National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), Gadanki-AP
Life time Member Indian Meteorological Society (IMS).
Reviewed research articles for
Journal of Atmospheric and Solar- terrestrial Physics
16. Annual Monsoon Workshop - 2016 organized by IMSP at IITM Pune on 13th March 2017.
15. Annual Monsoon Workshop - 2015 and National Symposium on Understanding and Forecasting the Monsoon Extremes organized by IMSP at IITM Pune on 23-24th February 2016.
14. Annual Workshop on Monsoon-2014 and National Symposium on Vagaries of Monsoon held at IITM Pune from 2-3 March 2015.
13. International Tropical Meteorology Symposium (INTROMET – 2014) held at SRM University Chennai , India (Paper presented and received second best paper award).
12. Short Course on ‘Cloud Physics Instrumentation' by Alexei Korolev Research Scientist, Cloud Physics and Severe Weather Research Section Environment- Canada held at IITM –Pune from 19-28 November 2013.
11. Short Course on 'Cloud Physics and Dynamics’ by Prof. Wojciech W. Grabowski ,Senior Scientist , NCAR-USA held at IITM –Pune from 8-15 November 2013.
10. CAIPEEX Science meeting2013 held at IITM Pune from 17-18 October 2013. (Oral Presentation)
9. Interactive lectures conducted at IITM by Prof. Dr. Alfred Wiedensohler, Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research (TROPOS), Germany, on aerosol physics, instrumentation, and sampling from 5-12 Jan 2013.
8. Annual Monsoon 2012-Workshop conducted by Indian Meteorological Society Pune chapter (IMSP) at IITM Pune from 19-20 February 2013.
7. Coursework (Advanced Training programme) conducted by IITM from August 2012- June 2013.
6. 13th Workshop on Technical and Scientific Aspects of MST Radar (MST 13)
5. National Space Science Symposium (NSSS-2012) held at Tirupathi, during February 14-17, 2012. (Paper presented and received best paper award).
4. TROPMET-2011 held at Hyderabad, during 14-16 December 2011. (Paper presented and received best paper award).
3. Andra Pradesh Science Congress 2011 held at GITAM University ,Vizag during November 2011
2. National Workshop on Results on Solar eclipse (NaWRoSE-2011) held at SPL, Trivandrum during January 2011.
1. Workshop on Science and Technology Initiatives in Atmospheric Science for Engineering staffs held at NARL, Gadanki during November 2010.
7. Participated in monsoon campaign conducted at High Altitude Cloud Physics Laboratory (HACPL) during 2015.
6. Participated in met brief conducted during Cloud Aerosol Interaction And Precipitation Enhancement Experiment (CAIPEEX) 2015 Aircraft campaign at Kolhapur during July 2015
5. Participated in CAIPEEX ground observation campaign and radiosonde launching at Barkachha, Varanasi in 2014 (Part of CAIPEEX Phase III Ganga Basin Experiment ).
4. Participated in CAWSES(Climate and Weather of Sun-Earth System) India Phase 11 Programme /Campaign conducted at NARL Gadanki from December 2010- May 2012.
3. Participated in launching and monitoring GPS Radiosonde at 12 GMT from Gadanki station during 2009-2012.
2. Participated in operating MST radar and analyzing MST radar data from 2009-2012.
1. Participated in Solar Eclipse campaign conducted at NARL Gadanki from 13-17 January 2010.
13. P.P.Leena., V.Anil kumar., N.Sravanthi., R.Patil., K. Chakravarty., S.K. Saha and G.Pandithurai.,2018. On the precipitation susceptibility of monsoon clouds to aerosols using high altitude ground-based observations over Western Ghats, India.Atmospheric Environment. 185, DOI:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2018.05.001, 1-9
12. P.P.Leena, K.Vijayakumar, V.Anilkumar, and G.Pandithurai.,2017. Analysing temporal variability of particulate matter and possible contributing factors over Mahabaleshwar, a high-altitude station in Western Ghats, India. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics. 164 (2017) 105–115 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jastp.2017.08.013
11. P.P.Leena, V.Anil Kumar, K.K. Dani, S.M.Sombawne, P.Murugavel ., G. Pandithurai., 2017. Evidence of new particle formation during post monsoon season over a high altitude site of the Western Ghats, India, Journal of Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry ., VOL. 99, NO. 4, 652–664 DOI:10.1080/02772248.2016.1274031.
10. P.P.Leena, S.Sakharam, V.Anilkumar, S.K.Das ., G.Pandithurai.,2016. Characteristics of pre-monsoon convective activity over two contrasting environments from microwave radiometer data – A case study, Journal of Indian Geophysical Union, v.20, no.6, pp: 575-585.
9. V. Anil Kumar, G. Pandithurai, P. P. Leena, K. K. Dani, P. Murugavel, S. M. Sonbawne, R.D. Patil ., R.S. Maheskumar., 2016.Investigation of aerosol indirect effects on monsoon clouds using ground-based measurements over a high-altitude site in Western Ghats, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics., 16, 8423–8430
8. M Pramitha., Venkat Ratnam., P.P Leena., B.V. Krishnamurthy., S. Vijayabhaskara RaoIdentification of Inertia Gravity Wave sources observed in the troposphere and the lower stratosphere over a tropical station Gadanki. Atmospheric Research 176-177, pp 202–211
7. P.P. Leena., M. Venkat Ratnam., B.V. Krishna Murthy., S.Vijaya Bhaskara Rao.,2016.Variability of Madden Julian Oscillations (MJO) observed over southern India using radiosonde observations, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics,142 pp 25–34
6. P. P. Leena., G. Pandithurai., V. Anilkumar., P. Murugavel.,S. M. Sonbawne., K. K. Dani. 2015. Seasonal variability in aerosol, CCN and their relationship observed at a high altitude site in Western Ghats, Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics,DOI 10.1007/s00703-015-0406-0
5. S. G. Narkhedkar, S. P. Ghanekar, Asha Nath, P. P. Leena, M. D. Chipade, S. D. Bansod, K. K. Dani , Sunil Sonbawane.2015. Variations in Atmospheric Structure and Wave Activity in Changing Monsoon Conditions over Mahabubnagar, as observed during Caipeex-2011, Journal of Indian Geophysical Union
4. P.P.Leena.,K. K. Dani , Asha Nath , S. D. Sanap , G. Pandithurai ,V.Anil Kumar., 2015.Validation of ground based microwave radiometer and its application in verifying atmospheric stability over Mahbubnagar during 2011 monsoon and post-monsoon season, International Journal of Remote Sensing 36, 2920–2933
3. P.P. Leena., M. Venkat Ratnam., B.V. Krishna Murthy., Inertia gravity wave characteristics and associated fluxes observed using five years of radiosonde measurements over a tropical station. 2012. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, 37–44
2. P.P. Leena., M. Venkat Ratnam.,B.V.Krishna Murthy.,S.Vijaya Bhaskara Rao., Detection of high frequency gravity waves using high resolution radiosondeobservations.,Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, 2012, 254-259.
1. Venkat Ratnam, M., Eswaraiah, S., Leena, P. P., Patra, A. K., Krishna Murthy, B.V., Vijaya Bhaskara Rao, S., 2012. Effect of the annular solar eclipse of 15 January 2010 on the low latitude mesosphere .Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics 80,340–346
12. K. Vijayakumar., P.C.S.Devara., P.P.Leena., S.Vijaya Bhaskara Rao., C.K. Jayasankar.2017. Latitude Variation of Aerosol and Cloud Optical Depth Trends Based on Satellite and Model Simulations Data. Proceeding, Indian Science Congress. (Section: Earth System Sciences).
11. P.P.Leena., K.Vijayakumar., V.Anil kumar., G.Pandithurai.2016. Analysing temporal variability of particulate matter and role of pollutants over Mahabaleshwar, A high altitude site in Western Ghats, India. Proceeding, IASTA Bulletin, Vol 22,pp 105-108.
10. G.Pandithurai, V. Anil kumar ., K.K. Dani., P.P.Leena., P.Murugavel., R.S. Maheshkumar., S.M. Sombawne., S.K. Saha., R.D. Pail.2016. Aerosol-clod interaction as observed from a high altitude site in Western Ghats. Proceeding,
9. G.Pandithurai., P.P.Leena., Anil Kumar.V., Sravanthi, N., 2016. Precipitation susceptibility estimates over Indian region using ground and satellite remote sensing systems. Part of Proceedings, SPIE Asia-Pacific Remote Sensing, (9882-83, Session PThM2, Remote Sensing and Modeling of the Atmosphere Oceans, and Interactions VI)
8. P.P.Leena., S. Sakharam., V.Anilkumar.,S.K.Das.,G. Pandithurai. 2016. Analyzing thermodynamic state of atmosphere over two contrasting environment during severe convective events using ground based microwave radiometer.Proceeding, National Space Science Symposium 2016(Abstract IDPS-1-NSSS-2016-622).
7. M. Pramitha., M. VenkatRatnam., P.P. Leena., AlokTaori., D. Pallam Raju., B. V. Krishna Murthy., S. VijayaBhaskara Rao. 2016. Identification of Gravity wave Sources over Tropical Latitudes Using Reverse Ray Tracing technique. Proceeding, National Space Science Symposium 2016 (Abstract IDPS-2-NSSS-2016-616).
6. P.P.Leena., G. Pandithurai., K.K.Dani., P.Murugavel., R.D.Ruchith., S.Sakharam., Thara V. Prabha.,Premonsoon thunderstorm triggered over Pune: inferences from observations and mesoscale model,2014, PP 115-118., Proceedings., International Tropical Meteorology Symposium (INTROMET – 2014)
5. P.P. Leena, M. Venkat Ratnam, S. V. Sunilkumar, K. Parameswaran, B. V. Krishna Murthy, S. Gurubaran.,Tidal characteristics observed in the middle atmosphere using high temporal resolution radiosonde and MF Radar observations, 2014,Proceedings., XVIII National Space Science Symposium (NSSS– 2014)
4. P.P.Leena , M. Venkat Ratnam, B. V. Krishna Murthy , S.Vijaya Bhaskara Rao., Vertical and Spatial Variability of Madden Julian Oscillations Observed Using High Resolution Radiosonde, 2014,Proceedings., XVIII National Space Science Symposium (NSSS– 2014)
3. P.P.Leena, G.Pandithurai, V. Anil Kumar, P.Murugavel, K.K.Dani. Seasonal Variability in Aerosol, CCN and Their Relationship over a High Altitude Site in Western Ghats using Ground-based Observations, 2014. Proceeding, IASTA Bulletin , Vol 21,pp 75-77.
2. S.G.Narkhedkar, S.P.Ghanekar, Asha Nath, P.P.Leena, K.K.Dani, M.D.Chipade, Sunil Sombawane. Variation in the atmospheric structure as observed during second halfperiod of monsoon 2011 based on CAIPEEX data, 2014. Proceeding, Indian Geophysical Union, 51st Annual Convention on Earth Sciences and Society, pp 26-30.
1. P.P.Leena., Venkat Ratnam, M., Krishna Murthy, B.V. A method to extract high frequency gravity waves from radiosonde observations over a tropical station.2012.Proceeding,National Space Science Symposium (NSSS-2012).