Qualified National Educational Test (NET, Master's level) in Mathematics conducted by University Grants Commission in 1986.
Successfully completed 3 weeks ‘Short Term Training Course in General Meteorology’, conducted by the India Meteorological Department at Meteorological Training Institute, Pune during 18 November 2013 to 7 December 2013.
Successfully completed one year 'Advanced Meteorological Training (revised course)' at India Meteorological Department Pune during Sept 2000-Sept 2001 and passed with overall 74%.
Successfully completed four months ‘General Purpose Training on Meteorology’ conducted by Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Pune during June -Oct 1989.
Delivered lectures during academic year 2006-07, 2007-08 & 2008-09 to the students of M.Tech (Atmospheric Sciences), University of Pune on ‘Mathematical and statistical Methods’ and hence bestowed with the title of 'Adjunct Professor' of the Department of Atmospheric and Space Sciences, University of Pune.
M. Tech (Atmospheric Science) of University of Pune
Worked as Co-PI of project entitled, ”Role of High Frequency Oscillations on the variability and predictability of the Monsoon Transients over the CTCZ through the nonlinear energy and error energy of prognostic model”, sanctioned by MoES under CTCZ program during 2011-2014 with PI shri Saumyendu De.
Worked as Co-PI of project entitled, ‘Nonlinear Scale Interactions in the Energetics of Monsoon in Wavenumber / Frequency Domain’, sanctioned by DST during 2001-2004 with PI Shri D. R. Chakraborty.
Membership of scientific societies:
Life member of Indian Meteorological Society.
Life member of Indian Science Congress Association.
Research papers published in journals
8. S. De, N. K. Agarwal, Anupam Hazra, Hemantkumar S. Chaudhari and A. K. Sahai, On unravelling mechanism of interplay between cloud and large scale circulation - A grey area in climate science, Climate Dynamics,Volume 52, Issue 3–4, February 2019, 1547–1568.
7. S. Abhilash, R. Mandal, A. Dey, R. Phani, S. Joseph, R. Chattopadhyay, S. De, N. K. Agarwal, A. K. Sahai, S. Sunitha Devi and M. Rajeevan, Role of Enhanced Synoptic Activity and its Interaction with Intra-seasonal oscillations on the lower extended range prediction skill during 2015 monsoon season, Climate Dynamics, , Volume 51, Issue 9–10, November 2018, 3435–3446 .
6. N. K. Agarwal, S. S. Naik, S. De and A. K. Sahai, Why are the Indian monsoon transients short-lived and less intensified during draughts vis-à-vis good monsoon years? - An inspection through scale interactive energy exchanges in frequency domain, International Journal of Climatology, Vol. 36, issue 8, June 2016, 2958-2978.
5. Chakraborty D.R. and Agarwal N.K., Aspects of ISOs during Indian Summer Monsoon as inferred from Nonlinear Divergent-Rotational Energy Transfer, Journal of Indian Geophysical Union, Vol.7, No. 4, 2003, 227-238.
4. Chakraborty D.R. and Agarwal N.K., Divergent-Rotational Nonlinear Energy Conversions in Wavenumber-Frequency Domain during Summer Monsoon, Jr. of Pure and Applied Geophysics, Vol. 157, 2000, 1781-1795.
3. Chakraborty D.R. and Agarwal N.K., Effects of Coriolis force, Vorticity and Divergence on Nonlinear Energy Conversions during Different Phases of July 1979 Monsoon, Mausam, Vol. 48,3, 1997, 385-396.
2. Chakraborty D.R. and Agarwal N.K., Frequency Distribution of Tropospheric Triad Energy Interactions during Summer Monsoon 1988, Jr. of Pure and Applied Geophysics, Vol. 149, 1997, 761-774.
1. Chakraborty D.R. and Agarwal N.K., Role of Triad Kinetic Energy Interactions for Maintenance of Upper Tropospheric Low Frequency Waves during Summer Monsoon 1988, Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, Vol.13, 1996, 91-102.
Research Paper Published in the Proceedings
5. Chakraborty D.R., Agarwal N.K. and Biswas M.K., Mechanism of Rotational Eddies in Wavenumber Domain during July 1995’ Proceedings of the National Seminar on Predicting Meteorological Events: A Mathematical Approach, Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi, 2004, 126-142.
4. Chakraborty D.R., Agarwal N.K. and Biswas M.K., Mathematical Modeling of Nonlinear Wave Interactions of the Rotational and Divergent Flows in the Frequency domain, Proceedings of the National Conference on Applicable Mathematics in Wave Mechanics and vibrations, Jalpaiguri, 2003, 93-100.
3. Chakraborty D.R. and Agarwal N.K., The Role of High and Low Frequency Dynamics During the Two Contrasting Monsoon Years, Proceedings of National Symposium on Meteorology for Sustainable Development, RMC Mumbai, TROPMET-2001, 323-328.
2. Chakraborty D.R. and Agarwal N.K., Nonlinear Energy Transfer Related to Phase Locking in Frequency Domain during Summer Monsoon, Proceedings of National Symposium on Ocean and Atmosphere, CUSAT Kochi, TROPMET-2000, 156-162.
1. Chakraborty D.R. and Agarwal N.K., Effects of Coriolis force,Vorticity and Divergence on Frequency Distribution on Nonlinear Energy Interaction during Summer Monsoon, Proceedings of National Symposium on Meteorology beyond 2000, RMC Chennai, TROPMET-1999, 244-249