“Adjunct Professor” of Dept of Atmospheric and Space Science, Pune University, for academic year 2005-2006 and 2006-2007.
Academic year 2005-2006,title of Adjunct professor of the Department of Atmospheric and Space Sciences, University of Pune.
Academic year 2008-2009,title of Adjunct professor of the Department of Atmospheric and Space Sciences, University of Pune.
Teaching M.Tech. (Atmospheric physics) course of University of Pune on topic “Numerical Methods ”
Membership of Societies:
Life member of Indian Meteorological Society
1. “Instructional Conference on Applied Mathematical Techniques with special reference to Modeling in Atmospheric and Oceanic Processes” held at Indore from 10th to 29th April, 1989, sponsored by National Board of Higher Mathematics, Bombay.
2. Successfully completed “General purpose training” from June 1989 to October 1989 conducted at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune.
3. One year “Advanced meteorological training course (revised) ”conducted by India Meteorological Department from 11th September 2000 to 9th September 2001.
4. SERC school on “Basics of Geophysical Fluid Dynamics ”organized at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Pune from 23rd May to 24th June 1994.
5. SERC school on Numerical Weather Prediction –Dynamics and Numerical Methods organized at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Delhi from 29 November to 28 December 1999.
6. Programme on “Intellectual Property Rights and World Trade Organisation Related Issues” at Administrative Staff College of India, Bella Vista , Hyderabad from 5-9 December 2005.
7. Third International Training Programme in Intellectual Property Management and Technology Transfer, Science and Technology Park, University of Pune, 5-11 February 2006.
8. Training Programme on Coastal Oceanoghraphy : Remote Sensing and GIS Application , Centre for Studies on Bay of Bengal, Andhra Univerasity, Visakhapatnam, 29 January to 10 February 2007.
9. One week course in “ Direct Trainer Skills ” at National Institute of Oceanography, Dona Paula, Goa , from 14th September, 2007 to 18th September 2007.
10. “ Euindia Grid Workshop on Material , Earth and Atmospheric Sciences ” at C-DAC, Pune from 24th September 2007 to 28th September 2007.
11.Attended “Workshop on Parallel Computing” Organized by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Pune during 6th October 2008 to 10th October 2008.
11. Prasanna K. , Singh P., Chowdary J.S. , Naidu C.V. , Parekh A., Gnanaseelan C., Ramu Dandi, Northeast monsoon rainfall variability over the southern Peninsular India associated with multiyear La Niña events, Climate Dynamics, 53, November 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-019-04927-6
10. Parde A.N., Ghude S.D., Pithani P., Dhangar N.G., Nivdange S., Krishna G., Lal D.M., Jenamani R., Singh P., Jena C., Karumuri R., Safai P.D., Chate D.M., Estimation of surface particulate matter (PM 2.5 and PM 10 ) mass concentrations from ceilometer backscattered profiles, Aerosol and Air Quality Research, Online, October 2019, DOI:10.4209/aaqr.2019.08.0371, 1-10, Published online (Impact Factor 2.589)
9. Chowdary J.S., Srinivas G., Du Y., Gopinath K., Gnanaseelan C., Parekh A., Singh P., Month-to-month variability of Indian summer monsoon rainfall in 2016: role of the Indo-Pacific climatic conditions, Climate Dynamics, 52, January 2019, DOI:10.1007/s00382-018-4185-4, 1157-1171.
8. Sagalgile A. P., J. S. Chowdary G. Srinivas, C. Gnanaseelan, A. Parekh, Raju A. and Prem Singh., Indian Summer Monsoon Sub-seasonal Low-Level Circulation Predictability and its Association with Rainfall in a Coupled Model, Pure and Applied Geophysics,2018, 175:449-463 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00024-017-1702-z.
7. Singh P., Gnanaseeelan C., Chowdary J.S., North-East monsoon rainfall extremes over the southern peninsular India and their association with El Nino, Dynamics of Atmosphere and Ocean, 80, 2017, DOI:10.1016/j.dynatmoce.2017.08.002, 1-11.
6. J. S. Chowdary, Anant Parekh, Rashmi Kakatkar, C. Gnanaseelan, G. Srinivas, Prem Singh, M. Roxy, Tropical Indian Ocean response to the decay phase of El Niño in a coupled model and associated changes in south and east-Asian summer monsoon circulation and rainfall, Climate Dynamics, 47, 2016, DOI:10.1007/s00382-015-2874-9, 831–844
5. P. Singh, V. Vasudevan, J. S. Chowdary and C. Gnanaseelan, Subseasonal variations of Indian summer monsoon with special emphasis on drought and excess rainfall years, International Journal of Climatology, 2015, DOI: 10.1002/joc.4004, 35: 570–582.
4. J. S. Chowdary, H. S. Chaudhari, C. Gnanaseelan, A. Parekh, S.A. Rao, P. Sreenivas, S. Pokharel, and P. Singh, Summer monsoon circulation and precipitation over the tropical Indian Ocean during ENSO in the NCEP climate forecast system, Climate Dynamics, 42, 2014, DOI 10.1007/s00382-013-1826-5, 1925
3.Chowdary J. S, H. S. Chaudhari, C. Gnanaseelan, Anant Parekh, A. Suryachandra Rao, Pentakota Sreenivas, S. Pokharel, and P. Singh, Summer monsoon circulation and precipitation over the tropical Indian Ocean during ENSO in the NCEP climate forecast system, Climate Dynamics, 42, 2014, DOI 10.1007/s00382-013-1826-5, 1925-1947
2. Prem Singh , Anant Parekh and Raju Attada, Comparision of a simple logarithmic and equivalent neutral wind for converting buoy-measured wind speed to the standard height : special emphasis to North Indian, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 111, 2013, DOI:10.1007/s00704-012-0674-2, 455-463.
1. L. George , P.S. Salvekar , P.Singh, A diagnostic study of the cyclonic storm over Arabian sea during June 1994 . Pure Appl. Geophs. Vol.154,pp. 163-182
Publications in Proceedings / Reports:
6. Sreenivas P., C. Gnanaseelan, Rashmi Kakatkar, N. Pavan Kumar, J.S. Chowdary, Anant Parekh and P. Singh, Implementation and Validation of Global Ocean Data Assimilation System at IITM, IITM Research Report, 2015, SR-19.
5. Prem Singh and P.S. Salvekar: Simulation of Tropical Indian Ocean Surface Circulation Using a Free Surface Sigma Coordinate Model: IITM Research Report No. RR-106 pp21, 2004.
4. P.S Salvekar L.George and P.Singh : Role of meridional wind in the development of cyclonic circulation during onset phase of southwest Monsoon. Abstract volume of TROPMET-2000.
3. L.George P. Singh and P.S. Salvekar : Three dimensional structure of the cyclonic storm : A Numerical study Proceedings of TROPMET-1999, pp 241-243.
2. P.S. Salvekar, P. Singh and L. George: Instability characteristics of Monsoon disturbances over Arabian sea Proceedings of TROPMET-1995, pp.223-226.
1. L. George P.S. Salvekar and P. Singh : Understanding the behaviour of Indian monsoon during different onset phases Research Activites in Atmospheric and ocean Modelling 1999 , WGNE Report No. 25, pp.2.45.