Member, BoS : Member of the Board of Studies in Geology and Geography, Central University of Karnataka, Gulbarga.
Co-Investigator :Co-Investigator in “South Asian Precipitation: A SEamless Assessment - SAPRISE" to the MOES-NERC under the Indo-UK collaborative programme
Member CORDEX South Asia
Member International Steering Group : Member of International Steering Group on Creating a Comprehensive Surface Temperature Resource. The Met Office on behalf of the UK Government proposed an initiatives for “Creating a Comprehensive Surface Temperature Resource for 21st Century Climate Science” to 15th session of the WMO Commission for Climatology.
Outstanding Project of APN Second strategic phase :The APN Expert review has placed the our project entitled “Development and Application of Climate Extreme indices and indicators for Monitoring Trends in Climate Extremes and their Socio-economic Impacts in South Asian Countries”led by me from Indian side in collaboration with Dr. H. P. Borgaonkar and Dr. D.R. Kothawale, IITM, India, as one of the outstanding projectcs out of 80 projects reviewed.
Identification as a Key Participant : International Organizing Committee of Surface Temperature Workshop at UK Met Office, Exeter, UK identified me as a key participant for the surface temperature workshop due to my expertise and invited me to attend the workshop at Exeter, UK.
Ph.D. awarded :Various indices of extremes in daily precipitation and surface temperature are computed for number of stations for observed and grids for regional climate model (PRECIS) data sets to examine observed trends and model projections of extremes over Indian region. Extremes are studied in terms of their frequencies, intensities and spell duration. Role of El Nino and La Nina in occurrence of extremes and evaluation of model for present day climate are also assessed. Ph.D. Awarded for the same to me in Atmospheric and Space Sciences by University of Pune. April 2010. (Work is done under the guidance of Dr. Rupa Kumar Kolli.)
Invited Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Studies in Atmospheric Science (SIAS)
Member, Executive Committee, Ocean Society of India, Pune Chapter
Lead Activities: Working on 'Monsoon On Line' Web Page
(1) 'Changes in temperature and precipitation extremes and its statistical relationship with foodgrain' at National conference on climate change : challenges and strategies, Newman College, Thodupunza, Kerala during 13-15, 2012.
(2) 'Assessing State of Climate and Temperature-Precipitation variability and extreme' at workshop on “State of Climate Change” at Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) Gujarat on 2nd February 2012.
(3) 'Changes in indices of extremes in temperature and precipitation over Indian region' at seminar on 'Identification and Prioritization of Statistical Indicators on Climate Change at Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Begumpet, Hyderabad during 3-4 February, 2012.
(4) One day training module at Krishi Vidnyan Kendra, Baramati on invitation (18th Aug 2010)
(5)Workshop on Synthesizing Observed Local Variability and Climate Extremes (SOLVE), 17-20 March 2009, held at IITM, Pune.
(6)APN Workshop, 1-5 November 2010 held at IITM
(7) Computation of Extreme Indices through Rclimdex ,Workshop on Synthesizing Observed Local Variability and Climate Extremes (SOLVE), 17-20 March 2009, held at IITM, Pune. 18 March 2009
Deputations Abroad :
(1) Participated in International Workshop on Surface Temperature Workshop at UK Met Office, Exeter, UK during 7th to 9th September 2010.
(2) Attended 'APN Technical Meeting on Climate Extremes' Indices for South Asia' for the finalization of Research Publications on Climate extremes at Kathmandu, Nepal, June 15-19, 2009 as a Team Leader, India.
(3) Participated UK-India workshop on 'Downscaling and linking to applications' held at University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK during 26 to 30 January 2009.
(4) Attended 'APN Technical Meeting on Climate Extremes' Indices for South Asia' Kathmandu, Nepal, April 21-25, 2008. As a Team Leader, India, presented “COUNTRY REPORT-INDIA : Climate Extremes in Indian region”, J.V. Revadekar, H. P. Borgaonkar, D.R. Kothawale. Chaired the second day session.
(5) Participated in the 2nd WCRP CORDEX South-Asia Science and Training Workshop – Katmandu, Nepal, 27-30 Aug 2013.
(6) Participated in the International Conference on Regional Climate, CORDEX 2013, 4-7 November 2013, Brussels, Belgium.
Research Guidance :
1. Guidance provided to M.Sc. (Environment) Student of University of Pune (Ms. Sonal gaikwad,) for her dissertion on the topic, “Impact of rainfall variability on foodgrain over Pune”. She submitted dissertion to University on 6th May 2010 and presented results in viva on 9th May 2010.
2. MA, IIT Guwahati students Abhishek Mazumder, Jayanta Borah and Nilutpal Kashyap for their dissertation, "Impact of Climate Change on the tea industry in Doom Dooma (Assam). (With Dr. R. Krishnan, Dr. M. Mujumdar), 2011
3. M.Sc. (Environment) student Yogita Chaudhari of Fergusson College, Pune for her dissertation, "Role of Oceanic and Atmospheric Parameters in Regulating Indian Monsoon Droughts" (With Dr. Hamza), 2012
4. Ms. Priyanka Murumkar, submitted her M Sc dissertation entitled, "Changes in Surface Temperature and Precipitation over Western Ghat and Its Teleconnection" in May 2015 to Central university of Karnataka under the guidance of Dr. Jayashree Revadekar
Resource Person : Worked as resource person for
(1) SERC School held at IITM, 1-21 December 2010
(2) Asia Pacific Network Initiatives held at IITM, 1-5 November 2010
(3) Indian Monsoon recognized by CCCR and held at IITM, 31 August-01 September 2010.
(4) Worked as resource person to do preparatory work for a WMO CLIPS Training
Workshop on Urban Climatology, organized by IMD and held at IITM, 6 -10 September
2010. (In collaboration with Dr. Somnath Dutta, IMD and group)
(5) National Workshop on the Advances in science of Climate Change and Indian Monsoon,
held at IITM during 31 Aug – 01 Sept. 2010
(6) Training programme on Dendroclimatology and Climate Change for forestry
scientists, held at IITM during 7-12 December, 2009.
(7) Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India'sNational Workshop on Climate Change :
Status and Future Plans, held at IITM during 18-19 May 2009.
(8) NATCOMTraining Workshop on “Climate Change Scenarios” at IITM during
13-14 October 2008.
(9) Synthesizing Observed Local Variability and Climate Extremes (SOLVE), held at IITM
during 17-20 March, 2009.
IITM Projects : Working as a member of projects
(1) Core group of the program, “Climate Change Modelling Towards Earth System Modelling For Climate Change”
(2) Core group of the program, “Outreach, Training for Capacity Building in Climate Change Research, Dissemination of Information”
(3) Associate for the Program “Monsoon Variability and Predictability”
International collaborations if any :
Key person of APN Project (2005-2006), “Development and Application of Climate Extreme Indices and Indicators for monitoring Trends in Climate Extremes and their Socio-economic Impacts in South Asian Countries”. Participating countries : Pakistan, India, Nepal, Srilanka, Bangladesh.
Web site Management
Web site : Monsoon On Line by Revadekar JV, Goswami BN, Krishnan R, Suryachandra Rao A, Mujumdar M, Joseph S, Sapre VV
1.Revadekar JV, Preethi B.Extremes in precipitation and surface temperature using downscale products Asia Pacific Network Initiatives, IITM, Pune during 1-5 Nov. 2010
2.Preethi B. Revadekar JV (presented by Preethi). Computation of Extremes in precipitation and surface temperature Asia Pacific Network Initiatives, IITM, Pune during 1-5 Nov. 2010
3.Revadekar JV, Introduction to Extremes and Observed Changes in Precipitation and surfce temperature extremes over India Krishi Vidnyan Kendra, Baramati 18th Aug 2010
4.Revadekar JV Observed Trends and model projections of extremes in precipitation and surface temperature over India Open Defence Viva For Ph.D. At University of Pune, Pune April, 2010
5.Revadelar JV As a Lead Author of APN group Impact of altitude and latitude on temperature extremes over south Asia” In 'APN Technical Meeting on Climate Extremes' Indices for South Asia' for the finalization of Research Publications on Climate extremes at Kathmandu, Nepal, June 16, 2009
6.Revadekar JV RClimdex : Introduction and Data Quality issues Workshop on Synthesizing Observed Local Variability and Climate Extremes (SOLVE), 17-20 March 2009, held at IITM, Pune., 18 March 2009
7.Revadekar JV Computation of Extreme Indices through Rclimdex Workshop on Synthesizing Observed Local Variability and Climate Extremes (SOLVE), 17-20 March 2009, held at IITM, Pune. 18 March 2009
8.Patil SD, Revadekar JV , Presented by Patil SD, Extremes in the total ozone content and their characteristics over the Indian region' NSSS-2010 at Surashtra University, Rajkot during 24-27 Feb. 2010 presented by Shri S.D. Patil
9.Patil,S.D., J.V. Revadekar Presented by Patil SDExtremes in total ozone content over the northern India National Symposium on Climate Change held at Bhubaneswar during 28 Feb.-2 March 2009
10.Patil SD, Preethi B, Revadekar JV, Yadav RK Presented by Patil SD. Cloud radiative forcing during extreme monsoon years over the Indian region National Symposium on Climate Change held at Bhubaneswar during 28 Feb.-2 March 2009
11.Patil SD, Preethi B, Revadekar JV, Nityanand Singh, Presented by Patil SD, Spatio-temporal distribution of cloud radiative forcing during contrasting monsoon years over India' , IASTA-2010 on Aerosol & clouds, climate change perspectives, March 24-26, 2010 held at Darjeeling Shri S.D. Patil.
Scientific Symposia/Workshops Attended :
Monsoon Mission International Consultancy meeting" (MMICM), 11-12 September, 2012 held at IITM, Pune.
Third Session of South Asian Climate Outlook Forum (SASCOF) Pune, 19-20 April 2012, IITM, Pune.
CORDEX SOUTH ASIA TRAINING WORKSHOP, 17-20 October 2012, IITM, Pune.IITM Golden Jubilee International Conference on Opportunities and Challenges in Monsoon Prediction in a changing climate (OCHAM) at IITM, Pune during 21-25 February 2012.
The WCRP CORDEX-South Asia Planning Meeting organized in IITM during 25-26 February 2012.
Kickoff meeting of MoES-NERC funded "South Asian precipitation: A seamless assessment (SAPRISE)" on 20 Feb., 2011 at IITM.
Second Session of the South Asian Climate Outlook Forum(SASCOF-2) jointly sponsored and organized by the Ministry of EarthSciences (MoES), the India Meteorological Department (IMD) and theIndian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) held during 13-15 April2011 at IITM Pune. Meet focuses on facilitating a common understandingand developing consensus-based outlook for the ensuing summer monsoon,over the South Asia in collaboration with national, regional and globalexperts
Annual Monsoon Workshop “Monsoon-2010” IMD Pune, India, XX December 2010.
7th Annual Monsoon Years (AMY7) Workshop IITM, Pune, 10th July 2010.
Meeting on 'Development Web Site' at C-DAC, 12 April 2010; 30 April 2010, 21 May 2010
Participated in National Workshop on the Advances in science of Climate Change and Indian Monsoon, held at IITM during 31 Aug – 01 Sept. 2010
Participated in International Workshop on Surface Temeprature Workshop at UK Met Office, Exeter, UK during 7th to 9th September 2010.
Attended workshop on use of NAG Library held at IITM, Pune on 21 November 2009.
Annual Monsoon Workshop “Monsoon-2009” IMD Pune, India, 16 December 2009.
A Paper entitled, 'Summer monsoon rainfall and kharif foodgrain yield in India' by Preethi B and Revadekar JV accepted for presentation in Third International Conference on 'Hydrology and Watershed Management with a focal theme on Climate Change – Water, Food and Environmental Security' , Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University Hyderabad, 3-6 Feb, 2010.
First "Prof. P.R. Pisharoty Distinguished Lecture Series", University of Pune, India, 24 February 2010.
Workshop on Parallel Computing organised by Centre for Development of Advance Computing at IITM from 06-10 Oct. 2008.
'Hindi Workshop' conducted in the Institute from 25/08/2008 to 29/08/2008
Papers inRefereed Journal
68. Gupta Smrati, Tiwari Y.K., Revadekar J.V., Deb Burman P.K., Chakraborty S., Gnanamoorthy P., An intensification of atmospheric CO2 concentrations due to the surface temperature extremes in India , Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, Online, September 2021, DOI:10.1007/s00703-021-00834-w, 1-13
67. Srivastava A.K., Revadekar J.V., Rajeevan M.,2020. State of the Climate in 2019 : South Asia. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 101, 8, August 2020 , S394-S397
66. Varikoden H., Roja C., Revadekar J.V., Mujumdar M., 2020. Rainfall variation in major river basins in India and the association with the Indo-Pacific Oceans. Journal of Coastal Research, SI- 89: Oceanic and Coastal Processes of the Indian Seas, June 2020, DOI:10.2112/SI89-001.1, 1-6.
65. Varikoden H., Revadekar J.V., On the extreme rainfall events during the southwest monsoon season in northeast regions of the Indian subcontinent, Meteorological Applications, 27:e1822, February 2020, DOI: 10.1002/met.1822, 1-13
64. Varikoden H., Revadekar J.V., Kuttippurath J., Babu C.A., 2019. Contrasting trends in southwest monsoon rainfall over the Western Ghats region of India. Climate Dynamics, 52, 2019, DOI:0.1007/s00382-018-4397-7, 4557-4566
63. Srivastava A.K., Revadekar J.V. and Rajeevan M., 2019. State of the Climate in 2018 : Asia, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, in press.
62. Revadekar J.V., Patwardhan, S.K. 2018. Characteristic features of Indian summer monsoon rainfall during 2018, Bulletin of India Met Soc., November,17,4, 4-17.
61. Revadekar J.V., Patwardhan, S.K. 2018. Westward moving low pressure systems over Indian region during summer monsoon-2018, Bulletin of India Met Soc., October, 17,3, 4-12.
60. Revadekar J.V., Varikoden Hamza, P. Murumkar, S.A. Ahmed, 2018. Latitudinal variation in summer monsoon rainfall over Western Ghat of India and its association with global sea surface temperatures, Science of Total Environment, 613-614, 88-97. DOI:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.08.285, 88-97
59. Srivastava A.K., Revadekar J.V. and Rajeevan M., 2018. State of the Climate in 2017 : Asia, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 99, 2018, S239-S242
58. Varikoden Hamza, Mujumdar M, Revadekar J.V., K.P. Sooraj, MVS Ramarao, J Sanjay and R Krishnan, 2018. Assessment of Regional Downscaling Simulations for Long Term Mean, Excess and Deficit Indian Summer Monsoons, Global and Planetary Change, 162, 28-38.
57. Varikoden Hamza and Revadekar J.V., 2018. Relation between the Rainfall and Soil Moisture during different phases of Indian Monsoon, Pure and Applied Geophysics, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00024-017-1740-6, 1187-1195.
56. Srivastava A.K., Revadekar J.V. and Rajeevan M., 2017. State of the Climate in 2016 : Asia, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Vol. 98, S217-S220.
55. Srivastava A.K., Revadekar J.V. and Rajeevan M., 2016. State of the Climate in 2015 : Asia, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Vol. 97, 8, August 2016, S215-S216.
54. Ravi Kumar K., Valsala Vinu, Tiwari Yogesh, Revadekar J.V., Pillai Prasanth, Chakraborty Supriyo, Murtugudde Raghu, 2016, Intra-seasonal variability of atmospheric CO2 concentrations over India during Summer Monsoons, Atmospheric Environment, doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2016.07.023
53. Ravi Kumar K., Yogesh Kumar Tiwari, Revadekar, J.V., Ramesh Vellore, Tania Guha, 2016. Impactof ENSO on variability of AIRS retrieved CO2 over India, Atmospheric Environment, doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2016.07.001
52. J.V. Revadekar, Hamza Varikoden, P.K. Murumkar, S.A. Ahmed, 2016. On the relationship between sea surface temperatures, circulation parameters and temperatures over west coast of India. Science of the Total Environment, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2016.02.016, 175-185.
51. Revadekar, J.V., Hamza Varikoden, Preethi B., Mujumdar M.M., 2016. Precipitation extremes during Indian summer monsoon : Role of cyclonic disturbances, Natural Hazards, Published online, January 2016, DOI:10.1007/s11069-016-2148-9, 1-15
50. Revadekar J.V., Ravi Kumar K., Tiwari Y.K. And Vinu Valsala, 2016. Variability in AIRS CO2 during active and break phases of Indian Summer Monsoon, Science of Total Environment, January 2016, 541, DOI:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.09.078, 1200-1207
49. Revadekar, J.V. Hamza Varikoden, V.V. Sapre, 2016. Variability in summer monsoon rainfall over Pune, a leeward side station of Western Ghat of India, Special issue on Tropmet-2015 : Vayu Mandal, 41
48. Kulkarni M.K., Revadekar J.V., Hamza Varikoden, Athale, SU. 2016. Thunderstorm days and lightning activity in association with El Nino over Indian Land Mass, Special issue on Tropmet-2015 : Vayu Mandal, 41
47. Hamza V, Revadekar JV, Yogita Chaudhary, Preethi B. 2015. Droughts of Indian Summer Monsoon During El Nino and Non El Nino Years. 2015. International Journal of Climatology, June 2015, DOI: 10.1002/joc.4097, 35, 1916-1925
46. Sheikh MM, Manzoor N, Ashraf J, Adnan M, Collins D, Hameed S, Manton MJ, Ahmed AU, Baidya SK, Borgaonkar HP, Islam N, Jayasinghearachchi D, Kothawale DR, Premalal KHMS, Revadekar JV, and Shrestha ML. 2015. Trends in extreme daily rainfall and temperature indices over South Asia, June 2015, International Journal of Climatology, 35, DOI:10.1002/joc.4081, 1625-1637
45. Madhura RK, Krishnan R, Revadekar JV, Mujumdar M and Goswami BN, 2015. Changes in Western Disturbances over Western Himalayas in a warming environment, Climate Dynamics (doi:10.1007/s00382-014-2166-9), 44, DOI 10.1007/s00382-014-2166-9, 1-12,1157-1168
44. Srivastava AK, Revadekar JV, Rajeevan M, 2015. State of the Climate in 2014 : South Asian Regional Summary, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 96, 7, July 2015, S206-S208
43. Nischitha V, Ahmed SA, Varikoden Hamza, Revadekar JV, 2014. Impact of seasonal rainfall variability on NDVI in Tunga and Bhadra River basins, Karnataka, India. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 35,23, 10.1080/01431161.2014.979301, 8025-8043
42. Tiwari YK, Revadekar JV, Ravi Kumar K., 2014. Anomalous features of mid-tropospheric CO2 during Indian summer monsoon drought years. Atmospheric Environment,dx.doi.org/10.1016/ j.atmosenv.2014.09.060, 99, 94-103
41. Bulygina O.N. , Khoshkam M., Korshunova N.N., Liu Y., L. Oyunjargal, Park E-H., Rahimzadeh F., Rajeevan M., Razuvaev V.N., Revadekar J.V., Srivastava A.K., Yamada R. and Zhang P. 2014. State of the Climate in 2013 : Asia,Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, S193-S199
40. Ravi Kumar, K., Revadekar JV, Yogesh K. Tiwari, 2014, AIRS retrieved CO2 and its association with climatic parameters over India during 2004-2011, Science of Total Environment, DOI : 10.1016/j.scitotenv. 2013.12.118, 476-477C, 79-89
39. Revadekar JV, Hameed S, Collins D, Manton M, Sheikh MM, Borgaonkar HP, Kothawale DR, Adnan M, Ahmed AU, Ashraf J, Baidya S, Islam N, Jayasinghearachchi D, Manzoor N, Premalal KHMS and Shreshta M, 2012. Impact of altitude and latitude on changes in temperature extremes over South Asia during 1971-2000, International Journal of Climatology, 33, January 2013, DOI:10.1002/joc.3418, 199–209.
38. Preethi B. and Revadekar JV, 2013. Kharif foodgrain yield and daily summer monsoon precipitation over India, International Journal of Climatology, DOI: 10.1002/joc.3565, 33, 1978-1986
37. Kulkarni MK, Revadekar JV, Hamza V, 2013. About the variability in thunderstorm and rainfall activity over India and its association with El Niño and La Niña, Natural Hazards, September 2013, Online published, DOI:10.1007/s11069-013-0790-z, 1-15
36. Yogesh Tiwari, Revadekar JV, Ravi Kumar, K, 2013. Variations in atmospheric Carbon Dioxide and its association with rainfall and vegetation over India, Atmospheric Environment, 68, April 2013, DOI:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2012.11.040, 45-51.
35. Srivastava AK, Revadekar JV, Rajeevan M, 2013. State of the Climate in 2012 : South Asian Regional Summary. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 94, August 2013, S188-S190
34. Patil SD, Preethi B, Bansod SD, Singh HN, Revadekar JV, Munot AA, 2013. On the association between pre-monsoon aerosol and all-India summer monsoon rainfall. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, DOI:10.1016/j.jastp.2013.04.006, 1-7
33. Nischitha V, Ahmed SA, Varikoden Hamza, Revadekar JV and Shrinivasa Reddy, 2013. Spatial and Temporal variability of daily Monsoon rainfall and validation of TRMM 3B42 rain estimates in Tunga and Bhadra River basins, Karnataka, Annals of GIS, 2013, Vol. 00, No. 00, 1–12, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19475683.2013.843588
32. P. W. Thorne, J. H. Lawrimore, K. M. Willett, R. Allan, R. E. Chandler, A. Mhanda, M. de Podesta, A. Possolo, J. Revadekar, M. Rusticucci, P. A. Stott, G. F. Strouse, B. Trewin, X. L. Wang, A. Yatagai, et al. AIP Conf. Proc. 1552, pp. 1020-1029; doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4821418
31. Rennie JJ, Lawrimore JH, Gleason BE, Thorne PW, Morice CP, Menne MJ, Williams CN, W. Gambi de Almeida, Christy JR, Flannery M, Ishihara M, Kamiguchi K, Klein-Tank AMG, Mhanda A, Lister DH, Razuvaev V, Renom M, Rusticucci M, Tandy J, Worley SJ, Venema V., Angel W, Brunet M, Dattore B, Diamond H, Lazzara MA, Le Blancq F, Luterbacher J, Machel H, Revadekar JV, Vose RS, Yin X, 2013. The International Surface Temperature Initiative Global Land Surface Databank : Monthly Temperature Data Version 1 Release Description and Methods. Geoscience Data Journal, Royal Meteorological Society.
30. Revadekar JV, Yogesh Tiwari, Ravi Kumar. Impact of climate variability on NDVI over Indian region during 1981-2010, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 33, 22, November 2012, 7132-7150
29. Revadekar J.V., Kothawale D.R., Patwardhan S.K., Pant G.B., Rupa Kumar K., About the observed and future changes in temperature extremes over India, Natural Hazards, DOI: 10.1007/s11069-011-9895, 60, 3, 1133-1155, February 2012.
28. Srivastava A.K., Rajeevan M., Zubair L., Revadekar J.V., State of the Climate in 2011 : South Asian Regional Summary, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 93, July 2012, s208-s211
27. Varikoden Hamza, Preethi B., Revadekar JV. 2012. Diurnal and Spatial Variation of Indian Summer Monsoon Rainfall by Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission Rain Rate, Journal of Hydrology, dx.doi.org/10.1016/ j.hydrol.2012.09.056, Available online, 13 October 2012
26. Revadekar J.V., Patwardhan S.K., Rupa Kumar K., Characteristic Features of Precipitation Extremes over India in the Warming Scenarios, Advances in Meteorology, 2011, doi:10.1155/2011/ 138425, 1-11, 2011.
25. Revadekar J.V., Patil S.D., On the surface air temperature variation in relation to chlorofluorocarbons over the Indian region, Atmospheric Environment, online, doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2011.08.069, 1-11, 2011.
24. Revadekar JV, Preethi B, Statistical analysis of the relationship between summer monsoon precipitation extremes and foodgrain yield over India, International J. of Climatology, 10.1002/joc.2282, Vol. , 1-11, 2011
23. Preethi B., Revadekar J.V., Kripalani R.H, Anomalous behaviour of the Indian summer monsoon 2009, Journal of Earth System Science, Vol. 120, 783-794, 2011.
22. Tiwari Yogesh, Prabir K Patra, Frédéric Chevallier, Roger J Francey, Paul B Krummel, Colin E Allison, Revadekar JV, Supriyo Chakraborty, Ray L Langenfelds, S K Bhattacharya, D V Borole, K Ravi Kumar, L Paul Steele, 2011, CO2 observations at Cape Rama, India for the period of 1993-2002: implications for constraining Indian emissions, Current Science, 101, No. 12, 2011, 1562-1568.
21. Rajeevan M., Srivastava A.K., Lareef Z., Revadekar J.V, State of the Climate in 2010 : South Asian Regional Summary, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Vol. 92, S217-S219, 2011.
20. Preethi B, Revadekar JV, Munot AA, Extremes in Precipitation over India during 2001-2009 using CPC high resolution data , International J. of Remote Sensing, Vol. 32, 717-735, 2011
19. Rajeevan M, Srivastava AK, Revadekar JV, State of the Climate in 2009 : South Asian Regional Summary. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Vol. 91, 6, S176-S178, 2010
18. Kothawale DR, Revadekar JV, Rupa Kumar K, Recent trends in pre-monsoon daily temperature extremes over India, Journal of Earth System Science, Vol.119, 51-65, 2010
17. Patil SD, Revadekar JV, Association between ENSO and the extremes in total ozone content over the northern Indian region, International J. of Remote Sensing, Vol. 31, 9, 2257-2264, 2010
16. Revadekar JV, Kothawale DR, Rupa Kumar K, Role of El Nino and La Nina in temperature extremes over India., International J. of Climatology, Vol. 29, DOI:10.1002/ joc.1851, 2121-2129, 2009
15. Revadekar JV, Patil SD, Recent extremes in total ozone content over the northern parts of India in view of Montreal Protocol, International J. of Remote Sensing, Vol. 30, Nos. 15-16, 3967-3974, 2009
14. Patil SD, Revadekar JV, Extremes in total ozone content over the northern India, International J. of Remote Sensing, 30(9), pp. 2389-2397, 2009
13. Preethi B , Revadekar JV, Role of summer monsoon precipitation in winter crop yield over India, The Icfai University Journal of Soil and Water Sciences, Vol. II, No.4, 1-12, 2009
12. Rajeevan M, RevadekarJV, State of the Climate in 2008 : South Asian Regional Summary, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Vol. 90, S159 – S160, 2009
11. Patil SD, Thompson B, Revadekar JV. On the variation of the tropospheric ozone over Indian region in relation to the meteorological parameters. International J. of Remote Sensing, Vol 30, 2813-2826, 2009
10. Revadekar JV, Ashwini Kulkarni, The El Nino-Southern Oscillation and winter precipitation extremes over India, Inernational J. of Climatology, Vol. 28, No. 11, 1445-1452 September 2008
9. Rajeevan M, RevadekarJV, Zubair Lareef, State of the Climate in 2007 : South Asian Regional Summary. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Vol. 89, 7, S136 – S138, 2008
8. Revadekar JV, Patwardhan SK, 2007. Characteristic features precipitation extremes over India, Proc. National Seminar on 'Adapting to climate change', NWA, Pune, pp.29-42
7. Rajeevan M, Revadekar JV, 2007. State of the Climate in 2006 : South Asian Regional Summary, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 88, s100-s101
6. Alexander, L.V. , X. Zhang, T. C. Peterson, J. Caesar, B. Gleason, A. Klein Tank, M. Haylock, D. Collins, B. Trewin, F. Rahimzadeh, A. Tagipour, P. Ambenje. Rupa Kumar, K., Revadekar, J.V., Griffiths, G., Vincent, L., Stephenson,D., Burn, J., E. Aguilar, M. Brunet, M. Taylor, M. New, P. Zhai, M. Rusticucci, J. L. Vazquez-Aguirre, Global observed changes in daily climate extremes of temperature and precipitation, Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres, Vol. 111 (D05109), doi:10.1029/2005JD006290 2006.
5. Rupa Kumar, K., Sahai, K., Krishna Kumar, K., Patwardhan, S.K., Mishra, P.K., Revadekar, J.V., Kamala, K. and Pant, G.B., High-resolution climate change scenarios for India, Current Science, Vol. 90, 3, 2006, 334-345.
4. Tank Klein A.M.G., Peterson, T.C., Quadir, D.A., Dorji, S., Xukai, Z., Hongyu, T., Santhosh, K., Joshi, U.R., Jaswal, A.K., Kolli, R.K., Sikder, A., Deshpande, N.R., Revadekar J.V., Yeleuova, K., Vandasheva, S., Faleyeva, M., Gomboluudev, P., Budhathoki, K.P., Hussain, A., Afzaal, M., Chandrapala, L., Anvar, H., D. Amanmurad, V.S. Asanova, P.D. Jones, M.G. New, T. Spektorman. Changes in daily temperature and precipitation extremes in Central and South Asia. Journal of Geophysical Research , Atmospheres, Vol. 111, D16105, doi 10.1029/2005JD006316, 2006.
3. Patwardhan,S.K.,Krishna Kumar,K., Kamala, K., Preethi Bhaskar, Revadekar, J.V., Rupa Kumar, K. and Pant, G.B. Characteristics of Indian Summer Monsoon in the warming scenario,Proceedings of International Roundable, Indonesia, Nov. 21-24, 2005
2. Kripalani, R.H., Ashwini Kulkarni, Sabade, S.S., Revadekar, J.V. Patwardhan, S.K. and Kulkarni, J.R., Intra-seasonal Oscillations during Monsoon 2002 and 2003, Current Science, Vol 87, No. 3, 10 Aug. 2004, pp. 325-331.
1. Krishna Kumar, K., Mishra, P.K., Patwardhan,S.K., Revadekar, J.V. and Rupa Kumar, K. Impact of Global Warming on cyclonic storms forming in the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea, Proceeding of Meteorological events : Mathematical Approach. Ed. N.C. Maharashi Naroba Publishing House, 2004, pp. 1-8.
5. Revadekar JV, Borgaonkar HP, Kothawale DR, Temperature extremes over India and their relationship with El Nino-Southern Oscillation, In book 'Natural and Anthropogenic Disasters : Vulnerability, Preparedness and Mitigation' edited by Madan Kumar Jha, Capital Publishing Company, N. Delhi, India and Springer, The Netherlands in September 2009
4. Revadekar JV, Kothawale DR, 2007. The Hiatus : 7-22 June 2006 : Variation in Daily Maximum Temperatures, Monsoon 2006 A Report, India Met. Department, IMD Met. Monograph No. Synoptic Meteorology 4/2006, pp 8-9.
3. Sheikh MM, Ahmed AU, Revadekar JV, Shreshtha ML, Premlal KHMS Development and Application of climate extreme Indices and Indicators for monitoring trends in climate extremes and their socio-economic impacts in south Asian countries . Final report for APN project ARCP2008-10CMY-Sheikh-2010
2. Patil SD, Preethi B, Revadekar JV, Nityanand Singh, Spatio-temporal distribution of cloud radiative forcing during contrasting monsoon years over India, IASTA-2010 - Proceeding on Aerosol & clouds, climate change perspectives, March 24-26, 2010 held at Darjeeling, Vol. 19, No. 1 & 2, pp. 241-244
1. Rupa Kumar K, Revadekar JV, Trends in Extreme Daily Rainfall and Temperature Indices over South Asia., First Report on APN Project : APN2005-10-NSY, 2008, 51pp.
Name of Student
Ms. Priyanka Murumkar
Changes in Surface Temperature and Precipitation over Western Ghat and Its Teleconnection
Central university of Karnataka
Ms. Yogita Chaudhari
Role of Oceanic and Atmospheric Parameters in Regulating Indian Monsoon Droughts
Fergusson College, Pune
Abhishek Mazumder Jayanta Borah and Nilutpal Kashyap
Impact of Climate Change on tde tea industry in Doom Dooma (Assam
Ms. Sonal Gaikwad
Impact of rainfall variability on foodgrain over Pune