Regular Training for Research Fellows in Co-ordination with DESK
- Comprehensive Training in Atmospheric / Ocean Sciences
- Sem-I (4 months duration from August – November)
- Sem-II (4 months duration from January – April)
- Implementation of M. Tech. (Atmos. and Space Sci.) programme of Pune University.
- Co-ordination for M. Tech., M. Sc. & B. E. project work of different universities (Pune, Cochin, Andhra, Tirupati etc.)
Areas of Training
As per requirement special advanced training on specific topics will be conducted for group of students / scientists for development of research.
- General circulation, climate and climate variability
- Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
- Numerical Methods and Modelling of Atmospheric and Oceanic processes
- Physical Meteorology,
- Atmosphere-Ocean Interaction
- Tropical Convection
- Observational Techniques
- Computational Methods (mathematical and statistical methods)
M.Tech. (Atmos.Sci) Programme of Pune university :
There exist an MoU between IITM and University of Pune for implementating the M.Tech.(Atmos.Sci.) programme. IITM gives a few scholarships to students who take Projects in IITM during the second year. Recently Pune University management council approved inclusion of IITM name in the M.Tech.result (Mark-List) from the 19th batch of 2007-2008.
About 12 scientists of IITM contribute in the M.Tech. teaching programme of Pune University.
M.Tech.(Atmos.Sci) Programme of Other University : Only for Project work.
- Ph. D. Admission & Follow-up with Pune University
- Provisional admission
- Proposal presentation report to university
- Admission confirmation
- To issue eligibility certificate.
- To determine Ph. D. fee structure.
- To ensure submission of periodic progress reports.
- Synopsis submission
- Follow up for referee panel approval
Training to external organizations
- Contribution by IITM Scientist for teaching/deliver talks at various organization (IMD, IAT, DRDO etc.).
- Organization of summer and winter schools to excite young generation in the field of Atmospheric Science.
- Atmospheric Science popularization in the society.