Academic year 2005-2006, Title of Adjunct professor of the Department of Atmospheric and Space Sciences, University of Pune
Teaching M.Tech. (Atmospheric Science) course of University of Pune on
topic “Climate modeling ", from 1994 till 2012.
Presented paper in the ‘Conference on Non-linear phenomena in Global Climate dynamics”, at Abdus Salam international Centre for theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy in 26-29 September,2000.
Presented paper in the “Workshop on Climate Variability in 20th Century”, at Abdus Salam International Centre for theoretical Physics, Trieste,Italy in 19 April-2 May, 2004.
Research Oriented Training in Meteorology at IITM, Pune from Dec 1992-Sep 1993. Received award for third rank.
Intensive course on “Modeling of Oceanic and Atmospheric processes”, at CSIR center for Mathematical Modeling And Computer Simulation, NAL, Bangalore, Nov. 1994
SERC School ( 1st and 2nd on Geophysical fluid dynamics) at IITM in 1994 and 1995.
UK-INDIA workshop on “Regional Climate Change, Variability and Impacts: scientific perspectives”, at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune, 23-27 January,2006.
Course in “Direct Trainer Skills at central training Institute, India Meteorological Department, Pune, 20-24July,2007.
Workshop on “Modeling the land surface climate and climate change in India”, at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,Pune, 25-28 March,2008.
Course in “Experiencing Learning Tool”(Formerly known as “Direct Trainer's skills course-II”) at central training Institute, India Meteorological Department, Pune, 18-22 July,2011.
National conferences attended
TROPMET-1999,National symposium on 'Meteorology beyond 2000', at India Meteorological Department, Chennai,16-19Feb.1999.
TROPMET-2000,National symposium on 'Ocean and Atmosphere', at Cochin university,Cochin,,1-4Feb.2000.
TROPMET-2002,National symposium on 'Forecasting and mitigation of Meteorological Disasters: Tropical cyclones, Floods and Droughts', at India Meteorological Department, Bhubaneswar,Orisaa,,11-14Feb.2002.
Indian Geophysical Union 39th annual convention and meeting on “Sustainability Sceince and Environmental Geophysics”, at National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur,4-6October,2002.
TROPMET-2006,National symposium on “Role of Meteorology in National Development', at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,Pune,21-23November,2006.
5. Mandke Sujata, Sahai, A. K., Shinde, M.A., Joseph, S. & Chattopadhay, R., “Simulated changes in active/break spells during Indian summer monsoon due to enhanced CO2 concentrations: Assessment from selected coupled atmosphere-ocean global climate models”, International Journal of climatology,27,7,2007,837-859.
4. Mandke, Sujata K. and Bhide, U. V. "Decreasing storm frequency over Bay of Bengal", Journal of Indian geophysical Union, 7, 2, 2003, 53-58.
3. Waliser, D.E., Jin, K., I-S Kang, Stern, W.F., Schubert, S.D., Wu, M. L. C., Lau, K-M, Lee, H.I., Krishnamurthy, V., Kitoh, A., Meehl, G. A., Galin, V.Y., Satyan, V., Mandke, Sujata K., Wu G., Liu Y., Park C.K., “AGCM simulation of intraseasonal variability associated with Asian Summer Monsoon”, Climate Dynamics, 21, 5-6, 2003,423-446.
2. Ashrit, R., Mandke,Sujata K. and Soman, M.K., “Sensitivity of GCM simulation of two contrasting monsoons to SST anomaly distributions”, Theoretical & Applied Climatology, 64, 1 &2, 1999, 57-64.
1. Mandke, Sujata K., Soman, M. K. & Satyan, V., “Impact of convective downdrafts in a GCM on the simulated mean Indian summer monsoon & its variability”, Journal of Met. Soc. Of Japan, 77, 5, 1999, 1601-1082.
Proceedings, Books, Research Reports
20. Sahai, A.K., Mandke Sujata, K., Shinde, M.A., Chattopadhay, R., Joseph Susmitha and Goswami, B.N., “Experimental seasonal forecast of Indian Summer Monsoon 2007: Statistical and dynamical models”, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology research report no. RR-120, 2007, 1-25.
19. Mandke, Sujata K., Sahai, A.K. Shinde, M.A., Joseph, Susmitha and Chattopadhay, R., “Coupled Multi Model Response Of “Active” and “Break” Phases Of Indian Summer Monsoon To Enhanced CO2 Effect”, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology research report no. RR-112, 2006, 1-42.
18. Mandke S. K., Sahai A. K., Shinde M. A. and Joseph S., “Global warming and mean Indian summer monsoon”, Working Group on Numerical Experimentation (WGNE) Report no. 36,WMO/TD no. 1347, 2006, ((9)01-02).
17. Joseph, Sushmita, Mandke Sujata K. and Sahai, A.K., “Study and classification of Indian summer monsoon break spells based on OLR”, Proceedings of the First Prof. Ananthakrishnan Memorial Conference at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology , Pune, 2005, 72-73.
16. Mandke, Sujata,K., Sahai, A.K. and Shinde, M.A., “Dynamical ensemble seasonal forecast experiments of recent Indian summer monsoons: An assessment using new approach”, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology research report no. RR-107, 2005, 1-26.
15. Mujumdar, M., Krishnan, R., Sahai, A.K., Mandke, Sujata, K., Kulkarni, J.R., Shinde, M.,Vinay Kumar, Kripalani, R.H. and Sabade, S.S., “Monsoon 2004 - Performance of LRF: Global Modeling Aspects”, leeward news,9, 4(special issue), 2005,5-7.
14. Mandke, Sujata K. and Satyan, V., “Transient disturbances during summer monsoon 1997 simulated by an AGCM, Proceedings of TROPMET-2002, 2004, 322-329.
13. Sahai, A.K., Mandke, Sujata, K., Krishnan, R., Vinay Kumar, Mujumdar,M., Kulkarni, J. R. and Gharge, S.P., “Statistical and dynamical forecasts of summer monsoon-2003”, leeward news, 8,4, 2004,15-21.
12. Mandke, Sujata K., Ramesh, K. V., Soman, M.K. and Satyan, V., “El Niño and Indian Summer Monsoon of 1997: study with AGCMs”, proceedings of TROPMET-2001, 2002, 282-288.
11. Krishnan, R., Satyan, V., Mujumdar, M., Mandke, Sujata K. Kulkarni, J. R., Sahai, A. K., Gharge, S. P., Vaidya, V., Ramesh K. V. and Vinay Kumar, “Ensemble GCM simulations of the ISM”, Report no. 31, WMO/TD. No. 1064, 2001, 6.5-6.6.
10. Mandke, Sujata K., Ramesh, K.V. and V. Satyan, “Intercomparison of Asian Summer Monsoon 1997 simulated by Atmospheric General Circulation Model”, IITM research report no. RR-092, 2001, 1-19.
9. Mandke, Sujata K., Satyan, V. and Soman, M.K., “The 1997-98 El Niño and the Indian Summer Monsoon: A GCM study”, proceedings of TROPMET-2000, 2001, 476-479.
8. Soman, M.K.,Satyan, V., Sreerekha, T.R. & Mandke, Sujata,K., “GCM Simulations of interannual variability of Indian Summer Monsoon – Role of boundary forcing and internal dynamics”, proceedings of TROPMET-2000, 2001, 437-440.
7. Mandke, Sujata K., Ashok, K., Soman, M.K. and Satyan, V., “Prediction of Monsoon 1998 with a Grid Point Climate Model”, Proceedings of TROPMET-1999, 2000, 328-333.
6. Soman, M. K., Mandke, Sujata K. and Satyan, V., “SST boundary forcing for long-lead dynamic forecast. How good is the persistent anomaly method? Proceedings of TROPMET-1999, 2000, 323-327.
5. Soman, M. K., Mandke, Sujata, K. & Satyan, V., “Systematic errors in GCM simulations of Interannual Variability of ASM”, Extended abstracts of 12th Annual Bureau of Meteorology Research Centre (BMRC) modelling workshop on Model systematic errors, BMRC research report no. 80, 2000, 223-226.
4. Satyan,V., Krishnan, R., Soman, M.K., Kulkarni, J.R., Sahai, A.K., Ashok, K., MandkeSujata K., Mujumdar, M.,“Simulation of surface wind stress on monthly and seasonal time scales to provide forcing for driving an ocean General Circulation Model”, Report no. 30, WMO/TD. 987, 2000, 8.15-8.16.
3. Satyan,V., Soman, M.K., Krishnan, R. Kulkarni, J.R., Sahai, A.K., Mandke Sujata K., Ashok, K., Mujumdar, M., and D. R. Pattanaik, “Climate predictability and variability studies using Atmospheric General Circulation Models”, Research Highlights in Earth System Science, DST’s special volume 1 (eds. O.P. Varma and T.M. Mahadevan), Indian Geological Congress, 2000, 311-324.
2. Satyan,V., Keshavamurthy, R.N., Soman, M.K., Krishnan, R., Kulkarni, J.R., Ashok, K., Mandke Sujata K., Mujumdar, M., Pattanaik, D. R., Venkatesan, C., Gharge, S. P. and Sahai, A. K. “Monsoon predictability and variability studies using atmospheric GCMs”, SERC Research Highlights 2000, DST publication, 2000, 96-104.
1. Ashrit, R., Mandke, Sujata K. & Soman, M.K., “Monsoon simulation of 1991 & 1994 by GCM: sensitivity to SST distribution”, Indian Institute Tropical Meteorology Research report no. RR-084, 1999, 1-18.