Membership of International / National Scientific Professional Bodies
Member, American Meteorological Society
Member, American Geophysical Union
33. Vellore, R., J. Bisht, R. Krishnan U. Uppara, G. Di Capua, D. Coumou (2019): Sub-synoptic circulation variability in the Himalayan precipitation event during June 2013. Submitted to Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics.
32. Uppara, U., R. Vellore, R. Krishnan, A. D. Choudhury, J. Bisht, G. Di Capua, D. Coumou, R. Donner (2019): Meridionally extending anomalous wavetrain over Asia during breaks in the Indian summer monsoon, Currently under review.
31. Di Capua, G., M. Kretschmer, A. Alessandri, R. Donner, R. van den Hurk, R. Vellore, R. Krishnan, D. Coumou (2019): Tropical and mid-latitude teleconnections interacting with the Indian summer monsoon rainfall: A theory-guided causal effect network approach. Earth System Dynamics, Currently under review.
30. Di Capua, G., M. Kretschmer, A. Alessandri, R. Donner, R. van den Hurk, R. Vellore, R. Krishnan, D. Coumou (2019): Long-lead empirical forecasts of the Indian summer monsoon rainfall based on causal precursors. Weather and Forecasting, Currently under review.
29. Ravi Kumar, K., R. Attada, H. Dasari, R. Vellore, Y.O. Abualnaja, K. Ashok, I. Hoteit (2019). On the recent amplification of dust over the Arabian peninsula. J. Geophy. Res., (Accepted)
28. Krishnan, R., A. B. Shrestha, G. Ren, R. Rajbhandari, S. Saeed, J. Sanjay, M. A. Syed, R. Vellore, Y. Xu, Q. You and Y. Ren (2019): Unraveling Climate change in the Hindu Kush Himalaya: Rapid Warming in the Mountains and Increasing extremes. In "The Hindu Kush Himalaya Assessment - Mountains, Climate Change, Sustainability and People, (Ed.,) P. Wester et al.", pages 57-98.
27. Krishnan, R., P. Swapna, R. Vellore, S. Nayansetti, A.G. Prajeesh, A. D. Choudhury, M. Singh, T. Sabin, J. Sanjay (2019): The IITM Earth System Model (ESM): Development and Future Roadmap. In "Current Trends in the Representation of Physical Processes in Weather and Climate (Ed.,) D. A. Randall et al.", pages 183-196.
26. Hingmire, R. Vellore, R. Krishnan, N. V. Ashtikar, B. B. Singh, S. Sabade, R. K. Madhura (2019): Widespread fog over the Indo-Gangetic Plains and possible links to boreal teleconnections. Climate Dynamics, 52, 5477-5506.
25. Krishnan, R., T. P. Sabin, R. K. Madhura, R. Vellore, M. Mujumdar, J. Sanjay, S. Nayak, M. Rajeevan (2019): Non-monsoonal precipitation response over the western Himalayas to climate change. Climate Dynamics, 52, 4091-4109.
23. Ravi Kumar K., R. Attada, H. Prasad, R. Vellore, S. Langdon, I. Hoteit (2018). Aerosol optical depth variability over the Arabian Peninsula as inferred from satellite measurements (2018). Atmospheric Environment, 187, 346-357.
22. Choudhury, A.D., R. Krishnan, M.V.S. Ramarao, R. Vellore, M. Singh (2018): A phenomenological paradigm for midtropospheric cyclogenesis in the Indian summer monsoon. Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 75, 2931-2954.
21. Swapna, P., R. Krishnan, N. Sandeep, A. G. Prajeesh, Choudhury, A.D., S. Manmeet, R. Vellore (2018): Long-term climate simulations using the IITM-Earth System Model (IITM-ESMv2) with focus on the south Asian monsoon. Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, 10, 1127-1149.
20. Ravi Kumar, K, Y. K. Tiwari, J. V. Revadekar, R. Vellore, T. Guha (2016): Impact of ENSO on variability of AIRS retrieved CO2 over India. Atmospheric Environment, 142, 83-92.
19. Vellore, R., M. Kaplan, R. Krishnan, J. Lewis, S. Sabade, N. Deshpande, B. Singh, R. Madhura, M.V.S. Rama Rao (2016): Monsoon-extratropical circulation interactions in Himalayan extreme rainfall. Climate Dynamics, 46, 3517-3546.
18. Krishnan, R., T.P. Sabin, R. Vellore, M. Mujumdar, J. Sanjay, B.N. Goswami, F. Hourdin, J. Dufresne, P. Terray (2016): Deciphering the desiccation trend of the south Asian monsoon hydroclimate in a warming world., Climate Dynamics, 47, 1007-1027.
17. Tiwari, Y., R.Vellore, K. R. Kumar, M. V. Schoot, and C.-Ho Cho, (2014): Influence of monsoons on atmospheric CO2 spatial variability and ground-based monitoring over India. Science of the Total Environment, 490, 570-578.
16. Koracin, D., R. Belu, B. Canadillas, K. Horvath, R. Vellore, C. Smith, J. Jiang, T. McCord (2014): A review of challenges in assessment of forecasting of wind resources. Croatian Meteorological Journal, 47, 13-33.
15. Vellore, R., R. Krishnan, J. Pendharkar, A. D. Choudhury, T. Sabin (2014): On anomalous precipitation enhancement over the foothills of the Himalayas during break monsoons. Climate Dynamics, 43, 2009-2031.
14. Kaplan, M., R. Vellore, J. Lewis, J. Underwood, P. Pauley, J. Martin, R. Krishnan (2013): Subtropical-polar jet interactions in the High Plains dust storms, J. Geophy. Res., 118, 12893-12914.
13. Tiwari, Y., V. Valsala, R. Vellore, R. K. Kunchala (2013): Effectiveness of surface monitoring stations in representing regional CO2 emissions over India. Climate Research, 56(2), 121-129.
12. Kaplan, M., R. Vellore, J. Lewis, J. Underwood, P. Pauley, J. Martin, R. Krishnan (2013): Re-examination of the I-5 dust storm. J. Geophy. Res., 118, 627-642.
11. Kaplan, M., R. Vellore, P. J. Marzette, J. M. Lewis (2012): The role of diabatic heating in Sierra Nevada spillover precipitation. J. Hydromet., 13, 1172-1194.
10. Horvath, K., D. Koracin, R. Vellore, J. Jiang, R. Belu (2012): Sub-kilometer dynamical downscaling of near-surface winds in complex terrain using WRF and MM5 mesoscale models. J. Geophy. Res., 117, D11111, doi:10.1029/2012JD017432.
9. Kaplan, M., R. Vellore, J. Lewis (2011): The role of unbalanced mesoscale circulations in dust storms. J. Geophy. Res., 116, D23101, doi:10.1029/2011JD016218.
8. Koracin, D., R. Vellore, D. H. Lowenthal, J. G. Watson, J. Koracin, T. McCord, D. W. DuBois, L.W-A. Chen, N. Kumar, E. M. Knipping, N. Wheeler, K. Craig, S. Reid (2011): Regional source identification using Lagrangian stochastic particle dispersion and HYSPLIT backtrajectory models. Journal of Air and Waste Management Association, 61, 660-672.
7. Lewis, J., M. Kaplan, R. Vellore, R. Rabin, J. Hallett, S. Cohn (2011): Dust storm over the Black Rock Desert: Large-scale dynamic signatures. J. Geophy. Res., 116, D06113, doi:10.1029/2010JD014784.
6. Lowenthal, D., J. Watson, D. Koracin, L.W. Chen, D. Dubois, R. Vellore, N. Kumar, E. M. Knipping, N. Wheeler, K. Craig, S. Reid (2010): Evaluation of regional scale receptor modeling. Journal of the Air and Waste Management Association, 60, 26-42.
5. Paklar, G., N. Zagar, M. Zager, R. Vellore, D. Koracin, P. M. Poulain, M. Orlic, I. Vibilic, V. Dadic (2008): Modeling the trajectories of satellite-tracked drifters in the Adriatic during summertime Bora event. J. Geophy. Res., 113, C11S04, doi:10.1029/2007JC004536.
4. Vellore, R., D. Koracin, M. Wetzel, S. Chai, Q. Wang (2007): Challenges in mesoscale prediction of nocturnal stratocumulus-topped marine boundary layer in the U. S. West Coast during DYCOMS II and implications for operational forecasting. Weather and Forecasting, 22, 1101-1122.
3. Vellore, R., D. Koracin, M. Wetzel (2006): A method of improving cloud predictions for real-time weather forecasting and visualization. Advances in Visual computing. Lecture notes in Computer Science 4292, (Ed.,) G. Bebis, Springer Verlag, 544-553.
2. Grubisic, V., R. Vellore, A. H. Huggins (2005): Quantitative precipitation forecasting of winter storms in the Sierra Nevada: Sensitivity to microphysical parameterization and horizontal resolution. Monthly Weather Review, 133, 2384-2859.
1. Joshi, P. C., and R. Vellore (1996): Infrared remote sensing of total ozone content around the Indian region. Int. J. Remote Sensing, 17, 393-397.