31. Babu, C. A., P. R. Jayakrishnan, Hamza Varikoden, 2016, Characteristics of precipitation pattern in the Arabian Peninsula and its variability associated with ENSO , Arab J Geosci (2016) 9:186 DOI 10.1007/s12517-015-2265-x
30. Samah, A. A., C.A. Babu, Hamza Varikoden, P.R. Jayakrishnan, O.S. Haia, 2016, Thermodynamic and dynamic structure of atmosphere over the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia during the passage of a cold surge, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics 146 58–68
29. Revadekar, J.V., Hamza Varikoden, B. Preethi, M. Mujumdar, 2016, Precipitation extremes during Indian summer monsoon: role of cyclonic disturbances, Nat Hazards, DOI 10.1007/s11069-016-2148-9
28. Revadekar, J.V., Hamza Varikoden, P. K. Murumkar, S.A. Ahmed, 2016, On the relationship between sea surface temperatures, circulation parameters and temperatures over west coast of India, Science of the Total Environment, 551–552 175–185
27. Revadekar, J.V . Hamza Varikoden, V.V. Sapre, 2016. Variability in summer monsoon rainfall over Pune, a leeward side station of Western Ghat of India, Special issue on Tropmet-2015 : Vayu Mandal , 41
26. Kulkarni M.K., Revadekar J.V., Hamza Varikoden , Athale, SU. 2016. Thunderstorm days and lightning activity in association with El Nino over Indian Land Mass, Special issue on Tropmet-2015 : Vayu Mandal , 41
25. Hamza Varikoden, J. V. Revadekar, Yogita Choudhary and B. Preethi, 2015, Droughts of Indian Summer Monsoon Associated with El Niño and Non El Niño Years, International Journal of Climatology,35, DOI: 10.1002/joc.4097, 1916-1925.
24. Hamza Varikoden and C. A. Babu, 2015, Indian Summer Monsoon Rainfall and its relation with SST in the Equatorial Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, International Journal of Climatology, DOI: 10.1002/joc.4056, 35(6), 1192-1200.
23. Nischitha, S.A. Ahmed, Hamza Varikoden and J.V. Revadekar 2014, The impact of seasonal rainfall variability on NDVI in the Tunga and Bhadra river basins, Karnataka, India, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 35, 8025-8043, DOI: 10.1080/01431161.2014.979301
22. Harikumar, R., Hamza Varikoden, C.A. Babu, R. Vishnu and G. Mohan Kumar, 2014, Evaluation of the consequential features of 2007 south-west monsoon onset and super cyclone 'Gonu' using ground-based, satellite and model data, J. Ind. Geophys. Union, 18, 319-329.
21. Hamza Varikoden, M. R. Ramesh Kumar, and C. A. Babu, 2013, Indian Summer Monsoon Rainfall Characteristics During Contrasting Monsoon Years, Pure Appl. Geophys. DOI10.1007/s00024-013-0691-9.
20. Nischitha, S. A. Ahmed, Hamza Varikoden, J. V. Revadekar and G. S. Srinivasa Reddy, 2013 Spatial and temporal variability of daily monsoon rainfall in Tunga and Bhadra River basins, Karnataka, Annals of GIS, 19, 219-230, DOI:10.1080/19475683.2013.843588
19.Hamza Varikoden, K. Krishna Kumar, and C. A. Babu, 2013, Long Term Trends of Seasonal and Monthly rainfall in different Intensity ranges Over indian Subcontinent, Mausam, 64, 481-488
18.Hamza Varikoden, M. R. Ramesh Kumar, and C. A. Babu, 2014, Indian Summer Monsoon Rainfall Characteristics During Contrasting Monsoon Years, Pure Appl. Geophys, 171,1461-1472. DOI 10.1007/s00024-013-0691-9
17. R. Vishnu, V. Anil Kumar, Hamza Varikoden, K. Sarath Krishnan, T. S. Sreekanth, V. N. Subi Symon, S. Murali Das and G. Mohan Kumar, 2013, Convective thundercloud development over the Western Ghats mountain slope in Kerala, Current Science, 104, 1506-1514
16. Hamza Varikoden, B. Preethi, 2013, Wet and dry years of Indian summer monsoon and its relation with Indo-Pacific sea surface temperatures, Int. J. Climatol., 33, 1761-1771. DOI: 10.1002/joc.3547
15. Hamza Varikoden, B. Preethi, and J. V. Revadekar, 2012, Diurnal and Spatial Variation of Indian Summer Monsoon Rainfall Using Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission Rain Rate, J. Hydrology, 475, 248-258. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2012.09.056
14. Vishnu, R, Hamza Varikoden, V. Anil Kumar, S. Murali Das, G. Mohan Kumar and V. N. Subi Symon, 2012, Abnormal modulation of atmospheric parameters during the tsunami of 2004, Current Science, 102, 1575-1580
13. Hamza Varikoden, R. Harikumar, R. Vishnu, V. Sasi Kumar, S. Murali Das, S. Sampath and G. Mohan Kumar, 2011, Observational study of cloud base height and its frequency over a tropical station, Thiruvananthapuram using Ceilometer, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 32, 8505-8518. DOI: 10.1080/01431161.2010.542199 (Online)
12.Hamza Varikoden, B. Preethi, A. A. Samah and C. A. Babu, 2011, Seasonal Variation of Rainfall Characteristics in Different Intensity Classes Over Peninsular Malaysia, J. Hydrology, 404, 99-108
11.Babu C. A., A. A. Samah and Hamza Varikoden, 2011, Rainfall climatology over Middle East region and its variability, International Journal of Water and Arid Environment, 1, 180-192
10.Hamza Varikoden, A. A. Samah and C. A. Babu, 2010, Spatial and Temporal Characteristics of Rain Intensity in the Peninsular Malaysia using TRMM rain rate, J. Hydrology, 387, 312-319
9.Hamza Varikoden, A. A. Samah and C. A. Babu, 2010, Cold tongue in the South China Sea during boreal winter and its interaction with atmosphere, Adv. Atmos. Sci., 27, 265-273
8.Hamza Varikoden, R. Harikumar, V. Sasi Kumar, S. Murali Das, S. Sampath and G. Mohan Kumar, 2009: Properties of cloud base height during southwest monsoon period over a tropical station, Thiruvananthapuram, Current Science., 96, 562-568.
7.Hamza Varikoden, Sasi Kumar V, Sampath S, Murali Das and Mohan Kumar G, 2008: Diurnal and spatial variations of condensation particles in Kerala, South India, Current Science,94, 233-237.
6.Hamza V. and Babu C A, 2007: Diurnal Structure of Monsoon Boundary Layer, J. Marine Atmos. Res., 3, 51-59.
5.Hamza V, Babu C A and Sabin T P, 2007: Characteristic study of the Boundary Layer Parameters over the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal Using the QuikSCAT Dataset. Adv. Atmos. Sci., 24, 631-643.
4. Babu C A, Hamza V, P. K. Kunhikrishnan and Sabin T P, 2007: Characteristics of oscillation in surface layer and above over Kochi, J. Marine Atmos. Res., 3, 59-63.
3. Hamza V and Babu, 2007: Boundary layer characteristics associated with sea breeze circulation over Cochin, Mausam, 58, 75-86.
2. Babu C A and Hamza V, 2007: Characteristics of ABL during active and weak phases of monsoon, Vayumandal,33, 111-119.
1. Hamza V and Babu C A, 2007: Recent change in the rainfall trend and associated characteristics with good and bad monsoons years, Vayumandal,33, 105-110.
Proceedings, Books, Research Reports
1.Babu C A, A. A. Samah and Hamza Varikoden: Rainfall climatology over middle east region and its variability, proceedings of 4th International Conference on Water Resources and Arid Environments, 90-102
2.Babu C.A., Hamza V. and Joseph P.V: A thunderstorm of long duration over Kerala in February, proceedings of INTROMET 2004.
3.Hamza V. and C. A. Babu: Moisture transport during active and weak phases of monsoon, proceedings of METOC-2004.
4.Joseph P V, Babu C A and Hamza V: Monsoon Low Level Jetstream and surface wind gustiness, proceedings of METOC-2004.
5.Hamza V, Babu C A and Sabin T P: Surface turbulence features associated with the sea breeze circulation over Kochi, proceedings of KEC-2005.
6.Babu C A, Hamza V and Sabin T P: Mud bank (Chakara) formation off coastal Kerala: A meteorological view, proceedings of KEC-2005.
7.Sabin T. P., C.A. Babu and Hamza V: Coherence of SST off Kerala with Kerala rainfall and its comparison with all India rainfall,proceedings of KEC-2005.
8. Hamza V, Abish B, Sasi Kumar V, Sampath S, Murali Das and Mohan Kumar G: Diurnal variation of Cloud base height at Thiruvananthapuram: Preliminary findings, proceedings of XIX Kerala Science Congress-2007.
9. Hamza Varikoden and C. A Babu, Atmospheric Boundary Layer Dynamics: During Different Phases of Indian Summer Monsoon Publisher: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing ISBN-13: 9783845438306 Publication date: 8/30/2011Pages: 164