IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium
International Journal of Climatology
Journal of Applied Remote Sensing
Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences
Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmosphere
Theoretical and Applied Climatology
32. Rapid Drying of Northeast India in the Last Three decades: Climate Change or Natural Variability ? . B. Abida Choudhury, Subodh K. Saha, Mahen Konwar , K. Sujith and Atri Deshmukhya,(2019) Journal of Geophysical Research:Atmospheres,124, 227–237. https://doi.org/10.1029/2018JD029625
31. WRF model sensitivity to choice of PBL and microphysics parameterization for an advection fog event at Barkachha, rural site in the Indo-Gangetic basin, India, Prakash Pithani, Sachin D. Ghude, Thara Prabhakaran, Anand Karipot, Anupam Hazra, Rachana Kulkarni, Subharthi Chowdhuri, E. A. Resmi, Mahen Konwar, P. Murugavel, P. D. Safai, D. M. Chate, Y. Tiwari, R. K. Jenamani and M. Rajeevan, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00704-018-2530-5.
30. Thermodynamics and Microphysics Relation During CAIPEEX-I , Bera S., Prabha T.V., Malap N., Patade S., Konwar M., Murugavel P., Axisa D. , Pure and Applied Geophysics, online, July 2018, DOI:10.1007/s00024-018-1942-6, 1-18 .
29. Quantification of observed electrical effect on raindrop size distribution in tropical clouds, Dipjyoti Mudiar, S.D.Pawar, Anupam Hazra, Mahen Konwar, V. Gopalakrishnan, M.K. Srivastava and B.N.Goswami, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1029/2017JD028205.
28. Characterization of hydrometeors and precipitation over the Indian monsoon region using aircraft measurements, RS Maheskumar, B Padmakumari, Mahen Konwar, SB Morwal, CG Deshpande, Atmospheric Research, 205, DOI:10.1016/j.atmosres.2018.02.012, 147-154,2018.
27. Contrast in Monsoon Precipitation over Oceanic region of North Bay of Bengal and East Equatorial Indian Ocean, Samir Pokhrel, Anupam Hazra, Subodh Kumar Saha, Hemantkumar S. Chaudhari,Abirlal Metya, Sachin D. Ghude and Mahen Konwar, International Journal of Climatology, 2018,DOI: 10.1002/joc.5433.
26. Simultaneous observation of a glory and in-situ microphysical cloud properties, Mahen Konwar, Philip Laven and T. V. Prabha, Applied Optics, Vol. 56, No. 19/ July 1, 2017 https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.56.0000G5.
25. Winter Fog Experiment (WIFEX) over Indo-Gangetic Region of India: overview and preliminary results, S. D. Ghude, G. S. Bhat, Thara Prabhakaran, R. K. Jenamani, D. Chate, P. D. Safai, A. K. Karipot, M. Konwar, Prakash Pithani, V. Sinha, P.S.P. Rao, S.A. Dixit, S. Tiwari, K. Todekar, S. Varpe, A. K. Srivastava, D. S. Bisht, P. Murugavel, Kaushar Ali, Usha Mina, M. Dharua, J. Rao, B. Padmakumari, A. Hazra, N. Nigam, U. Shende, B.P. Chandra,A. K. Mishra, A. Kumar, H. Hakkim, H. Pawar, P. Acharga, Rachana Kulkarni, C. Subharthi, Balaji B., M. Varghese, S. Bera, M. Rajeevan, Current Science, February 2017, 112 (04) , DjVu.
24. Raindrop size distribution of different cloud types over the Western Ghats using simultaneous measurements from Micro-Rain Radar and Disdrometer, S. K. Das, M. Konwar, K. Chakravarty and S. M. Deshpande, Atmospheric Research, 2016, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosres.2016.11.003.
23. Mesoscale kinematics derived from X-band Doppler radar observations of convective versus stratiform precipitation and comparison with GPS radiosonde profiles, S. Deshpande,N. Dhangar , S. K. Das , M. C. R. Kalapureddy , K. Chakravarty , S. M. Sonbawne , M. Konwar, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, DOI:10.1002/2014JD022595, 2015.
22. Temporal and structural evolution of a tropical monsoon cloud system: A case study using X-band Radar, S. K. Das, S. M. Deshpande, S. S. Das, M. Konwar, K. Chakravarty and M. C. R. Kallapureddy, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, doi:10.1016/j.jastp.2015.08.009, 2015.
21. Near cloud aerosols in monsoon environment and its impact on radiative forcing, M. Konwar, AS Panicker, D. Axisa and T. V. Prabha, Journal of Geophysical Research- Atmosphere, DOI: 10.1002/2014JD022420, 2015.
20. Observations of Black carbon Induced Semi direct effect over Northeast India, AS Panicker, G Pandithurai, PD Safai, S Dipu, TV Prabha, M Konwar, Atmospheric Environment, doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2014.09.034, 2014.
19. Microphysics of clouds and rain over the Western Ghat,, M. Konwar, S. K. Das, S. M. Deshpande, K. Chakravarty and B. N. Goswami, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, DOI: 10.1002/2014JD021606, 2014.
18. CloudSat-Calip characterizations of cloud during the active and break periods of Indian Summer Monsoon, S. K. Das, K. N. Uma,M. Konwar , P. E. Raj, S. M. Deshpande and K. M. C. Kalapureddy, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, 97, DOI:10.1016/j.jastp.2013.02.016, 106-114,2013.
17. Nature of light rain during presence and absence of bright band, M. Konwar, RS Maheshkumar, S. K. Das and S. B. Morwal, J. Earth Syst. Sci., 121, No. 4, pp. 947–961, 2012.
16. Aircraft observations of elevated pollution layers near the foothills of the Himalayas during CAIPEEX-2009, Padmakumari B., Maheskumar R.S., Morwal S.B., Harikishan G., Konwar M., Kulkarni J.R., Goswami B.N., Quarterly Journal of Royal Meteorological Society, DOI:10.1002/qj.1989, 1-14, 2012.
15. Aerosol control on depth of warm rain in convective clouds, M. Konwar, RS Maheshkumar, Jeevanprakash Ramchandra Kulkarni, Eyal Freud, B. N. Goswami, Daniel Rosenfeld, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, doi:10.1029/2012JD017585, 2012.
14. Dynamics of east-west asymmetry of Indian summer monsoon rainfall trends in recent decades, M. Konwar, Anant Parekh, and B. N. Goswami, Geophysical Research Letters, 39, L10708, doi:10.1029/2012GL052018, 2012.
13. Scale interactions near the foothills of Himalayas during CAIPEEX, Thara V. Prabha, Anandakumar Karipot, D. Axisa, B. Padma Kumari, R. S. Maheskumar, M. Konwar, J. R. Kulkarni, and B. N. Goswami, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmosphere, 117, D10203, doi:10.1029/2011JD016754, 2012.
12. The Cloud Aerosol Interaction and Precipitation Enhancement Experiment (CAIPEEX): overview and preliminary results, J. R. Kulkarni, R. S. Maheskumar, S. B. Morwal, B. Padma Kumari, M. Konwar, C. G. Deshpande, R. R. Joshi, R. V. Bhalwankar, G. Pandithurai, P. D. Safai, S. G. Narkhedkar, K. K. Dani, A. Nath, Sathy Nair, V. V. Sapre, P. V. Puranik, S. S. Kandalgaonkar, V. R. Mujumdar, R. M. Khaladkar, R. Vijayakumar, T. V. Prabha and B. N. Goswami, Current Science, 102, NO. 3, 10, 2012.
11. Microphysics of Premonsoon and Monsoon Clouds as Seen from In Situ Measurements during the Cloud Aerosol Interaction and Precipitation Enhancement Experiment (CAIPEEX), T. V. Prabha, A. Khain, R. S. Maheshkumar, G. Pandithurai, J. R. Kulkarni, M. Konwar and B. N. Goswami, Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, Vol 68, pp 1882-1901, DOI:10.1175/2011JAS3707.1, 2011.
10. Vertical variation of low-frequency oscillations in UHF radar derived winds at a tropical Indian station, Sachin M. Deshpande, P. Ernest Raj, and M. Konwar, Journal of Geophysical Research- Atmosphere, VOL. 116, D24125, doi:10.1029/2011JD016226, 2011.
9. Suppression of warm rain by aerosols in rain-shadow areas of India, M. Konwar, R. S. Maheskumar, J. R. Kulkarni, E. Freud, B. N. Goswami, and D. Rosenfeld, Atmos. Chem. Phys. Discuss., 10, 17009-17027, 2010,doi:10.5194/acpd-10-17009, 2010 (non peer review publication).
8. Nowcasting of Yes/No rain situations at a station using soft computing technique to the radar imagery, Devajyoti Dutta, Diganta Kumar Sarma,M. Konwar, Sanjay Sharma, G. Viswanathan, R. M. Gairola, J Das, B A M Kannan & S Venkateswaralu, Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics, Vol. 39, pp 92-102, 2010.
7. Characteristics of Rain Integral Parameters during Tropical Convective, Transition, and Stratiform Rain at Gadanki and Its Application in Rain Retrieval, Sanjay Sharma, M. Konwar, Diganta Kumar Sarma, MCR Kalapureddy and A. R. Jain, Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology, Vol 48, DOI:10.1175/2008JAMC1948.1, 2009.
6. Estimation of rain parameters from spectral moments of L-band wind profiler using Multi-Layer Perceptron Network model, M. Konwar, Diganta Kumar Sarma, Sanjay Sharma, Utpal Kumar De, Srimanta Pal & Jyotirmoy Das, Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics, Vol. 37, pp.341-352, 2008.
5. An Artificial-Neural-Network-Based Integrated Regional Model for Rain Retrieval Over Land and Ocean, Diganta Kumar Sarma,M. Konwar, Sanjay Sharma, Srimanta Pal, Jyotirmoy Das, Utpal Kumar De, and G. Viswanathan, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, VOL. 46, NO. 6, 2008.
4. Retrieval of raindrop size distributions from the L-band and VHF wind profilers during convective and stratiform rain, Sanjay Sharma, Diganta Kumar Sarma,M. Konwar, J Das and A R Jain, Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics, Vol. 37, pp. 185-196, 2008.
3. Shape of the rain drop size distributions and classification of rain type at Gadanki, M. Konwar, Diganta Kumar Sarma, Jyotirmoy Das and Sanjay Sharma, Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics, Vol. 35, pp. 360-367, 2006.
2. Characteristics of brightness temperature with respect to rain rate over ocean and land and its implication on rain rate retrieval, Diganta Kumar Sarma,M. Konwar, Sanjay Sharma, Jyotirmoy Das and Srimanta Pal, Indian Journal of Radio Space Physics, Vol. 35, pp. 259-269, 2006.
1. A Soft Computing Approach for Rainfall Retrieval From the TRMM Microwave Imager, Diganta Kumar Sarma, M. Konwar, Jyotirmoy Das, Srimanta Pal, and Sanjay Sharma, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, VOL. 43, NO. 12, 2005.
Proceedings, Books, Research Reports
1. Study pf precipitating systems by Doppler Weather Radar and tropical rainfall measuring mission precipitation radar, S. Sharma, G. Viswanathan, R. Rao, D. K. Sarma, M. Konwar, URSI 2005.
2. Contrasting polluted and pristine cloud microphysical properties over the Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal
M. Konwar, RS Maheshkumar, JR Kulkarni, B Padmakumari, SB Morwal, CG Deshpande, D Axisa, R Burger, S Piketh, D Rosenfeld, BN Goswami, Opportunities and Challenges in Monsoon Prediction in a Changing Climate, IITM, Pune, India, 2012.
3. Optical and physical properties of tropospheric clouds over Indian summer monsoon region using CALIPSO, S. K. Das, M Konwar, P Ernest Raj, SM Deshpande, MCR Kalapureddy, Opportunities and Challenges in Monsoon Prediction in a Changing Climate,IITM, Pune, India, 2012.
4. Relationship between effective cloud droplet radius, droplet concentration and Liquid Water Content during CAIPEEX-2009. SB Morwal, B Padma Kumari, RS Maheskumar, Mahen Konwar, JR Kulkarni, BN Goswami, Opportunities and Challenges in Monsoon Prediction in a Changing Climate, IITM, Pune, India, 2012.
5. Wavelet analysis of long term rainfall data over India, Subrata Kumar Das, Mahen Konwar, 39th COSPAR Scientific Assembly, 2012.
6.The interplay between small and large CCN: Impacts on convective cloud microstructure as observed in CAIPEEX, M Konwar, J Kulkarni, R Maheskumar, B Goswami, D Rosenfeld, AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts, 2009
7.Insights to the topographic and aerosol roles in the heavy rainfall at the Western Ghats and the scarce rainfall farther east at the rain shadow as observed in CAIPEEX, R Maheskumar, JR Kulkarni, M Konwar, D Rosenfeld, B Goswami, AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts 2009.
8.Control of aerosols on convective precipitation forming processes revealed by CAIPEEX over India and the adjacent seas,D Rosenfeld, J Kulkarni, RS Maheskumar, M Konwar, B N. Goswami, AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts, 2009.
9. Physical basis of Physical basis for Cloud droplet spectral broadening in the downdraft zones,M. Konwar, B. Kumar, S. Bera and T. V. Prabha, International Conference on Clouds & Precipitations, Manchester, UK, 2016 (poster presented by B. Kumar).
10.Aerosol cloud interaction in the West coast of India and Arabian sea during the drought year of 2015, T. V. Prabha, M. Varghese, G. Kulkarni, M. Konwar and co-authors, International Conference on Clouds & Precipitations, Manchester, UK, 2016 (poster presented by T.V. Prabha).
11.Convective invigoration in Indian monsoon-a possibility, T. V. Prabha, G. Kulkarni, S. Patade, N. Malap, M. Konwar and co-authors International Conference on Clouds & Precipitations, Manchester, UK, 2016 (poster presented by T.V. Prabha).