Dyn., Published online, January 2014, DOI:10.1007/s00382-013-2045-9, 1-15.
13. Abhilash S., Sahai A.K., Borah N., Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Sharmila S., De S., Goswami B.N(2013). Does bias correction in the forecasted SST improve the extended range prediction skill of active-break spells of Indian summer monsoon rainfall? Atmospheric Science Letters, online, December 2013, DOI:10.1002/asl2.477, 1-6
12. Sahai A.K., Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Borah N., Goswami B.N.(2013), New method to compute the principal components from self-organizing maps: an application to monsoon intraseasonal oscillations. International Journal of Climatology, online, December 2013, DOI:10.1002/joc.3885, 1-15.
11. Borah N., Sahai A.K., Chattopadhyay R., Joseph S., Abhilash S., Goswami B.N. (2013),Self-organizing map-based ensemble forecast system for extended range prediction of active/break cycles of Indian summer monsoon. Journal of Geophysical Research, 118, August 2013, DOI:10.1002/jgrd.50688, 1-13.
10. Sharmila S., Pillai P.A., Joseph Susmitha Roxy M, Krishna R.P.M., Chattopadhyay R., Abhilash S., Sahai A.K, B.N. Goswami.(2013), Role of ocean natmosphere interaction on northward propagation of Indian summer monsoon intra seasonal oscillations. Clim. Dyn. (online).
9. Sahai A.K., Sharmila S., Abhilash S., Chattopadhyay R., Borah N., Krishna R.P.M.,Joseph Susmitha, Roxy M., De S., Pattnaik S., Pillai P.A., (2013), Simulation and Extended range prediction of Monsoon Intraseasonal Oscillations in NCEP CFS/GFS version 2 framework. Current Science, 104, 2013, 1394 -1408.
8. Rajib Chattopadhyay, Sharmila Sur, Susmitha Joseph, A. K. Sahai(2013), Diabatic heating profiles over the continental convergence zone during the monsoon active spells, Climate Dynamics.
7. Chattopadhyay Rajib, Augustin Vintzileos, Chidong Zhang, (2013): A Description of the Madden Julian Oscillation Based on a Self Organizing Map. J. Climate, 26, 17161732.
6. Joseph, S., A. K. Sahai, R. Chattopadhyay, and B. N. Goswami (2011), Can El NiñoSouthern Oscillation (ENSO) events modulate intraseasonal oscillations of Indian summer monsoon?, J. Geophys. Res., 116, D20123, doi:10.1029/ 2010JD015510.
5. Goswami, B. N., J. R. Kulkarni, V. R. Mujumdar, and R. Chattopadhyay (2010), On factors responsible for recent secular trend in the onset phase of monsoon intraseasonal oscillations, Int. J. Climatol., 30, 22402246, doi: 10.1002/joc.2041.
4. Chattopadhyay, R., B. N. Goswami, A. K. Sahai, and K. Fraedrich (2009), Role of stratiform rainfall in modifying the northward propagation of monsoon intraseasonal oscillation, J. Geophys. Res., 114, D19114, doi:10.1029/2009JD011869.
3. Sahai, A. K., R. Chattopadhyay, and B. N. Goswami (2008), A SST based large multi model ensemble forecasting system for Indian summer monsoon rainfall, Geophys. Res. Lett.,35, L19705, doi:10.1029/2008GL035461.
2. Chattopadhyay, R., A. K. Sahai, B. N. Goswami, (2008): Objective Identification of Nonlinear Convectively Coupled Phases of Monsoon Intraseasonal Oscillation: Implications for Prediction. J. Atmos. Sci., 65, 15491569. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/2007JAS2474.1.
1. Mandke, S.K., A.K. Sahai, M.A. Shinde, S. Joseph, and R. Chattopadhyay (2007), Simulated changes in active/break spells during the Indian summer monsoon due to enhanced CO2 concentrations: Assessment from selected coupled atmosphere ocean global climate models, Int. J. Climatol., 27(7), 837859.
1. Monsoon simulation: IMD Monograph (Volume 2, 2011). R. Krishnan, Ayantika Dey Choudhury, Rajib Chattopadhyay and M. Mujumdar .
8. Diabatic heating over the monsoon CTCZ, OCHAMP,21-25 February, 2012, IITM, Pune, India.
7. Alpine Summer School on Monsoon Systems, Valsavarenche, Valle d'Aosta (Italy),8 13 June,2009.
6. A Non Linear Bayesian Analog technique of Climate prediction: An Application to the Prediction of Monsoon Intraseasonal Oscillation. CPASW 2009: March 24 27,2009, Norman, OK,US.
5. The prediction of intra seasonal oscillation: A clue to have pre information of extreme rainfall events: UK India Extreme Weather Events Conference, New Delhi, from 26 to 29 November' 2007.
4. A Non Linear Analog technique of forecasting Monsoon Rainfall in the extended range using the large scale dynamical information and spatial distribution of rainfall. A.K. Sahai, R. Chattopadhyay and B.N. Goswami. Proceedings of "Celebrating the Monsoon Conference", 24th 28th July 2007, IISc, Bangalore, India.
3. A Link between Large Scale Dynamical Indices and the Event to Event variability of Active Break phases of Indian monsoon R. Chattopadhyay, A. K. Sahai and B.N. Goswami. Proceedings of "Celebrating the Monsoon Conference", 24th 28th July 2007, IISc, Bangalore, India.
2. Understanding the multiple degeneracy of the spatial pattern of active and break states of monsoon (2006). R. Chattopadhyay, A.K. Sahai and B.N.Goswami. Poster presented at Tropmet 2006 (IITM, India) and published as conference paper.
1. Morlet Wavelet analysis of tropical convection and propagation of ITCZ. Rajib Chattopadhyay and A.K.Sahai. Conference Proceedings First Prof. Ananthakrishnan Memorial Conference,1