The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune
Honours / Awards
21) Guided Master of Technology (M. Tech.) Geoinformatics student, Mr. Kedari Tushar Bhanudas of Bharathidasan University, Triruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, India from 22-Dec-2016 to 21-May-2017 for his Project Work entitled 'Shift of Indian Seasonal Precipitation' for getting his M. Tech. degree in Geoinformatics.
20) Lead Talk on the Relationship between Iran surface pressure and Indian summer monsoon by Ramesh Kumar Yadav in the Conference: TROPMET - 2016 i.e. National Symposium on Tropical Meteorology: Climate Change and Coastal Vulnerability, held during December 18-21, 2016 at Bhubaneswar, Odisha, INDIA.
19) Invited lecture on Long term precipitation record, Western Disturbance (WD) and precipitation pattern, and Global influence on the regional rainfall of the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) region in a Group-Discussion Meeting on the 2014 Srinagar Rains and Floods of September 2014 held during 13th and 14th of May, 2016 at Jammu University, Jammu, J&K, India under the sponsorship of the Indian National Science Academy (INSA) and the United States (US) National Academy of Sciences (UN NAS).
18) Participated the CSIR JRF/Lectureship pre-examination meeting in the subject of Earth Sciences held between 15th to 17th April, 2016 at CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, Bengaluru.
17) Participated the MoES first meeting to prepare the Strategy Document on Atmospheric Sciences on 1st April 2016 at IITM, Pune.
16) Invited lecture on Long term NEM trend in the Indian National Science Academy (INSA) and the US National Academy of Sciences (UN NAS) A Group-Discussion Meeting on the “Chennairains” NOV-DEC 2015 during 4th and 5th of March, 2016 at the Koodal Hall, Anna University, Chennai.
14) Faculty member of the II year training programme on Capacity building in Himalayan Glaciology, held between August 19th to 12th September, 2014 at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Convention Centre, New Delhi. INDIA
13) Visiting Scientist (Post-Doc Fellow), Earth System Physics (ESP), Physics of Weather and Climate Section (PWC), The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, ITALY
12) Offered Post-Doctoral Position in Climate Studies in the Department of Plants, Soils and Climate and, the Utah Climate Center, Utah State University, Logan, Utah-84322-4825, USA on January 09, 2012, but due to technical problem I was not able to join.
11) Called as Subject Expert in the interview for the post of 'Project Fellow' for the project entitled 'Investigation of temperature and rainfall extremes over southern India since the late twentieth century' on 4th March, 2010 in the Department of Geography, University of Pune.
10) Guided Master of Science (Technology) Geophysics (with specialization in Meteorology) student, Mr. Rajeev Kumar Yadav from 12-Jan-2011 to 22-Feb-2011 for writing his Dissertation and Project Work entitled 'Seasonal Forecasting of Indian Summer Monsoon' which has to be submitted by him to the Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi, UP, India for getting his M. Sc. (Tech.) degree in Geophysics.
9) Called for Invited Talk in the Seminar on Indian Northeast Monsoon – Recent Advances and Evolving Concepts (INEMREC - 2011) held at Chennai, India during 24 – 25 February, 2011
Title: Why is ENSO influencing Indian northeast monsoon in the recent decades?
Author : R.K. Yadav
8) The paper Received IMS Young Scientist Award for best paper published on Tropical Meteorology in the inaugural session of INTROMET-2014; The award carries a Citation and a cash prize of Rupees 50,000/-; H. S. Chaudhari, S. Pokhrel, S. K. Saha, A. Dhakate, R. K. Yadav, K. Salunke, S. Mahapatra, C.T. Sabeerali and A. S. Rao; 2013; Model biases in long coupled runs of NCEP CFS in the context of Indian Summer Monsoon; International Journal of Climatology; 33; April 2013; pp 1057-1069; DOI: 10.1002/joc.3489 (IF=2.906)
7) The Paper Received IITM's Silver Jubilee Award for the year 2012; : S. Pokhrel, H. S. Chaudhari, S. K. Saha, A. Dhakate, R. K. Yadav, K. Salunke, S. Mahapatra, and A. S. Rao; 2012; The award carries a Citation and a cash prize of Rupees 25,000/-; ENSO, IOD and Indian Summer Monsoon in NCEP climate forecast system; Climate Dynamics; 39; Issue 9-10; November 2012; pp 2143–2165; DOI 10.1007/s00382-012-1349-5 (IF=4.602)
6) The Best Poster Award in the Scientific Session of ‘Modelling monsoon and its variability” of the International Conference on "Opportunities and Challenges in Monsoon Prediction in a Changing Climate" (OCHAMP-2012) held during 21-25 February, 2012 at IITM, Pune, INDIA for the paper Model Biases in CFS simulations in the context of Indian Summer Monsoon. Authors : H.S.Chaudhari, S. Pokhrel, S. K. Saha, A. Dhakate, K. Salunke, R. K. Yadav, C. T. Sabeerali, S. Mahapatra, and S. A. Rao.
5) Nominated by Director, IITM to look after National Monsoon Mission Project title : Extended Monsoon Episodes : Understanding Processes and Pathways for Improved Prediction in CFSv2, commencement from September 2013, total grants USD: 3,10,333 (INR: 2,01,69,695), sponsored by Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Govt. of India.
4) Obtained 85% marks in the First Level National Mathematics Olympiad Contest-1990 for IX class held by “Delhi Association of Mathematics Teachers ”.
3) Published a journal article entitled "Increasing influence of ENSO and decreasing influence of AO/NAO in the recent decades over northwest India winter precipitation" by R.K. Yadav, K. Rupa Kumar and M. Rajeevan (2009) Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres; 114; D12112, DOI:10.1029/2008JD011318 that is listed in the Thomson Reuter's Web of Science database in the last five years
2) Organized Student Symposium: First Prof. R. Ananthakrishnan Memorial Conference on Atmospheric Science, Climate Change and Environmental Studies, January18-19, 2005, IITM, Pune, India.
1) Nominated IITM Hostel Warden from 17 October 2003 to 15 November 2005 by the Institute
Membership of Academic/Professional Bodies
1. Life Member, Indian Meteorological Society, New Delhi (LM-1636).
2. Life Member, European Geosciences Union (EGU)
List of Publications in peer review Journals
Papers Published = 19
19. Ramesh Kumar Yadav; 2017; Mid-latitude Rossby wave modulation of the Indian summer monsoon; Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society (QJRMS); 143: 2260-2271; DOI: 10.1002/qj.3083 (IF=5.131)
18. Maheshwar Pradhan, Ramesh Kumar Yadav, A. Ramu Dandi, Ankur Srivastava, M. K. Phani and Suryachandra A. Rao; 2017; Shift in MONSOON-SST teleconnections in the tropical Indian Ocean and ENSEMBLES climate models’ fidelity in its simulation; International Journal of Climatology; 37: 2280-2294; DOI: 10.1002/joc.4841 (IF=3.76)
17. Ramesh Kumar Yadav and Bhupendra Bahadur Singh; 2017; North Equatorial Indian Ocean Convection and Indian Summer Monsoon June Progression: a Case Study of 2013 and 2014; Pure and Applied Geophysics; 174 (2); 477-489; DOI: 10.1007/s00024-016-1341-9 (IF=1.854)
16. Ramesh Kumar Yadav; 2017; On the relationship between east equatorial Atlantic SST and ISM through Eurasian wave; Climate Dynamics; 48 (1), 281-295; DOI: 10.1007/s00382-016-3074-y (IF=4.708)
15. Ramesh Kumar Yadav; 2016; On the relationship between Iran surface temperature and north-west India summer monsoon rainfall; International Journal of Climatology; 15 November 2016, Volume 36, Issue 13, Pages 4425-4438; DOI: 10.1002/joc.4648 (IF=3.76)
14. Ramesh Kumar Yadav; 2013; Emerging role of Indian Ocean on Indian Northeast Monsoon; Climate Dynamics; 41:105-116; DOI: 10.1007/s00382-012-1637-0 (IF = 4.708)
13. R. K. Yadav, D. A. Ramu and A. P. Dimri; 2013; On the relationship between ENSO patterns and winter precipitation over North and Central India; Global and Planetary Change; 107; pp 50-58; DOI: 10.1016/j.gloplacha.2013.04.006 (IF=3.915)
12. H. S. Chaudhari, S. Pokhrel, S. K. Saha, A. Dhakate, R. K. Yadav, K. Salunke, S. Mahapatra, C.T. Sabeerali and A. S. Rao; 2013; Model biases in long coupled runs of NCEP CFS in the context of Indian Summer Monsoon; International Journal of Climatology; 33; April 2013; pp 1057-1069; DOI: 10.1002/joc.3489 (IF=3.76)
(received IMS Young Scientist Award for best paper published on Tropical Meteorology during INTROMET-2014; The award carries a Citation and a cash prize of Rupees 50,000/-)
11. Ramesh Kumar Yadav; 2012; Why is ENSO influencing India north-east monsoon in the recent decades?; International Journal of Climatology; 32; Issue 14; 30 November 2012; pp 2163–2180; DOI: 10.1002/joc.2430 (IF=3.76)
10. S. Pokhrel, H. S. Chaudhari, S. K. Saha, A. Dhakate, R. K. Yadav, K. Salunke, S. Mahapatra, and A. S. Rao; 2012; ENSO, IOD and Indian Summer Monsoon in NCEP climate forecast system; Climate Dynamics; 39; Issue 9-10; November 2012; pp 2143–2165; DOI 10.1007/s00382-012-1349-5 (IF=4.708)
(received IITM's 25th Silver Jubilee award 2012; The award carries a Citation and a cash prize of Rupees 25,000/-)
9. R.K. Yadav, K. Rupa Kumar and M. Rajeevan; 2012; Characteristic Features of Winter Precipitation and its Variability over Northwest India; Journal of Earth System Science; 121; pp 611 – 623; DOI: 10.1007/s12040-012-0184-8 (IF=1.04)
8. R.K. Yadav, J.H. Yoo, F. Kucharski and M.A. Abid; 2010; Why is ENSO influencing northwest India winter precipitation in recent decades?; Journal of Climate; 23; pp 1979-1993; DOI: 10.1175/2009JCLI3202.1 (IF=4.904)
7. R.K. Yadav, K. Rupa Kumar and M. Rajeevan; 2010; Climate change scenarios for northwest India winter season; Quaternary International; 213; pp 12-19; DOI: 10.1016/j.quaint.2008.09.012 (IF=2.199)
6. R.K. Yadav, K. Rupa Kumar and M. Rajeevan; 2009; Increasing influence of ENSO and decreasing influence of AO/NAO in the recent decades over northwest India winter precipitation; Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres; 114; D12112, DOI:10.1029/2008JD011318 (IF=4.144)
5. R.K. Yadav, K. Rupa Kumar and M. Rajeevan; 2009; Out-of-phase relationships between convection over north-west India and warm-pool region during winter season; International Journal of Climatology; 29; pp 1330-1338; DOI:10.1002/joc.1783 (IF=3.76)
4. R.K. Yadav; 2009; Role of equatorial central Paciﬁc and northwest of North Atlantic 2-metre surface temperatures in modulating Indian summer monsoon variability; Climate Dynamics; 32(4); pp 549-563; DOI: 10.1007/s00382-008-0410-x (IF=4.708)
3. R.K. Yadav; 2009; Changes in the large-scale features associated with the Indian summer monsoon in the recent decades; International Journal of Climatology; 29(1); pp 117-133; DOI:10.1002/joc.1698 (IF=3.76)
2. R.K. Yadav, K. Rupa Kumar and M. Rajeevan; 2007; Role of Indian Ocean sea surface temperatures in modulating northwest Indian winter precipitation variability; Theoretical and Applied Climatology; 87; pp 73-83; DOI: 10.1007/s00704005-0221-5 (IF=2.64)
1. S.D. Patil and R.K. Yadav; 2005; Large-scale changes in the cloud radiative forcing over the Indian region; Atmospheric Environment; 39; pp 4609 4618; DOI:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2005.03.051 (IF = 3.629)
Author : Ramesh Kumar Yadav
Title : Variability, Teleconnections and LRF of NW India Winter Precipitation
Publisher : LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (Published on : May 4, 2011)
Language : English ; Number of Pages : 136 ; Category : Geography