Membership of International / National Scientific Professional Bodies
Member, American Meteorological Society
Member, American Geophysical Union
19. Vellore, R., M. Kaplan, R. Krishnan, J. Lewis, S. Sabade, N. Deshpande, B. Singh, R. Madhura, M.V.S. Rama Rao(2015): Monsoon-extratropical circulation interactions in Himalayan extreme rainfall. Climate Dynamics, DOI:10.1007/s00382-015-2784-x, 30pp.
18. Krishnan, R., T.P. Sabin, R. Vellore, M. Mujumdar, J. Sanjay, B.N. Goswami, F. Hourdin, J. Dufresne, P. Terray(2015): Deciphering the desiccation trend of the south Asian monsoon hydroclimate in a warming world., Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-015-2886-5, 21pp.
17. Tiwari, Y., R.Vellore, K. R. Kumar, M. V. Schoot, and C.-Ho Cho, (2014): Influence of monsoons on atmospheric CO2 spatial variability and ground-based monitoring over India. Submitted to the Science of the Total Environment.
16. Koracin, D., R. Belu, B. Canadillas, K. Horvath, R. Vellore, C. Smith, J. Jiang, and T. McCord (2014) - A review of challenges in assessment of forecasting of wind resources, Croatian Meteorological Journal, 47,13-33.
15. Vellore, R., R. Krishnan, A. Choudhury, J. Pendharkar, and T. Sabin (2014) - On anomalous precipitation enhancement over the foothills of the Himalayas during break monsoons. Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-013-2024-1.
14. Kaplan, M., R. Vellore, J. Lewis, J. Underwood, P. Pauley, J. Martin, and R. Krishnan (2013): Subtropical-polar jet interactions in High Plains dust storms, J. Geophysical Research, 118, 12893–12914, doi:10.1002/2013JD020345.
13. Tiwari, Y., V. Valsala, R. Vellore, and R. K. Kunchala, (2013): Effectiveness of surface monitoring stations in representing regional CO2 emissions over India, Climate Research, 121–129, doi: 10.3354/cr01149.
12. Kaplan, M., R. Vellore, J. Lewis, J. Underwood, P. Pauley, J. Martin, and R. Krishnan (2013) - Re-examination of the I-5 dust storm, J. Geophysical Res., DOI: 10.1002/jgrd.50131
11. Kaplan, M. L., R. K. Vellore, P. J. Marzette, and J. M. Lewis (2012): The role of diabatic heating in Sierra Nevada spillover precipitation. Hydromet., 13, 1172-1194, doi: 10.1175/JHM-D-11-06.1, 1172-1194.
10. Horvath, K., D. Koracin, R. Vellore, J. Jiang, and R. Belu, (2012): Sub-kilometer dynamical downscaling of near-surface winds in complex terrain using WRF and MM5 mesoscale models, Journal of Geophysical Research, doi:10.1029/2012JD017432.
9. Kaplan, M. L., R. Vellore, J. M. Lewis, (2011): The role of unbalanced mesoscale circulations in dust storms. Journal of Geophysical Research, 116, D23101, doi:10.1029/2011JD016218.
8. Koračin, D., R. Vellore, D. H. Lowenthal, J. G. Watson, J. Koracin, T. McCord, D. W. DuBois, L.W-A. Chen, N. Kumar, E. M. Knipping, N. Wheeler, K. Craig, and S. Reid (2011): Regional source identification using Lagrangian stochastic particle dispersion and HYSPLIT back trajectory models, J. Air and Waste Management Association, 61, 660-672.
7. Lewis, J. M., M. L. Kaplan, R. Vellore, R. M. Rabin, J. Hallett, and S. Cohn, (2011): Dust storm over the Black Rock Desert: Large scale dynamic signatures, Journal of Geophysical Research, 116, D06113, doi:10.1029/2010JD014784.
6. Lowenthal, D.H., J. G. Watson, D. Koračin, L.-W. A.Chen, D. Dubois, R. Vellore, N. Kumar, E. M. Knipping, N. Wheeler, K. Craig, and S. Reid, 2010: Evaluation of regional scale receptor modeling. Journal of the Air and Waste Management Association, 60, 26-42.
5. Paklar, Gordana, N. Žagar, M. Žager, R. Vellore, D. Koračin, P-M. Poulain, M. Orlić, , I. Vibilić. and V. Dadić, 2008: Modeling the trajectories of satellite-tracked drifters in the Adriatic during summertime Bora event. Journal of Geophysical Research, 113, C11S04, doi: 10.1029/2007JC004536.
4. Vellore, R., D. Koračin, M. Wetzel, S. Chai and Q. Wang, 2007: Challenges in mesoscale prediction of nocturnal stratocumulus-topped marine boundary layer predictions in the U.S. West Coast during DYCOMS II and implications for operational forecasting. Weather and Forecasting, 22, 1101-1122.
3. Vellore, R., D. Koračin and M. Wetzel, 2006: A method of improving cloud predictions for real-time weather forecasting and visualization. Advances in Visual Computing. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4292, G. Bebis et al. (Eds.), Part II, Springer-Verlag, 544-553.
2. Grubisić, V., R. Vellore, and A. H. Huggins, 2005: Quantitative precipitation forecasting of winter storms in the Sierra Nevada: Sensitivity to the microphysical parameterization and horizontal resolution. Monthly Weather Review, 133, 2834-2859.
1. Joshi, P.C. and R. Vellore, 1996: Infrared remote sensing of total ozone content around Indian region. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 17, 393-397.