Reviewed many research papers for international journals
Sponsored projects : 02 (as co-P.I)
Title of project
Duration & Period
Measurement and study of three dimensional wind and turbulence with a Doppler Sodar in the atmospheric boundary layer (co-P.I.)
2007 - 2011
Measurement and study of atmospheric surface layer turbulence, energy and CO2 fluxes during the Solar eclipse 2009 and 2010
2009 - 2010
Continuous tower measurements of met parameters on the west coast of India, Goa
2011 - 2013
Project completion reports and annual progress reports prepared and submitted to respective funding bodies
Participation in field campaigns:
Summer field campaign during May-June 2018 Indo-Norway-emission inventory campaign for collection of particulates for chemical speciation.
Particulates, surface fluxes, mixed layer height, EC/OC/BC and VOCs as part of winter field campaign of NERC-MOES (PROMOTE) during December 2018 - February 2019
Wind, Temperature, CO2/H2O flux measurements at CAIPEEX, IGOC at Mehabub Nagar, 2011 and pilot field campaign at Pune including sensor calibration checks.
Design and execution of solar eclipse field campaign for observations of surface layer fluxes and parameters in 2009 (Pune) 2010 (Thiruvanathapuram) for 15 days each in connection with solar eclipse.
CO2 density measurements in 2009 at NCAOR, Goa pre-monsoon period.
Other small field campaigns at Goa and Ranchi including continuous aerosol measurements at Ranchi, wind fields at Pune, met parameters at Goa and earlier surface measurements of atmospheric electric parameters.
Membership in Scientific Societies:
Life member of
1. Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
2. India Meteorological Society
3. Indian Aerosol Science and Technology Association
31. Panicker A.S., SandeepK., Gautam A.S., Kumar S., Beig G., Latha R., Murthy B.S., Black Carbon Characteristics over a Semi-urban Environment in the Garhwal Himalayas, Pure and Applied Geophysics,180, July 2023, DOI:10.1007/s00024-023-03311-0, 2879-2888.
30. Latha R., Bano Shahana, More Dolly, Ambulkar R., Mondal T., Maurya P., Murthy B.S., On the transition of major pollutant and O3 production regime during Covid-19 lockdowns, Journal of Environmental Management, 328: 116907, February 2023, DOI:10.1016/j.jenvman.2022.116907, 1-10
29. Latha R., Murthy B.S., Sandeepan B.S., Bhanage V., Rathod Aditi, Tiwari Arpit, Beig G., Singh S., Propagation of cloud base to higher levels during Covid-19-Lockdown , Science of the Total environment, Online, December 2020, DOI:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.144299, 1-9
28. Yadav R., Korhale N., Anand V., Rathod A., Bano S., Shinde R., Latha R., Sahu S.K., Murthy B.S., Beig G., COVID-19 lockdown and air quality of SAFAR-India metro cities, Urban Climate, 34: 100729, December 2020, DOI:10.1016/j.uclim.2020.100729
27. Beig G., Bano S., Sahu S.K., Anand V., Rathod A., Yadav R., Mangaraj P., Murthy B.S., Singh S., Latha R., Shinde R., COVID-19 and environmental -weather markers: Unfolding baseline levels and veracity of linkages in tropical India , Environmental Research, 191: 110121, December 2020, DOI:10.1016/j.envres.2020.110121
26. Murthy B.S., Latha R., Srinivas, R., Beig G., Particulate Matter and Black Carbon in the Brahmaputra Valley of Northeast India: Observations and Model Simulation., Pure and Applied Geophysics, Online, October 2020, DOI:10.1007/s00024-020-02590-1, 1-13
25. Beig G., George M.P., Sahu S.K., Rathod A., Singh S., Dole S., Murthy B.S., Latha R., Tikle S., Shinde R., Towards baseline air pollution under COVID-19: implication for chronic health and policy research for Delhi, India, Current Science, 119, October 2020, DOI: 10.18520/cs/v119/17/1178-1184, 1178-1184
24. Sandeep K ., Negi R.S., Panicker, A.S., Gautam A.S., Bhist D.S., Beig G., Murthy B.S., Latha R., Singh S., Das S., Characteristics and variability of carbonaceous aerosols over a semi urban Location in Garhwal Himalayas, Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 56, August 2020, DOI:10.1007/s13143-019-00158-1, 455-465
23. Murthy B.S., Latha R., Tiwari A., Rathod A., Singh S., Beig G., Impact of mixing layer height on air quality in winter, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, 197: 105157, January 2020, DOI:10.1016/j.jastp.2019.105157, 1-10
22. Latha R., Murthy B.S., Vinayak B., Aerosol-induced perturbation of surface fluxes over different landscapes in a tropical region, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 40, November 2019, DOI:10.1080/01431161.2018.1523586, 8203-8221
21. Panicker A.S., Sandeep K., Negi R.S., Gautham A.S., Bhist D.S., Beig G., Murthy B.S., Latha R., Singh S., Das S., Estimates of carbonaceous aerosol radiative forcing over a semiurban environment in Garhwal Himalayas, Pure and Applied Geophysics, November 2019, DOI:10.1007/s00024-019-02248-7, 1-10
20. Murthy B.S., Latha R., Halder M.2018. WRF simulation of a severe hailstorm over Baramati: a study into the space–time evolution, Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 130, April 2018, DOI:10.1007/s00703-017-0516-y, 153-167
19. Latha R., Vinayak B., Murthy B.S., 2018. Response of heterogeneous vegetation to aerosol radiative forcing over a northeast Indian station, Journal of Environmental Management, 206, January 2018, DOI:10.1016/j.jenvman.2017.09.047, 1224-123220
18. Murthy B.S., Latha R. 2017. Intraseasonal variability of rainfall, wind and temperature during summer monsoon at an Indian tropical west coast station, Goa– Role of synoptic systems, Journal of Indian Geophysical Union, 21, July 2017, 298-308.
17. Latha R., Murthy B.S., Lipi K., Srivastava Manoj K., Kumar Manoj.2017. Absorbing aerosols, possible implication to crop yield - a comparison between IGB stations, Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 17, March 2017, DOI:10.4209/aaqr.2016.02.0554, 693-705.
16. Latha R., Murthy B.S., Lipi K., Manoj Kumar, Das S.K., Mahanti N.C., Temporal variation of “solar dimming” induced by composite and carbonaceous aerosols: Observations from mineral-rich eastern Indian region, Journal of Geophysical Research, 119, May 2014, DOI:10.1002/2014JD021483, 6246–6258
15. Latha R., Murthy B.S., Manoj Kumar, Jyotsna S., Lipi K., Pandithurai G., Mahanti N.C., Aerosol optical properties and composition over a table top complex mining area in the Monsoon trough region, Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 14, April 2014, DOI:10.4209/aaqr.2013.02.0062, 806-817
14. Murthy B.S., Latha R., Manoj Kumar, Mahanti N.C.2014. Effect of aerosols on evapo-transpiration, Atmospheric Environment, 89, June 2014, DOI:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2014.02.029, 109-118.
13. Murthy B.S., Latha R., Manoj Kumar.2014. Inﬂuence of tropical cyclone "AILA" on atmospheric surface layer turbulence and ﬂuxes at Ranchi during its landfall, Atmospheric Science Letters, 15, January 2014, DOI:10.1002/asl2.474, 72-78.
12. R Latha, B S Murthy, Manoj Kumar, S Jyotsna, K Lipi, G Pandithurai, N C Mahanti. 2013. Aerosol optical properties and composition over a table top complex mining area in the monsoon trough region. Aerosol and Air Quality Research, doi: 10.4209/aaqr.2013.02.0062
11. R Latha, B S Murthy, Manojkumar, Lipi K, S Jyotsna. 2013. Aerosol radiative forcing controls: results from an Indian table-top mining region. Atmospheric Environment, doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2013.09.035
10. R Latha, B S Murthy. 2013. Response of Cassava canopy to mid-day pseudo sunrise induced by solar eclipse. International Journal of Biometeorology, 57, 645-648.
9. B.S. Murthy, R. Latha, P. Sreeja. 2013. Boundary Layer Jet on the lee side of Western Ghats during southwest monsoon as revealed by high resolution sodar winds. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, 105-106, 101–109.
8. Latha R, B S Murthy. 2012. Natural reduction of CO2 observed in the pre-monsoon period at the coastal station, Goa. Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 115, 73-80.
7. Murthy B.S, Latha R, Sreeja P, Dharmaraj T. 2012. Transient land breeze: Eclipse induced wind flow modifications—Observations over plant canopy. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, 89, 33-39.
6. Murthy B.S, Latha R, Sreeja P, Kalapureddy M.C.R, Dharmaraj T., Waghmare R.T. 2011. Pre-monsoon/monsoon thunderstorm characteristics over Pune - An investigation using Doppler Sodar observations. Journal of Atmospheric and Solar Terrestrial Physics, 73, 2356-2366.
5. R. Latha , B.S. Murthy. 2011. Boundary layer signatures of consecutive thunderstorms as observed by Doppler sodar over western India. Atmospheric Research, 99, 230–240.
4. V. Ravi, James George, R. Latha, B. S. Murthy, T. Dharamaraj, C.S. Ravindran and S.K. Naskar. 2010. Effect of the Annular Solar Eclipse of 15 January 2010 on Meteorological Variables, Photosynthetic Electron Transport Rate and Photosystem II Efficiency of Cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz.) Journal of Root Crops, 36/1, 72-77.
3. B. S. Murthy, R. Latha, Cini Sukumaran, A. Shivaji and S. Sivaramakrishnan. 2009. On the influence of spatial heterogeneity on an internal boundary layer at a short fetch. Journal of Earth System Science, 118, 1, 61-70.
2. Latha R. 2007. Micrometeorological influences and surface layer radon ion production: Consequences for the atmospheric electric field, Atmospheric Environment, 41, February 2007, 867-877.
1. Latha R. 2003. Diurnal variation of surface electric field at a tropical station in different seasons: a study of plausible influence, Earth, Planets and Space, 55, 2003, 677-685.
Proceedings, Books, Research Reports
4. Latha R, Murthy B S, Jyotsna S, Manoj Kumar S, Dipu S and Pandithurai G. Effect of dust and rain events on aerosol optical properties and radiation:IASTA-2010,19/1&2, pp 99-100, March, 24-26, Darjeeling, 2010.
3. Latha R. On the efficacy of radionuclide emission as a control on surface electric field, the micrometeorological constraint.Geophy. Res. Abstracts, Vol, 10. EGU-2008-A-07349, 2008
2. Latha R. Trees and Atmospheric Electric Field; the Natural Pollutant Sieves? International conference on Climate change, May 29-31, Hongkong, 2007
1. Latha R. A Spherical Antenna to measure Air Earth Current profile- some initial observations. XII National Space Science symposium, Dept. of Physics, Barkatullah University, Bhopal, Feb., 25-28, 2002