Dept. of Meteorology & Oceanography, Andhra University
1. Attended the SERC School on Aviation meteorology with special reference to atmospheric obscurity and the planetary boundary layer at Air force Administrative College, Coimbatore during the December 3 to 22 December 2007.
2. I have attended the HPC Training, IITM, India during March 16 to 18 2012.
3. Attended a Training Program on Climate Variability and seasonal prediction, APCC, Busan South Korea, in November 19 to 30 2012
4. Attended “ICTP-ESSO-IITM-WMO TTA activity”, at IITM, India, February 9-20 2015.
1. Diversity in the representation of large-scale circulation associated with ENSO-Indian summer monsoon teleconnections in current coupled models. Presented at 16th Annual Meeting of the Asia Oceania Geosciences Society-2019 (AOGS-2019), SUNTEC, Singapore, 28 July to 2 August 2019.
2. Seasonal prediction skill of ISMR in MM-CFSv2 and NMME models. Presented at TROPMET-2018 jointly organized by IMS Varanasi chapter and Dept. of Geophysics, Banaras Hindu University held at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India, 23-27 October 2018.
3. Prediction of seasonal summer monsoon rainfall over homogenous regions of India using dynamical prediction system. Presented in the National symposium on Impact of Climate Change-on Extreme Weather Events and Indian Ocean-(EWEIO-2017), Andhra University India, 27-29 November 2017.
1. Attended one day “Annual Monsoon-2017 Workshop" (AMW-2017) on discuss various aspects of “Southwest and Northeast Monsoons 2017” at IITM, India, 27 March 2018.
2. Participated the “Annual Monsoon-2016 Workshop” at IITM, India, 15 March 2017.
3. Annual Monsoon-2015 & national Symposium on “Understanding and forecasting the monsoon extremes at IITM, India, 23-24 February 2016.
4. Attended the Annual Workshop on Monsoon -2014 and National Symposium On Vagaries of Monsoon at IITM, India, 02-03 March, 2015.
5. Annual Monsoon-2012 workshop at IITM, India, 19-20 February, 2013.
6. Attended National Workshop on Monsoon-2013 at IITM, India 26 March 2014.
7. Attended the International Conference on Opportunities and Changes in Monsoon Prediction in Changing Climate (OCHAMP) at IITM, India, 21-25 February 2012.
8. Attended to International Conference Validation of UKMO monsoon rainfall forecast with gridded rainfall over India in NCMRWF, NOIDA, India, 9-12 December 2008.
9. Attended International workshop on weather modification technologies and Symposium on Natural Disaster management at JNTU, Hyderabad, India, 27-29 June 2008.
I have coordinate monsoon mission as monsoon mission directorate from Oct 2014 to Dec, 2017.
20. Prasanth A Pillai, Dandi. A.Ramu and Ravikumar C Nair: Recent changes in the major modes of Asian summer monsoon rainfall: influence of ENSO-IOD relationship (Theor Appl Climatol, 2021, IF: 2.433)
19. Saikrishna T.S., Ramu D.A., Osuri K.K., Inter-comparison of high-resolution satellite precipitation products over India during the summer monsoon season, Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 133, December 2021, DOI:10.1007/s00703-021-00829-7, 1675-1690
18. Pillai P.A., Rao Suryachandra A., Srivastava Ankur, Dandi R.A., Pradhan M., Das Renu S., Impact of the tropical Pacific SST biases on the simulation and prediction of Indian summer monsoon rainfall in CFSv2, ECMWF-System4, and NMME models, Climate Dynamics, 56, March 2021, DOI:10.1007/s00382-020-05555-1, 1699-1715
17. K. B. R. R. Hari Prasad , Dandi A. Ramu , Suryachandra A. Rao , Saji N. Hameed , Dhrubajyoti Samanta , and Ankur Srivastava: Reducing Systematic Biases Over the Indian Region in CFS V2 by Dynamical Downscaling (Earth and Space Science, 2021, IF:2.90)
16. Dandi A. Ramu, Prasanth A. Pillai, Jasti S. Chowdary, D. Srinivas, G.Srinivas, K. Koteswara Rao and M. M. Nageswararao: Inter-annual variability and skill of tropical rainfall and SST in APCC seasonal forecast models (Climate dynamics, 2021, IF:3.80)
15. K. Koteswara Rao, T.V. Lakshmi Kumar, Ashwini Kulkarni , Chang‑Hoi Ho , B. Mahendranath , Srinivas Desamsetti , Savita Patwardhan , A. Ramu Dandi, Humberto Barbosa & Sudhir Sabade: Projections of heat stress and associated work performance over India in response to global warming (Scientific reports, 2020, IF: 5.28)
14. Hari Prasad, KBRR, Sreenivas Pentakota, A. Suryachandra Rao, Gibies George, Kiran Salunke, R. Phani., Dandi. A. Ramu and D. Nagarjuna Rao: Impact of horizontal resolution on sea surface temperature bias and air–sea interactions over the tropical Indian Ocean in CFSv2 coupled model (IF: 3.61; IJOC, 2020)
13. Rao et al 2019: MONSOON MISSION: A targeted activity to improve monsoon 2 prediction across scales (BAMS,2019)
12. R. Phani Murali Krishna; Suryachandra Rao Anguluri; Ankur Srivastava; Hari Prasad Kottu; Maheswar Pradhan; Prasanth Pillai; Dandi A Ramu; C. T. Sabeerali: Impact of convective parameterization on the seasonal prediction skill of Indian summer monsoon (Climate dynamics,2019).
11. K. Prasanna, Prem Singh, J. S. Chowdary, C.V. Naidu, Anant Parekh, C. Gnanaseelan and Dandi A. Ramu: Northeast Monsoon Rainfall variability over the southern Peninsular India associated with Multiyear La Niña Events (Climate Dynamics,2019)
10. G. Srinivas, J. S. Chowdary, C. Gnanaseelan, Anant Parekh, Dandi A Ramu and K.V.S.R. Prasad: Impact of differences in the decaying phase of El Niño on South and East Asia summer monsoon in CMIP5 models (IJOC, IF: 3.157)
9. Raj Deepak S. N, J. S. Chowdary, Dandi A Ramu, G. Srinivas, Anant Parekh, C. Gnanaseelan and R. K. Yadav: Impact of Multiyear La Niña Events on South and East Asian Summer Monsoon Rainfall in Observations and CMIP5 Models (Climate Dynamics DOI: 10.1007/s00382-018-4561-0). (IF: 3.8, 2018).
8. Dandi A Ramu, Chowdary, J. S, S. S.V.S. Ramakrishna, and O.S.R.U Bhanukumar (2017): Diversity in the representation of large-scale circulation associated with ENSO-Indian summer monsoon teleconnections in CMIP5 models (Theor Appl Climatol DOI 10.1007/s00704-017-2092-y). (IF: 2.433).
7. Dandi A. Ramu, Suryachadra A. Rao, Prasanth A. Pillai, M Pradhan, G George, D Nagarguna Rao, S Mahapatra, D. S. Pai, Rajeevan M (2017): Prediction of homogenous summer monsoon rainfall over India using dynamical prediction system (Journal of Hydrology, 546, DOI:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2017.01.010, 103–112. (IF: 3.043).
6. Prasanth A. Pillai, Suryachandra A. Rao, Dandi. A Ramu, Maheswar Pradhan and Gibies George: Inter comparison of seasonal prediction skill of Indian summer monsoon rainfall from NMME project models and Monsoon Mission CFSv2 hindcasts (IF: 3.61; IJOC, 2017).
5. Dandi A Ramu, C.T. Sabeerali, Rajib Chattopadhyay, D.N. Rao, G. George, A.R Dhakate, K. Salunke, A. Srivastava, suryachandra A Rao (2016): Indian Summer Monsoon Rainfall Simulation and Prediction Skill in the CFSv2 Coupled Model: Impact of Atmospheric Horizontal Resolution.(Journal of Geophysical Research atmospheres, DOI: 10.1002/2015JD024629.). (IF: 3.42).
4. Maheswar Pradhan, Ramesh Kumar Yadav, D. A. Ramu, Ankur Srivastava, M. K. Phani (2016): Shift in MONSOON–SST teleconnections in the tropical Indian Ocean and ENSEMBLES climate models fidelity in its simulation (International Journal of Climatology; DOI:10.1002/joc.4841, 1-15). (IF: 3.157).
3.D Nagarjuna Rao, Gibies George, C. T Sabeerali, Dandi. A. Ramu and Suryachandra A Rao (2015): Changing Relationship between Tropical Easterly Jet and The Indian Summer monsoon rainfall: Role of Indian Ocean Warming (Indian Journal of Geo-Marine Sciences, 44(11):1678-1683). (IF: 0.17).
2. C. T. Sabeerali, A. Ramu Dandi, Ashish Dhakate, Kiran Salunke, Mahapatra Somnath, Suryachandra A. Rao (2013): Simulation of boreal summer intraseasonal oscillations in the latest CMIP5 coupled GCMs: (Journal of Geophysical Research, DOI:10.1002/jgrd.50403, 4401-4420). (IF:3.42)
1. R K Yadav, Dandi. A. Ramu; A.P. Dimri (2012): On the relationship between ENSO patterns and winter precipitation over North and Central India (Global and Planetary Change, DOI:10.1016/j.gloplacha.2013.04.006, 50-58). (IF: 3.91)
3. A study on mean state, seasonal cycle and variability of indian ocean sst and impact of iod on ismr in observations and can-cm4i model by Trusha N from Aavitribai Phule Pune university department of atmospheric and space sciences (2021)
2. Study on mean features and variability of surface air temperature over Indian during 1951-2018 by S Srivastav from Central University of South Bihar (2019).
1. Impact of El Nino modoki on ISMR in observations and current coupled models by Sardhara N from Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies, Panangad (2018).
2. M. Tech.
2. A study on monthly and seasonal climatological mean feature of Asian and Indian summer monsoon and its teleconnection with ENSO and IOD in current Seasonal prediction model (CanCM4i) by D Tharun at Department of Met & Oceanography, Visakhapatnam in 2021.
1. A study on Inter annual variability of sub-seasonal and seasonal summer monsoon rainfall over different homogeneous regions of India by G Varun Teja at Department of Met & Oceanography, Visakhapatnam in 2016
P.G Bsc (applied) in GIS and remote Sensing: As a Guide (2-students)
1.A study on the seasonal and subseasonal rainfall variability over Maharashtra using GIS by Ganesh S.V at Department of Geography, Savitribai phule Pune University, Pune-411007 (2017)
2. Analysis of mean surface air temperature variability and its trends over Maharashtra using GIS by Gawande Amol Ramesh at Department of Geography, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune-411007 (2017).