i. Life time Member Indian Meteorological Society (IMS).
ii. Life Member Indian Ocean Society (IOS).
Recognized as Ph.D. Guide by Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) for the Period 2015-2023.
3. Reviewer Assignments
Reviewed research articles for
2. Advances in Meteorology.
3. Asia Pacific journal of Atmospheric Sciences
4. Aerosols and Air quality research
5. International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry
6. Journal of Geophysical Research
7. Journal of Environmental Sciences
4. International collaborations
1. Collaboration with ICTP, Italy as Young Associate (Collaborator: Dr. Fabien Solomon).
2. Collaboration with Group of Environmental Research, Pukyong National University, Busan, Korea (Collaborator: Prof. Dong –In Lee).
5. Academic Activities:
Teaching: Worked as part time Lecturer, Pukyong National University, Busan, South Korea.
(Academic Lecture Course offered: Aerosol- Radiation-cloud physics, advanced air pollution diffusion for Master Course in Atmospheric sciences).
6. Guidance to Students :
(1)Working as Co-Guide of Mr. Sunil Sonbawne for his Ph.D. thesis on “Aerosols characteristics and their Radiative Forcing over Arctic Region atNy- ALESUND “ (Registration inSavitribhai Phule Pune University (SPPU)) (2014- Present)
(2)Working as Guide of Ms. Aditi Rathod for her MSc dissertation on “Direct radiative forcing of Elemental and Organic carbon over Jabalpur and Udipur “ (Savitribhai Phule Pune University (SPPU))(2015- Present).
26. Panicker A.S., Sandeep K., Negi R.S., Gautham A.S., Bhist D.S., Beig G., Murthy B.S., Latha R., Singh S., Das S., Estimates of carbonaceous aerosol radiative forcing over a semiurban environment in Garhwal Himalayas, Pure and Applied Geophysics, 176, November 2019, DOI:10.1007/s00024-019-02248-7, 5069-5078
25. Panicker A.S., Sandeep K., Gautam A.S., Gandhi N., Beig G., Nainwal H.C., Rao P.S.P., Safai P.D., Das S., Waghmare V., Chemical composition and isotopic signatures of ice and snow over a Himalayan Glacier (Satopanth) in India, SN applied sciences, 1:1166, October 2019, DOI:10.1007/s42452-019-0966-6, 1-7
24. Pervez S., Verma M., Tiwari Suresh, Chakrabarty R.K., Watson J.G., Chow J.C., Panicker Abhilash S., Deb M.K., Siddiqui M.N., Pervez Y.F., Household solid fuel burning emission characterization and activity levels in India, Science of the Total Environment, 654, March 2019, DOI:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.11.019, 493–504
23. Krishna R.K., Panicker A.S., Yusuf A.M., Beig G., On the contribution of particulate matter (PM2.5) to direct radiative forcing over two urban environments in India, Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 19, February 2019, DOI:10.4209/aaqr.2018.04.0128, 399-410
22. Sahu R.K., Pervez S., Chow J.C., Watson J.G., Tiwari Suresh , Panicker Abhilash S , Chakrabarty R.K., Pervez Y. F., Temporal and spatial variations of PM2.5 organic and elemental carbon in Central India, Environmental Geochemistry and Health, 40, October 2018, DOI:10.1007/s10653-018-0093-0, 2205–2222
21. Panicker A.S., Rathod A., Beig G., Ali K., Solmon F., Radiative forcing of carbonaceous aerosols over two urban environments in Northern India, Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 18, April 2018, DOI:10.4209/aaqr.2017.01.0056, 884-894
20. Singh S., Tiwari S., Hopke P.K., Zhou C., Turner J.R, Panicker A.S., Singh P.K., Ambient black carbon particulate matter in the coal region of Dhanbad, India, Science of the Total Environment, 615, February 2018, DOI:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.09.307, 955-963
19. Vizaya Bhaskar V., Soni V.K., Panicker A.S., Long term characteristics of aerosols over Pune, central India - Effect on radiative forcing, Mausam, 68, January 2017, 119-130
18. Panicker, A.S., K.Ali ,G. Beig, Sarita, Y (2015), Characterization of Particulate matter and Carbonaceous aerosols over Two urban Environments in Northern India, Aerosol and Air quality Research, 15 doi: 10.4209/aaqr.2015.04.0253,2584–2595.
17. Kaushar Ali, A.S. Panicker and G. Beig, P.Acharya (2015), Carbonaceous aerosols over Pune and Hyderabad (India) and influence of meteorological factors, Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry, DOI: 10.1007/s10874-015-9314-4, 1-29.
16. Srinivas, R., A.S. Panicker, N. Parki and G. Beig, S.K.Peshin (2015), Sensitivity of Online Coupled Model to Extreme Pollution Event over a Mega City Delhi, Journal of Atmospheric pollution research, DOI: 10.1016/j.apr.2015.07.001
15. Konwar, M., A. S. Panicker, D. Axisa, and T. V. Prabha (2015), Near-cloud aerosols in monsoon environment and its impact on radiative forcing, Journal of Geophysical Research., 120, doi:10.1002/2014JD022420 ,1445-1457.
14. Tiwari, S., U.C. Dumka, Kascoutis, Kirpa Ram, A.S. Panicker, M.K. Srivastava, S.Tiwari, S.D. Attri, V.K.Soni, A.K. Pandey (2015), Aerosol chemical characterization and role of carbonaceous aerosol on radiative forcing over Varanasi in central Indo-Gangetic Plain, Atmospheric Environment,doi : 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2015.07.031.
13. Panicker, A. S., G. Pandithurai, G. Beig, Dongchul Kim, Dong-In Lee (2014), Aerosol modulation of Ultra violet radiation dose over Metro cities in India, Advances in Meteorology, doi:10.1155/2014/202868, 1-5.
12. Panicker, A. S., G. Pandithurai, P.D.Safai, S. Dipu, T. V. Prabha and M. Konwar (2014), Observations of Black Carbon induced semidirect effect over Northeast India, Atmospheric Environment 98, 685-692.
11. S. Dipu, G. Pandithurai, A. S. Panicker and T. Takamura and D.I. Lee (2014), An assessment of cloud microphysics retrieval from ground-based transmittance measurements and development of improved retrievals, Advances in Meteorology, 10.1155/2014/849279, 1-8.
10. Rahul,P.R.C, Bhawar, R.L, Ayantika.D, Panicker.A.S, Safai,P.D, Thara.P, Padma Kumari and Raju.M.P (2014), Aircraft measurements detect two layers of summertime Black Carbon aerosols that escalate warming in the Brahmaputra River Valley, Nature Scientific Reports, doi:10.1038/srep03670.
9. Panicker, A. S. , Sung-Hwa Park, Dong-In Lee, Dong-Chul Kim , Woon-Seon Jung, Sang-Min Jang, Jong-Hoon Jeong, Dong-Soon Kim, Jegyu Yu, Harrison Jeong (2013), Observations of Black Carbon characteristics and radiative forcing over a Global Atmosphere Watch supersite in Korea, Atmospheric Environment, 77,DOI:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2013.04.020, 98-104.
8. Jung, W.S., A.S.Panicker, S. Park and D.I Lee (2013), Estimates of aerosol indirect effect from Terra MODIS over South Korea, Advances in Meterology , ID 976813,. doi:10.1155/2013/976813, 1-8.
7. Divya E. Surendran, G. Beig, Sachin D. Ghude, A. S. Panicker, M.G. Manoj, D. M. Chate, and K. Ali (2013), Radiative Forcing of Black Carbon over Delhi, International Journal of Photoenergy, DOI: /10.1155/2013/313652, ID 313652, 1-7.
6. Panicker A.S., Lee, D.I., Kumkar, Y.V., Kim, D., Maki, M., Uyeda, H., (2013), Decadal climatological trends of aerosol optical parameters over three different environments in South Korea, International Journal of Climatology, 33, DOI:10.1002/joc.3557, 1909.
5. Park, S., A.S. Panicker, Lee, D.-I., Jung, W.-S., Jang, S.-M., Jang, M., Kim, D., Kim, Y.-W., Jeong, H (2010), Characterization of aerosol chemical properties over Anmyeon Do, A GAW site in Korea, J. Atmos. Chemistry, 67:71–86, DOI 10.1007/s10874-011-9205-2.
4. Panicker, A. S., G. Pandithurai, P. D. Safai, S. Dipu and Dong-In Lee (2010), On the contribution of black carbon to the composite aerosol radiative forcing over an urban environment, Atmospheric Environment, 44, 3066-3070, doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2010.04.047.
3. Panicker, A. S., G. Pandithurai, and S. Dipu (2010), Aerosol indirect effect during Successive contrasting monsoon years over Indian sub continent: using MODIS data, Atmospheric Environment, 44, 1937-1943, doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2010.02.015.
2. Panicker, A. S., G. Pandithurai, T. Takamura and R. T. Pinker (2009), Aerosol effects in the UV-B Spectral region over Pune, an Urban Site in India, Geophysical Research Letters., 36, L10802 doi: 10.1029/2009 GL037632.
1. Panicker, A. S., G. Pandithurai, P. D. Safai, and S. Kewat (2008), Observations of enhanced aerosol longwave radiative forcing over an urban environment, Geophysical Research Letters. 35, L04817, doi: 10.1029/2007GL032879.
5. Abhilash S. Panicker and Dong-In Lee (Editors) (2013), Air pollution: Monitoring, Impacts And Mitigation Strategies ISBN: 978-81-308-0488-0 , Research Signspot Publishers.
4. A. S. Panicker and Dong-In Lee (2013), Air pollution: Pollutants, environmental and societal impacts (Chapter 5), Book: Air pollution: Monitoring, Impacts and Mitigation strategies, Editors: Abhilash S. Panicker and Dong-In Lee, Research Signspot publishers, ISBN: 978-81-308-0488-0, pp 81-99.
3. G. Pandithurai and A.S. Panicker (2013), Aerosol climate effects (Chapter6), Book: Air pollution: Monitoring, Impacts and Mitigation strategies, Editors: Abhilash S. Panicker and Dong-In Lee, Research Signspot publishers, ISBN:978-81-308-0488-0, pp 101-118.
2. Abhilash S. Panicker and Dong-In Lee (2011), A review of Modeling approaches accounting for aerosol impacts on climate (Chapter 11), Book: “ Climate Models", Edited by: Leonard Druyan, Intech Publishers, Croatia, ISBN 979-953-307-338, pp249-274.
1. Abhilash S. Panicker, G .Pandithurai and Dong-In Lee (2010), Investigation of aerosol direct and indirect climate effects using ground and satellite remote sensing data, LAMBERT Academic publishing, Germany, ISBN:978-3-8383-9690-3.
11. A.S. Panicker , G. Pandithurai, P.D.Safai, S. Dipu (2013), Enhanced Blackcarbon radiative forcing over an urban Environment, ACCENT Plus symposium, Urbino, Italy.
10. A.S. Panicker, S. Park and Dong-In Lee (2011), Black carbon radiative forcing over a GAW site in Korea, ICTP workshop, Trieste, Italy.
9. A.S. Panicker, G. Pandithurai, T.Takamura nad Dong-In Lee, Short wave versus long wave aerosol forcing over an urban environement (2010), CEReS Symposium, Okinawa, Japan.
8. A.S. Panicker, G. Pandithurai and S. Dipu, Aerosol indirect effect over Indian region during successive contrasting monsoon seasons (2010), Proc. IASTA 2010, Bose Institute, Darjeeling, pp171-175.
7.S. Dipu, G. Pandithurai and A.S. Panicker, On the association between cloud droplet spectral dispersion and number concentrations over different environments in India (2010), Proc. IASTA 2010, Bose Institute, Darjeeling, pp53-57.
6. S. Dipu, A.S. Panicker and G. Pandithurai, Large diffreneces in cloud droplet spectral dispersion over Pathankot, Hyderabad and Bangalore as observed during CAIPEEX (2009), Proc. CAIPEEX phase-1, IITM, Pune, pp 9-13.
5. P. D. Safai, G. Pandithurai, M.P. Raju, A.S. Panicker, K.B. Budhavant, P.S.P. Rao, P.C.S.Devara, R. S. Maheshkumar and J. R. Kulkarni, Preliminary results on vertical profiles of Black Carbon aerosols and heating rates due to Black Carbon over Bangalore and Hyderabad (2009), Proc. CAIPEEX phase-1,IITM, Pune, pp 89-93.
4. A. S. Panicker and G .Pandithurai (2007), Observations of Aerosol radiative forcing in the long wave spectral region, Proc. METOC-2007, Naval Research Laboratory, Cochin, pp 59-66.
3. A.S. Panicker, G. Pandithurai, P.C.S. Devara, P. Ernest Raj and R. T. Pinker (2007), Observations of aerosol effects in the UV-B spectral region, Proc. IASTA-2007, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi , pp 348-350.
2. G. Pandithurai, P. Kulkarni and A.S .Panicker (2007), Aerosol – Cloud interaction inferred from MODIS satellite Data over Indian region, Proc. IASTA-2007, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi, pp 25-27.
1. S.Kewat, P. D. Safai, P. S. P. Rao, G. A. Momin, K. Ali and A. S. Panicker (2006),Characteristics of aerosols over the marine regions surrounding India, Proc. Tropmet-2006,IITM,Pune,VolII,pp f35-36.
M. Tech./M.Sc/ B.Tech/ CAT/IMD students guided: 06
Name of student
Anand babu Amare
Surface and sub-surface temperature trends in the north Indian Ocean and role of Oceanic processes
M.Tech Awarded (2015)
Dynamics of Mesoscale eddies in Bay of Bengal and their impact on Atmosphere
M.Tech Awarded (2015)
Prediction of Indian Summer Monsoon in the NCEP CFSv2: Role of Ocean Initial Conditions
M.Tech Awarded (2016)
Dept. Atmospheric & Space Sciences, Savitribai Phule Pune University
Study of intraseasonal variations in the Bay of Bengal using OMNI buoy data
ESSO-Advance Training course Trainee guided: IITM- Pune
Impact of Grid Resolution on Ocean Model Simulation
B.Tech (Summer Internship Project Report- 2016 )
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and CommunicationTechnology
Shobhit Singh Baghel
Study of Sea Level for Mumbai, Cochin, Vizag and Karwar
Advanced Meteorological Training Course, Batch-175, (2015)