IITM crossed one more milestone and celebrated its 57th Foundation Day on 17th November 2018. Dr. Vijay P. Bhatkar, Chancellor, Nalanda University was the Chief Guest and Dr. Satish R. Shetye, NIO Director (Retd.) & Former Vice Chancellor, Goa University was invited as the Guest of Honour.
On this occasion, various awards were presented to the scientists, students, scientific, technical, administrative support and other staff of the Institute.
- Golden Jubilee Award 2017 was felicitated to Dr. G. Pandithurai and Dr. (Smt.) Thara Prabhakaran along with cash prize, citation and gold medal.
- Dr.Ananthakrishnan Award for the Best Ph.D. thesis for the year 2017 was felicitated to Dr. Sachin Patade for his thesis entitled "New Parameterization for Ice Nucleation in Indian Monsoon Clouds based on CAIPEEX Observation", guided by Dr.(Smt.) Thara P., IITM and Dr. Kumar P.P., Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- The Annual Silver Jubilee Award for the best research paper published in peer reviewed journal for the year 2017 was presented to Preethi B., Mujumdar M., Kripalani R.H., Prabhu A., Krishnan R. for their research paper entitled "Recent trends and tele-connections among South and East Asian summer monsoons in a warming environment" published in Climate Dynamics, Vol.48, April 2017, DOI:10.1007/s00382-016-3218-0, 2489-2505.
- The Best Student Research Paper Award for 2017 was presented to Dr.(Smt.) Gayatri K. and Mr.Ustav Bhowmik for their papers entitled "Aerosol-Cloud interaction in deep convective clouds over the Indian Peninsula using spectral (bin) microphysics" published in Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 74, October 2017, 9, DOI:10.1175/JAS-D-17-0034.1, 3145-3166 by Gayatri K. et.al. and “Statistical characteristics of convective clouds over the Western Ghats derived from weather radar observations” published in Journal of Geophysical Research, 122, September 2017, DOI:10.1002/2016JD026183, 1-27 by Bhowmik Ustav et.al. respectively.
- IITM Junior Research Fellow best student award was given to Nimya S.S. (1st position), Lekshmi Mudra (2nd position).
- Shri R.S.K. Singh, Smt. Bhavna Naik, Shri Raju Dhanak and Shri I.R. Mehetre got the Excellent Performance Award for the year 2017 for the Scientific, Administrative, Support and Multi-Tasking Staff category respectively.
Click here for cultural programs photo gallery