4. Trimurtri Steel Pvt. Limited E 78 A, Bashani, Jodhpur, Rajsthan.
5. Titanium Equipment and Anode Manufacturing company limited Team house, GST, Salay, Vendular, Madras
Installation of lightning sensor under Lightning Location Network over Indian regions
Sagar kanya cruise 261, duration- 14 July to 18 Aug 2009
Measurement Atmospheric electricity at IIT Kharagpur (15Apr to 28May 2009)
Electro Dialysis (ED) plant running in Police check post on India-Pakistan Border
Selected as Fellow in the ‘Society of Earth Scientists’ Gomati Nagar Lucknow, U.P., Fellow number - F/072.
Indian institute of Technology(IIT), Kharagpur
Observation and data analysis for STORM
Defence lab, Jodhpur, DRDO
Instrumentation for Radiation Detection and Measurement
Defence lab, Jodhpur, DRDO
Water quality Assessment & Purification
Designing and printing the MoES Annual Report (English and Hindi) 2017-18’, No. - LL-17, 20 Dec.2017
Designing and printing the MoES Annual Report (English and Hindi) 2018-19’, No.- Comm./2018/64, 6 Dec. 2018
Digital Screening committee member for Project Scientist and Project Associate (Latt. No- 06/67/2019)
Papers published in refereed journals
23. Jnanesh S.P., Lal D.M., Gopalakrishnan V., Ghude S.D., Pawar S.D., Tiwari Suresh, Srivastava M.K., Lightning characteristics over humid regions and arid regions and their association with aerosols over Northern India, Pure and Applied Geophysics, Online, February 2022, DOI:10.1007/s00024-022-02981-6, 1-17
22. Mudiar D., Pawar S.D., Hazra A., Gopalakrishnan V., Lal D.M., Srivastava M.K., A laboratory investigation of electrical influence on the freezing of water drops: A cloud physics perspective, Journal of Earth System Science, 130: 222, November 2021, DOI:10.1007/s12040-021-01736-6, 1-6
21. Dhangar N.G., Lal D.M., Ghude S.D., Kulkarni R., Parde A.N., Pithani P., Niranjan K., Prasad D.S.V.V.D., Jena C., Sajjan V.S., Prabhakaran Thara, Karipot A.K., Jenamani R.K., Singh S., Rajeevan M., On the conditions for onset and development of fog over New Delhi: An observational study from the WiFEX, Pure and Applied Geophysics, 178, September 2021, DOI:10.1007/s00024-021-02800-4, 3727-3746
20. Mudiar Dipjyoti, Pawar S.D., Hazraa Anupam, Gopalkrishnan, D.M. Lal, Chakravarty Kaustav, Domkawale Manoj A., Srivastava Manoj K., Goswami B.N., Williams Earle, Lightning and precipitation: The possible electrical modification of observed raindrop size distributions, Atmospheric Research, 259, September 2021, 105663, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosres.2021.105663
19. Verma, S., Yadava, P.K., Lal D.M. et al. Role of Lightning NOx in Ozone Formation: A Review. Pure Appl. Geophys. 178, 1425–1443 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00024-021-02710-5
18. Pawar P.V., Ghude S.D., Jena C., Móring A., Sutton M.A., Kulkarni S., Lal D.M., Surendran D., Van Damme M., Clarisse L., Coheur P.-F., Liu X., Govardhan G., Xu W., Jiang J., Adhya T.K., Analysis of atmospheric ammonia over South and East Asia based on the MOZART-4 model and its comparison with satellite and surface observations, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 21, April 2021, DOI:10.5194/acp-21-6389-2021, 6389–6409
17. Sachin D. Ghude, Rama Krishna Karumuri, Chinmay Jena, Rachana Kulkarni, G.G. Pfister, Veeresh S. Sajjan, Prakash Pithani, Sreyashi Debnath, Rajesh Kumar, B. Upendra, Santosh H. Kulkarni, D.M. Lal, R.J. Vander A, Anoop S. Mahajan, What is driving the diurnal variation in tropospheric NO2 columns over a cluster of high emission thermal power plants in India?, Atmospheric Environment: X 5, (2020)100058
16. Parde A.N., Ghude S.D., Pithani P., Dhangar N.G., Nivdange S., Krishna G., Lal D.M., Jenamani R., Singh P., Jena C., Karumuri R., Safai P.D., Chate D.M., Estimation of surface particulate matter (PM 2.5 and PM 10 ) mass concentrations from ceilometer backscattered profiles, Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 20: 1640–1650, (2020) DOI:10.4209/aaqr.2019.08.0371
15. D. M. Lal, Sachin D. Ghude , M. Mahakur , R. T. Waghmare , S. Tiwari, Manoj K. Srivastava, G. S. Meena, D. M. Chate (2018) Relationship between aerosol and lightning over Indo-Gangetic Plain (IGP), India, Climate Dynamics, 50:3865–3884, DOI 10.1007/s00382-017-3851-2
14. Sachin D. Ghude,G. S. Bhat, Thara Prabhakaran, R. K. Jenamani, D. M. Chate, P. D. Safai, A. K. Karipot, M. Konwar, Prakash Pithani, V. Sinha, P. S. P. Rao, S. A. Dixit, S. Tiwari, K. Todekar, S. Varpe, A. K. Srivastava, D. S. Bisht, P. Murugavel, Kaushar Ali, Usha Mina, M. Dharua, J. Rao, B. Padmakumari, A. Hazra, N. Nigam, U. Shende, D. M. Lal, B. P. Chandra, A. K. Mishra, A. Kumar, H. Hakkim, H. Pawar, P. Acharja, Rachana Kulkarni, C. Subharthi, B. Balaji, M. Varghese, S. Bera and M. Rajeevan (2017) Winter fog experiment over the Indo-Gangetic plains of India, Current Science, Vol. 112, NO. 4, 25.
13. G. S. Meena & D. M. Lal (2016) Analysis of sunlight absorption spectra related to atmospheric trace gases in the tropics, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 37, March 2016, DOI:10.1080/01431161.2016.1151569, 1362-1375
12. Chinmay Jena, Sachin D. Ghude ,G. Beig, D.M. Chate, Rajesh Kumar, G.G. Pfister, D.M. Lal, Divya E. Surendran, S. Fadnavis, R.J. van der A (2015) Inter-comparison of different NOX emission inventories and associated variation in simulated surface ozone in Indian region, Atmospheric Environment, 117, September 2015, DOI:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2015.06.057, 61-73
11. Chinmay Jena Sachin D. Ghude , G.G. Pfister , D.M. Chate, Rajesh Kumar, G. Beig, Divya E. Surendran, S. Fadnavis, D.M. Lal (2015) Influence of springtime biomass burning in South Asia on regional ozone (O3): A model based case study, Atmospheric Environment, 100, 37-47
10. S.D.Pawar, V. Gopalakrishnan, P. Murugavel, A.Sinkevich and Deen Mani Lal (2014) Effects of environmental conditions on inducing charge structures of thunderstorms over Eastern India, Earth, Planets and Space 2014, 66:54
9. Deen Mani Lal, Sachin D. Ghude, Jagvir Singh, and Suresh Tiwari (2014) Relationship between Size of Cloud Ice and Lightning in the Tropics, Advances in Meteorology, Volume 2014, Article ID 471864, 7 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/471864
8. B.P. Singh, A. K. Srivastava, S. Tiwari, S. Singh, R. K. Singh, D. S. Bisht, D. M. Lal, A. K. Singh, R. K. Mall, andManoj K. Srivastava (2014) Radiative Impact of Fireworks at a Tropical Indian Location: A Case Study, Advances in Meteorology, Volume 2014, Article ID 197072, 8 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/197072
7. D. M. Lal , S. D. Patil ,H. N. Singh , Sachin D. Ghude , S. Tiwari , Manoj K. Srivastava (2013) Influence of aerosol on clouds over the Indo-Gangetic Plain, India, Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-013-1775-z
6. D. M. Lal, Sachin D. Ghude, S. D. Patil, Santosh H. Kulkarni, Chinmay Jena ,S. Tiwari and M.K. Srivastava, (2012), Tropospheric ozone and aerosol long-term trends over the IGP region, India. Atmospheric Res., 116 , 82–92
5. S.D. Pawar, D.M. Lal, P. Murugaveland (2012), Lightning characteristics over central India during Indian summer monsoon, Atmospheric. Res. 106, 44–49
4. D.M. Lal and S.D. Pawar,(2011), Effect of urbanization on lightning over four metropolitan cities ofIndia. Atmospheric Environment 45, 191- 196
3. Sachin D. Ghude, D. M. Lal,G. Beig, Ronald van der A. and Dipali Sabale,(2010), Rain-induced soil NOx emission from India during onset of the summer monsoon: A satellite perspective, J. Geophys. Res., , VOL. 115, D16304, doi: 10.1029/2009JD013367, 2010
2. D.M. Lal, S.D. Pawar,(2009), Relationship between rainfall and lightning over central Indian region in monsoon and pre-monsoon season , Atmospheric Research 92 402–410
1. S.D. Pawar, P. Murugvel and D.M. lal, (2009), Effect of relative humidity and see level pressure on electric conductivity of air over Indian Ocean, J. Geophys. Res., VOL. 114, D02205, doi: 10.1029/2007JD009716.
Papers published in Proccedings/ Books//Reports
22. D. M. Lal1*, S. P. Jnanesh, Manoj K. Srivastava, S. Tiwari, P. K Hopke,(2020) Aerosol-Lightning association in humid, semi-humid and arid regions over Northern India, Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) 14-16 Sep.2020, HNBGU, Garhwal, Uttarakhand
21. S. P. Jnanesh, D.M. Lal, S.D. Ghude, S. Tiwari, Manoj K. Srivastava, (2019). Lightning and Aerosol Relationship: Similarities and Differences Between Humid, Semi-humid and Arid Regions of North-india, (AS47-A004) AOGS, Singapore 28 Jul to 02 Aug 2019
20. Deen Mani Lal, M. Mahakur and Manoj K. Srivasatava (2018), Surface wind and Lightning association over Himalayan regions (A-457) INTRAMET, BHU Varanasi, 24-27 October 2018
19. M.K. Srivastava, D.M. Lal, M.Mahakur, Sachin D.ghude (2018) Lightning Activity over North Himalayas and Tibetan Plateau: Long Term Trends and Their Association with Regional Wind Dynamics, AOGS 15th Annual Meeting,03-08 Jun 2018 at the Hawaii
18. D.M. Lal (2017) Aerosol-Cloud-Lightning interaction over IGP, foothill of Himalaya, India, Workshop & Science‐Policy Dialogue ‘Air pollution, Climate and Health in Southern Asia and the Hindukush Himalaya (HKH)’ ICIMOD Headquarters in Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Nepal during 27‐30 November 2017
17. D. M. Lal, V Gopalkrishana and S.D. Pawar. (2017) Aerosols over Bay of Bengal and their relationship with wind speed and humidity, Aerosol Climate Change Connection (AC3), Bose Institute, Darjeeling, India, 25-27 April, 2017
16. Deen Mani Lal and Manoj K. Srivasatava, Association between Lightning and Surface wind over the Bay of Bengal, India, TROMET- 2016, Bhubaneswar, 18 - 21 December, 2016
15. Deen Mani Lal, Sachin D. Ghude, S. Tiwari and Manoj K. Srivasatava(2014) Relationship between aerosol and lightning over Indo Gangetic Plain (IGP), India IASTA-14 BHU, Varanas1-11-13Nov, 2014
14. दीनमणिलाल (2014)गंगा बेसिन में मानव निर्मित वायु प्रदूषण का वहाँ के बादलो पर प्रभाव IITM, Pune.
13. Deen Mani Lal and S. Tiwari (2014) Impact of anthropogenic activities on climate over Himalayan foothill, India, Second Annual Regional Atmospheric Science (SARAS) workshop Pokhara, Nepal, on 7 – 9 June 2014
12. D. M. Lal, S. D. Patil, H. N. Singh and Sachin D. Ghude (2014) Influence of aerosol on clouds over the Indo-Gangetic Plain, India, INTROMET – 2013, SRM University, Tamil Nadu
11. Deen Mani Lal and Sachin D. Ghude (2014) Relationship between aerosol and lightning over Indo-Gangetic Plain (IGP), India(2014), PS1-67,NSSS-2014, 29th January, Dibrugarh
10. D. M. Lal, S.D. Patil and Sachin D. Ghude (2013) Association between the size of cloud ice and lightning over the tropical region, Davos Atmosphere and Cryosphere Assembly DACA-13, July 8-12, 2013, Davos, Switzerland
9. D. M. Lal, S. D. Patil and H. N. Singh, (2012), Aerosol-climate interaction over Indo-Gangetic Plain (IGP), India,3rd International Conference on Earth System Modeling, Vol. , 3ICESM-20, 2012, 17-21 Sep. 2012, Hamburg, Germany.
8. D. M. Lal , S. D. Patil and Sachin D. Ghude, Effect of aerosol on changing climate over Indo-Gangetic Plain (IGP), India, Abstract No: 1480134 Paper No: A21A-0019, December 3-7(2012), AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco.
7. D. M. Lal, S. D. Patil and H. N. Singh, (2012), Influence of aerosol on clouds over the Indo- Gangetic Plain, India. National Space Science Symposium (NSSS), Tirupati, 14-17 Feb. 2012.
6. S.D. Patil, D.M. Lal and S.D. Ghude (2011), Long-Term Trend in Tropospheric Ozone and aerosol over the northeastern Gangetic Plain, India.,National Conference on Science of Climate Change and Earth’s Sustainability: Issues and Challenges ‘A Scientist-People Partnership’ 12-14 September, 2011, Lucknow.
5. S. D Pawar, V. Gopalakrishann, P. Murugavel, D. M. Lal.(2011), Inverted Polarity Charge Structure in a Severe Thunderstorm over the Eastern part of India, XIV International Conference on Atmospheric Electricity, August 08-12, 2011, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4. D. M. Lal and S. D. Pawar, (2010), The Relationship between aerosols and lightning over Indian. AEROSOLS & CLOUDS: CLIMATE CHANGE, Indian Aerosol Science and Technology Association, March 24-26, Bose Institute, Darjeeling
3. S. D. Patil, D. M. Lal and H. N. Singh, Cloud-aerosol interaction and climate change over the Indo-Gangetic region, India., EBI 2012, National Conference on Environment and Biodiversity of India, New Delhi, during 29-30th December 2012 at New Delhi.
2. S. D. Patil, B. Preethi, S. D. Bansod, H. N. Singh and D. M. Lal, Deposition of aerosol over the Indo-Gangetic Plain/Bay of Bengal and its association with Indian summer monsoon rainfall.,TROPMET-2012, Nov. 20-22, 2012,National Symposium On Frontiers of Meteorology with special reference to the Himalaya, Dehra Dun.
1. S. D. Patil, D. M. Lal, H. N. Singh and Sachin D Ghude, Influence of aerosol on the clouds and tropospheric ozone over the IGP region, India., IASTA-2012, during Dec. 11-13, Fortune Select Exotica, Mumbai
Ph.D. students guided
Name of Student
Name of University/ Institute
Title of the thesis
Narendra G. Dangar
Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Study of Physical & Thermodynamical features of FOG over NCR Delhi
Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
Effect of atmospheric electric forces on rain formation process in tropical clouds
Jnanesh S. P.
Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
Lightning Activities Over Indian regions: Its relationship with variegated weather phenomena and environmental parameters
M.Tech. students guided
Name of Student
Name of University/ Institute
Title of the thesis
Nutan Nandan Patel
Central University, South Bihar, Gaya
Association of Convective Available Potential Energy (CAPE) with Wind Shear Over Bhubaneswar Odisha, India”
H.V. Desai College, Pune
Lightning Discharge In Atmosphere By Satellite Data