Institute celebrated it's 58th Foundation Day on 17 Nov 2019. Dr Shekhar C Mande, Secretary, DSIR & DG-CSIR was the Chief Guest and Dr Anil Bhardwaj Director, PRL, Ahmedabad was the Guest of Honour of the foundation day function. View the detailed programme of the Day...
On this occasion, following IITM awards were presented:
- IITM Annual Silver Jubilee Award for the best research paper published in peer reviewed journal for the year 2018 to the paper entitled, “ Phenomenological paradigm for midtropospheric cyclogenesis in the Indian summer monsoon”, by Dey Choudhury Ayantika, Krishnan R., Ramarao M.V.S., Vellore R., Singh M., Mapes B., Published in Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 75, September 2018, DOI:10.1175/JAS-D-17-0356.1, 2931-2954
- Dr. Ananthakrishnan Award for the Best Ph.D. thesis for the year 2018 to Dr. Gayatri Kulkarni for her thesis “Study aerosol effects on deep convective clouds with in monsoon environment based on observations and numerical modeling” under the guidance of Dr. Thara Prabhakaran (IITM & Savitribai Phule Pune University).
- The Best Student Research Paper Award for 2018 to Mudiar Deepjyoti for the paper “Quantification of observed electrical effect on the raindrop size distribution in Tropical Clouds”, published in Journal of Geophysical Research, 123, April 2018, DOI:10.1029/2017JD028205, 1-18.
- IITM Excellent Performance Award for the year 2018 for the Scientific, Administrative, Support and Multi-Tasking Staff categories to Dr Deewan Singh Bisht, Smt.Yogita Kad, Shri Sandip Kulkarni and Shri Rakesh Bhandari respectively.
- IITM Junior Research Fellow Best Student Award was given to Rituparna Sarkar (1st position) and Sandeep J. (2nd position).
Click here for the Press Release
Click here for the Photo gallery part -I. Click here for the Photo gallery part -II.
View the citations…